Im starting to wonder if at&t's s4 will have a locked bootloader similar to what verizon will do? Any word on this as i know they locked up the htc one.
    04-16-2013 02:51 PM
    Im starting to wonder if at&t's s4 will have a locked bootloader similar to what verizon will do? Any word on this as i know they locked up the htc one.
    It will have a locked bootloader I am sure but it remains to be seen of the bootloader will be UNLOCKABLE. Big difference there. All bootloaders can be unlocked, its just the encryption that Verizon or anyone else puts on before its released that makes it a pain the but to actually unlock it. Look how long it took to unlock the Droid Razr M/HD/MAXX HD. Verizon has a nasty habit locking bootloaders down more than other carriers. AT&T might lock it down tight too, but honestly based on past history I would only worry if you have Verizon.
    smooth3006 likes this.
    04-16-2013 03:09 PM
    Yet another reason im going to wait before getting it.
    04-16-2013 03:15 PM
    I'm on Verizon and will definitely want to pick up this phone...but I won't buy it until I know the bootloader can be unlocked. If not, I'll hold onto my S3 for a while...or maybe even switch carriers!
    04-16-2013 03:31 PM
    I'm on Verizon and will definitely want to pick up this phone...but I won't buy it until I know the bootloader can be unlocked. If not, I'll hold onto my S3 for a while...or maybe even switch carriers!
    You can count on verizon locking it up tight.
    04-16-2013 03:38 PM
    Honestly, I have been debating switching carriers now for a couple months but don't think that I would be able to leave the vast LTE network that Verizon has. Plus I still have an unlimited plan and will be keeping that until the forcibly remove it.

In regards to the unlocking, you are better of waiting but I am willing to bet that someone will unlock it eventually. It would only be a matter of time before someone cracks it.
    04-16-2013 03:38 PM
    You can count on verizon locking it up tight.
    Honestly, I have been debating switching carriers now for a couple months but don't think that I would be able to leave the vast LTE network that Verizon has. Plus I still have an unlimited plan and will be keeping that until the forcibly remove it.

In regards to the unlocking, you are better of waiting but I am willing to bet that someone will unlock it eventually. It would only be a matter of time before someone cracks it.
    Yeah, that's what I'm hoping...and I'm in the same boat regarding Verizon. Still though, I'll hold on to my S3 until someone does figure it out.
    04-17-2013 08:52 AM