I have a Nexus S 4G right now. It's better than my EVO 3D was software wise, but hardware, it's slow and has problems (only 512 MB RAM). So my question is: am I a little bit more patient and wait for the S4 or do I just upgrade to the Note 2? Amazon Wireless has it for $149 right now while Best Buy and Sprint is still $300.

Is the Note 2/S III going to get most of these features when they get the 4.2.2 update? I thought I heard something like this just after the announcement, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for your replies!
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-17-2013 09:59 AM
    I have a Nexus S 4G right now. It's better than my EVO 3D was software wise, but hardware, it's slow and has problems (only 512 MB RAM). So my question is: am I a little bit more patient and wait for the S4 or do I just upgrade to the Note 2? Amazon Wireless has it for $149 right now while Best Buy and Sprint is still $300.

Is the Note 2/S III going to get most of these features when they get the 4.2.2 update? I thought I heard something like this just after the announcement, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for your replies!
    I didn't wait for the S4, although I could have, and I'm glad I didn't. The Note 2 is (literally) a super phone, and the fact that it has a bigger screen than the S4 and an S Pen are huge pluses. Battery life is unusually terrific, too.

I've heard what you've heard -- the N2 will get most of the new S4 features, and they will almost certainly come with the 4.2.2 update. The question, though, as it always is with Samsung, is when. Regardless of when it happens, however, I'm extremely happy with the Note 2 as it is in the here and now.
    04-17-2013 10:31 AM
    I hope they do offer the software but my question is why would they, what would make people get the S4 if the Note 2 and perhaps S3 get the software features.
    04-17-2013 10:44 AM
    The S3/Note2 will get everything the S4 has except for features that use infrared and I assume the extra sensors the S4 has. So stuff like smart pause, air view (which is already available on the Note 2, but instead of using your finger it's only with the s-pen), s-health, and stuff like that. Pretty much everything. The IR blaster and those extra sensors are S4 exclusive.
    04-17-2013 10:46 AM
    The S3/Note2 will get everything the S4 has except for features that use infrared and I assume the extra sensors the S4 has. So stuff like smart pause, air view (which is already available on the Note 2, but instead of using your finger it's only with the s-pen), s-health, and stuff like that. Pretty much everything. The IR blaster and those extra sensors are S4 exclusive.
    Yup, but not at launch, that probably will be months after
    04-17-2013 10:53 AM
    I hope they do offer the software but my question is why would they, what would make people get the S4 if the Note 2 and perhaps S3 get the software features.
    Samsung did pass down some of the Note 2 features down to the S3 and I believe older devices as well. So it wouldn't be the first time they passed down features.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    04-17-2013 11:55 AM
    Great point on the Note 2. I think I could get it and be plenty happy. But aside from software, I'm REALLY drawn by the black S4. It is a freakin sexy lookin phone. Plus you can never go wrong with 5 more MP. I think the air view is cool, but pretty gimmicky, so having the S pen to do it anyway is cool with me. And the camera is already amazing. So I guess it's more of do I get the Note 2 and start being happy, or wait for the S4 that already has the 4.2.2 update. We'll see what happens.
    04-17-2013 12:06 PM
    Wouldnt be the first time at all. The s2 jellybean update got the new touchwiz from s3/note2 along with smart stay and some other gestures/features. Thought the same question back then, why get an s3 when my s2 is getting features from s3. So i stuck it out and now my contract is up and am getting the s4. So what i recommend is to stick it out if you already have a note 2 or s3, otherwise im sure this would be a great upgrade from previous phone. But then again debating between note 2 and s4 was a situation i was stuck in a couple weeks back but i decided to go with the s4 so it can start off as a fresh new cycle of updates rather than halfway being done with update cycles. Both great phones/great hardware so it is a tough one.
    04-18-2013 03:15 AM
    Wouldnt be the first time at all. The s2 jellybean update got the new touchwiz from s3/note2 along with smart stay and some other gestures/features. Thought the same question back then, why get an s3 when my s2 is getting features from s3. So i stuck it out and now my contract is up and am getting the s4. So what i recommend is to stick it out if you already have a note 2 or s3, otherwise im sure this would be a great upgrade from previous phone. But then again debating between note 2 and s4 was a situation i was stuck in a couple weeks back but i decided to go with the s4 so it can start off as a fresh new cycle of updates rather than halfway being done with update cycles. Both great phones/great hardware so it is a tough one.
    The Note 2 has only been available for five months, though, so technically it's not in the same category as the S3, which came out with ICS almost six months earlier and was updated to JB after the Note 2 was released with JB. But I get your point.
    j510 likes this.
    04-18-2013 09:04 AM
    I would suspect the GN2 to get some GN3 software updates but not GS4 updates.
    04-18-2013 09:50 AM
    The Note 2 has only been available for five months, though, so technically it's not in the same category as the S3, which came out with ICS almost six months earlier and was updated to JB after the Note 2 was released with JB. But I get your point.
    O I didn't know so recent. I came to that conclusion because I've seen many threads saying the note 3 should be out not too far off but yea 5 months is still very recent
    04-18-2013 01:38 PM
    I would suspect the GN2 to get some GN3 software updates but not GS4 updates.
    Why not? It was already mentioned. Im sure note2 will get dual camera and some other feautures.
    04-18-2013 01:41 PM
    I was just thinking they would add similar GN3 features given the devices product cycle.
    04-18-2013 01:59 PM