I recommend SquareTrade....they are awesome when it comes to Warranties! Much better than carrier warranty

Cell Phone Insurance - Cell Phone Warranty - Cellphone Insurance

Here is one for the Galaxy phones, its only $99
    Samsung Galaxy S Insurance
    satannik and xoxojess like this.
    04-17-2013 03:42 PM
    Make sure to look for a discount code too.
    04-17-2013 07:28 PM
    Sounds like I should check this out.
    04-17-2013 07:43 PM
    What would be the benefits of a Square Trade warranty over the Sprint TEP (which I currently have on my Evo 3D)?

Any input is appreciated.
    04-17-2013 07:52 PM
    What would be the benefits of a Square Trade warranty over the Sprint TEP (which I currently have on my Evo 3D)?

Any input is appreciated.
    - Cheaper
    - Covers almost all types of damages including water damage (I know carriers don't cover water damage)
    - Easier to deal with compared to dealing with the carrier who usually tries to BS you out of your money
    04-17-2013 07:59 PM
    What kind of a deductible do you have on an S3?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums
    04-17-2013 08:22 PM
    What kind of a deductible do you have on an S3?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums
    Probably half the cost of the device and they cancel you if you use it twice. Just saying, but I have no idea.
    Uncle Reemus likes this.
    04-17-2013 08:34 PM
    Their BIGGEST downfall is:

1) They don't cover for lost or stolen.
    2) It's a "diminishing value" policy which means if they have to replace your phone you have to buy the insurance again because the insurance only covers you up to their maximum value of the phone.
    3) If they decide to send you a check if your phone is totaled and for some reason they can't fix or replace it you have to pay the sales tax which can be pretty high on an expensive phone plus you have to buy the insurance again.
    4) Their repair quality record is less than stellar on other devices.

Their deductible is $99 which isn't so bad and their prices are reasonable. Right now it's $99 for 2 years.

I recommend SquareTrade....they are awesome when it comes to Warranties! Much better than carrier warranty

Cell Phone Insurance - Cell Phone Warranty - Cellphone Insurance
    04-17-2013 09:22 PM
    Their BIGGEST downfall is:

1) They don't cover for lost or stolen.
    2) It's a "diminishing value" policy which means if they have to replace your phone you have to buy the insurance again because the insurance only covers you up to their maximum value of the phone.
    3) If they decide to send you a check if your phone is totaled and for some reason they can't fix or replace it you have to pay the sales tax which can be pretty high on an expensive phone plus you have to buy the insurance again.
    4) Their repair quality record is less than stellar on other devices.

Their deductible is $99 which isn't so bad and their prices are reasonable. Right now it's $99 for 2 years.
    Overall though don't you think its better?

1. As for lost/stolen phones, I think they dont cover that is because anyone can say their phone is lost or stolen. I remember with AT&T back then, they would send you a phone if it was "stolen", leaving a person with 2 phones, but then with their warranties now they require you to send the old phone back in the provided box they give u with the new phone.
    2. As for paying again...I think $99 is fair, I doubt someone would be careless to break their phones 3 times in one month, having to pay $300 in one month
    3. Sales tax can be high, but its better than buying a new phone lol

I think its better overall though compared to a carrier warranty
    04-17-2013 09:51 PM
    Overall though don't you think its better?

1. As for lost/stolen phones, I think they dont cover that is because anyone can say their phone is lost or stolen. I remember with AT&T back then, they would send you a phone if it was "stolen", leaving a person with 2 phones, but then with their warranties now they require you to send the old phone back in the provided box they give u with the new phone.
    2. As for paying again...I think $99 is fair, I doubt someone would be careless to break their phones 3 times in one month, having to pay $300 in one month
    3. Sales tax can be high, but its better than buying a new phone lol

I think its better overall though compared to a carrier warranty
    Yea but it is required to have a report about the whole incident. And to send a copy to att and pay deductible.
    04-18-2013 03:09 AM
    Im most likely switching from Sprint TEP to Squaretrade in about a week or so for my Sprint S4. I have 2 warranties with Squaretrade already that I havent had to use yet. But to pay $94 now (with 30% coupon) vs $264 for Sprint TEP over 2 years is worth it to me. And lowering my bill by $11 a per month is worth it too.
    06-26-2013 06:06 AM