04-19-2013 08:42 AM
55 123
tools
    I absolutely loved my S3 and thought it would be hard to beat. When I placed the phones next to eachother with the same wallpaper & screen set to full brightness, I would say the S4 is probably twice as bright & clear.

Side by side with the HTC One, the S4 wins easily.
    Side by side with the Sony Xperia Z....well that then depends which companys screen quality you prefer.
    So u have actually compared the screen next to the HTC one? Or the one x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    04-16-2013 03:08 PM
    I love the white, my gf prefers the black.
    1.) Ahh, so we know who wears the pants in this relationship!!

2.) You know what they say, once she goes black.......!!

......lol j/k of course!! Sorry, I've been watching too much Tosh.0, lol! Yo, hook up a brotha with an S4 man!!
    04-16-2013 03:12 PM
    I've always like the darker colors over white myself, but shortly after getting my pebble blue GS3, I saw a white one that a co-worker had with a black case on it...and I thought it had a very cool "Storm Trooper" look to it.

May have to go white this time around....

Also, thanks for taking the time to not only share your pics, OP, but answer questions as well.
    04-16-2013 03:21 PM
    gahh I can't make up my mind between this or the Note 2. I know they are two completely different phones, but nonetheless I cannot make up my mind i wish I could get them both but I can't! need to upgrade stat though.
    04-16-2013 03:28 PM
    Battery life compared to the S3. Let's hear it. I'm very curious about that.
    04-16-2013 04:00 PM
    Is it worth getting if I have an note 2?
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-16-2013 04:08 PM
    Wow i thought this was really going to be a guy saying "haha look what i have and you don't" all the answers have been great.

Its good to know the outer edge is actually metal. I cannot wait to get mine...

EDIT: not sure if that guy is still answering questions but how does the phone lay flat on a surface without a case? should there be any concern over the camera sticking out that little bit or not?
    FitMomXtine, stephenhau and j510 like this.
    04-16-2013 04:14 PM
    Do you have any information on when the S4 will be released on Verizon?
    04-16-2013 04:57 PM
    I have seen the S3 lag sometimes. I know the S4 got a great new chip...
    So with that said... did they fix the ALL the lag with the S4? even while running multiple applications?
    I understand its still just a computer and it will happen rarely... but you know what I mean. Compare the smoothness and sutures to the S3
    04-16-2013 05:17 PM
    Some questions:

1. Is camera quality all its hyped up to be? Are all of the many camera features usable?
    2. In all honesty, how "real world" are the features. For example, are any of these features really things that you use often, or are they just for marketing. Do they work well, or are they glitchy.
    3. How is battery life? Does it perform well under heavy usage?
    4. How's the feel. A lot of hype is being put into the HTC One, which is a gorgeous phone. However, I think the GS4 is a slick phone as well.
    5. Will there projected to be any shipping delays?
    6. Also, I've read that the S3 froze a lot and had to restart often. If this is true, will the GS4 have some new hardware to help prevent this?
    7. Will there be a 32GB or 64GB model of the GS4, and if so, will it be released?

And one more question, not entirely about the phone, is will we see marketing increase? Like, heavy rotation commercials?

Thanks in advance!
    04-16-2013 05:19 PM
    I have seen the S3 lag sometimes. I know the S4 got a great new chip...
    So with that said... did they fix the ALL the lag with the S4? even while running multiple applications?
    I understand its still just a computer and it will happen rarely... but you know what I mean. Compare the smoothness and sutures to the S3
    I'd like to know this too, this is one of the main reasons I am upgrading..S3 lags sometimes!
    04-16-2013 05:30 PM
    I'd like to know this too, this is one of the main reasons I am upgrading..S3 lags sometimes!
    X3. Coming from an iPhone I noticed the lag on the s3 and really want the s4, but lag I can't stand!!
    04-16-2013 05:44 PM
    Is it worth getting if I have an note 2?
    I also have a note 2, but I'll renew my contract to get the S4 and sell my note 2 on CL. spare some cash for accessories. The Note 2 is awesome, but it's a little too big (it's just me). I think the S4 is a perfect size and I like the camera feature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    04-16-2013 05:47 PM
    Battery life compared to the S3. Let's hear it. I'm very curious about that.
    Bump b/c I am very curious about this....
    04-18-2013 11:59 AM
    Sound Shot - what type of file is it when captured? I assume its an image, but w/ audio I'm curious when shared, lets say via email, what file type is it? Can only S4 phones hear the audio?
    satannik likes this.
    04-18-2013 12:07 PM
    Bump b/c I am very curious about this....
    Here ya go
    Samsung Galaxy S4 battery life tests are done, here's how it did - GSMArena Blog

Here is the battery test against the HTC One and other phones, came out a winner
    Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One: Army of two - GSMArena.com
    04-18-2013 12:14 PM
    Sound Shot - what type of file is it when captured? I assume its an image, but w/ audio I'm curious when shared, lets say via email, what file type is it? Can only S4 phones hear the audio?
    I can't find anything that goes in detail about it other than what's already generally known except that the camera features are all software based, has nothing specific to do with the S4's hardware. So since the S3 and Note 2 will get the same features, I'd have to imagine the files are playable on any smartphone.
    04-18-2013 01:49 PM

Works for me. I had yet to see any good comparisons. Thanks!
    04-18-2013 01:51 PM
    Thanks for sharing your findings
    04-18-2013 01:56 PM
    Dude awesome thread!! More pictures please!!! How are all the new "features" Do they feel gimmicky?
    04-18-2013 05:30 PM
    Originally I was going for the black one, but as I look at it in these images I am now leaning to the white one. I just don't like the carbon fiber look of it. In person I may make a different decision.
    04-18-2013 08:43 PM
    Originally I was going for the black one, but as I look at it in these images I am now leaning to the white one. I just don't like the carbon fiber look of it. In person I may make a different decision.
    exactly. really hard to tell in pictures so seeing in person will make the decision much easier.
    04-18-2013 08:58 PM
    Got to see the s4 in person today at the sprint store and got to say it looks pretty sweet and definitely feels allot better than the s3. Screen was definitely better also compared to my note 2.
    04-18-2013 09:09 PM
    So how's the camera? I'm in love with the HTC ones camera right now, and I'm coming from a galaxy nexus. I'd like to know how good the overall compared to the one? I know you may be a little biased but Idc haha
    04-18-2013 09:11 PM
    I always get the black version of a phone but that white just looks plain killer. I'm scratching it waiting on Verizon so I'll have a while to decide.
    04-18-2013 10:19 PM
55 123