Already Own Both Colour Variants ;)

GalaxyS4User

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, new member here.

Posting to say I've already got both colour variants of the handset, it's absolutely amazing!

I'm not trying to brag but the point I was making was that I've been using the handset for over a week and can give 100% accurate answers about the phone, not guesses like many of the posters I've seen on here.

Attachments

• 20130416_190002-1.jpg
    20130416_190002-1.jpg
    509.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 20130416_190016-1.jpg
    20130416_190016-1.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 148

GalaxyS4User

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
1. I work for Samsung so it's one of the perks of the job!
2. The background on the settings menu is white as standard but this can be changed by inverting the colours.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
You work for Samsung so there'd be an obvious bias here, but be as honest as you can mate, how does it feel in the hand? I've heard from people that already have the device and they said at first they thought it was just the Galaxy S3s like everyone else that rags on it. But then when they got it they were surprised at how quality it felt, it felt better than the S3 according to them.

GalaxyS4User

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Haha I'll be as honest as possible!

In comparison to the S3 then it feels like a much higher quality premium device. The screen is Gorilla Glass 3, stronger than ANY other phone screen on the market, the bezel is actually metal (still unsure what type of metal but it is but I'm sure it's alluminium) and the rear cover is polycarbonate.

As the phone doesn't have a curved back and is thinner than the S3 you can really feel the difference, it really does feel like it's a flagship device and feels solid, no flexing of the device in the slightest. The fact that the bezel around the screen is so thin adds to this quality. The feedback I have received from the staff in phone shops is the same, they are really impressed by it and have all commented about the build quality.

The only negative feedback I have received is from the standard 'iPhone is the best' morons that look to pick ANY fault before they see the device. However, after demonstrating the device to these guys they have all been mightily impressed by the features of the handset and commented that they didn't think it would be as good as it is.

satannik

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
What is the first thing you recommend to do once we get the device? :)

Sent from my HTC Vivid Borked using Android Central forums

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
They look great! I can't tell from the photo, but is the white back just gloss white or does it have the same textured/carbon look as the black?

GalaxyS4User

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
1. Not sure as in decibels but it's loud enough and the quality is very good. If you connect the phone to another S4 and use Group Play, you can share the music and the sound quality is then unreal!
2. I prefer the white device but that's my personal preference, I love the patterned effect of it. The black device is great too, nicer than I thought it would be and has received some really good feedback from stores. :)

GalaxyS4User

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
It works really well, you can connect up to 5 devices so in effect, can have full surround sound! You can also control the volume levels of all devices from the lead handset that set up the group.
Group play is also great for multiplayer games, so easy to set up with no pincodes, adding devices via wifi direct etc....just join the group and play!

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Haha I'll be as honest as possible!

In comparison to the S3 then it feels like a much higher quality premium device. The screen is Gorilla Glass 3, stronger than ANY other phone screen on the market, the bezel is actually metal (still unsure what type of metal but it is but I'm sure it's alluminium) and the rear cover is polycarbonate.

As the phone doesn't have a curved back and is thinner than the S3 you can really feel the difference, it really does feel like it's a flagship device and feels solid, no flexing of the device in the slightest. The fact that the bezel around the screen is so thin adds to this quality. The feedback I have received from the staff in phone shops is the same, they are really impressed by it and have all commented about the build quality.

The only negative feedback I have received is from the standard 'iPhone is the best' morons that look to pick ANY fault before they see the device. However, after demonstrating the device to these guys they have all been mightily impressed by the features of the handset and commented that they didn't think it would be as good as it is.

So it's made with aluminium after all? Well, that's definitely refreshing to hear.

Thank you for your time.