Getting ready for my Galaxy S4. Just ordered a SanDisk Mobile Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC Flash Card for $55. I hope to buy a GS4 32Gb phone if the wait with Verizon isn't too long. All I hear so far from all the carriers is the 16Gb phone.

What's everybody else getting?

Been reading in the GS3 forum about some problems it's had at times in not reading cards. Some even suggest their GS3's have been damaging the cards.

Reading up on the ExFAT format, too. Since the camera is 1080P video files will grow rather large in a hurry. Saw on XDA site where a poster said the GS3 was roughly using 124Mb/sec for HD so the GS4 will have higher usage of disc space.
    04-17-2013 09:57 PM
    I will be transferring my Sandisk 64GB micro sdxc Class 10 card to my GS4 when it arrives on or before 5/3/13.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    04-17-2013 10:03 PM
    I have the SanDisk 32GB SDHC in my GS3 and will be moving it with all my music to the GS4
    Love phones with MicroSD! Learned my lesson with the iPhone and Nexus phone I had
    04-17-2013 10:10 PM
    Hey smooth4lfye, What issue(s) did you have with your Nexus - did you just run out of space or did something else happen? I've got a 32GB VZW G-Nex with no issues but am wondering if something bad is in my future.
    04-18-2013 07:22 PM
    Hey smooth4lfye, What issue(s) did you have with your Nexus - did you just run out of space or did something else happen? I've got a 32GB VZW G-Nex with no issues but am wondering if something bad is in my future.
    Yeah its more about the space. I had 16GB and was out of space. I use my phone for music and pictures and I just dont like the fact that its taking space on my phone for apps and stuff.
    Also its much easier when you want to factory reset
    04-18-2013 07:35 PM
    I've got my 64GB microSD from Samsung as well ready and waiting.
    04-18-2013 08:41 PM
    Getting ready for my Galaxy S4. Just ordered a SanDisk Mobile Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC Flash Card for $55. I hope to buy a GS4 32Gb phone if the wait with Verizon isn't too long. All I hear so far from all the carriers is the 16Gb phone.

http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/...582-TS?$S300W$

Been reading in the GS3 forum about some problems it's had at times in not reading cards. Some even suggest their GS3's have been damaging the cards.

Reading up on the ExFAT format, too. Since the camera is 1080P video files will grow rather large in a hurry. Saw on XDA site where a poster said the GS3 was roughly using 124Mb/sec for HD so the GS4 will have higher usage of disc space.
    I have this card for my Note 2 and one for my ex s3 and they are superb! I think they make this in class 6 and 10 so get the class 10 if you can. You really notice the speeds when transferring on a PC or backing up the card to computer and these really fly! The HD video does eat up the storage! Once I get several Videos, I usually transfer them to an external hard drive I have just for pics and videos, that is where you really notice class 10 cards.
    Wilbur likes this.
    04-18-2013 09:10 PM
    Anybody taken a look at the Samsung class 10 cards?

John
    Attached Thumbnails SD card of choice for GS4-32gb_400x400.jpg  
    04-18-2013 10:02 PM

http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/...582-TS?$S300W$

Just got that same card last week at Best Buy on sale for $59. and I had a $40. reward zone card. A little over $20. was a deal.

I'm also waiting it out for Verizon and will not settle for the puny 16GB. Has to be at least a 32GB.
    Wilbur likes this.
    04-18-2013 10:24 PM

John
    Who or where sells them?
    04-18-2013 10:26 PM

John
    I also had one of these before I got the 64 Sandisk. Also a very fast card. It is in my wife's S3 now. If I remember correctly I got it on sale and it was a steal. Overall a great card.
    04-18-2013 10:32 PM
    Is this one good for the S4? I'm an iPhone guy so I'm new to the SD card thing. What is the SD adapter?

Amazon.com: SanDisk 64GB Ultra MicroSDXC Class 10 Memory Card with SD Adapter - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories
    04-18-2013 11:17 PM
    Is this one good for the S4? I'm an iPhone guy so I'm new to the SD card thing. What is the SD adapter?
    The SD adapter allows you to transfer data from the micro SD card to a computer. The micro SD card slides into the adapter making it a SD card size. Some adapters slide into an SD card reader (Like the picture in the first post) and some are USB models. I use the USB model since not all computers have SD card readers built in. But both work fine.

I have never had an issue with a Sandisk product. I would recommend the class 10 cards.
    04-18-2013 11:26 PM
    Who or where sells them?
    Saw them on the Samsung store site.

That is where I bought my S-View case, multimedia dock and car charger for my S4.

Accessories - AT&T Cell Phones SGH-I337 | Samsung Cell Phones

John
    04-19-2013 07:05 AM
    The SD adapter allows you to transfer data from the micro SD card to a computer. The micro SD card slides into the adapter making it a SD card size. Some adapters slide into an SD card reader (Like the picture in the first post) and some are USB models. I use the USB model since not all computers have SD card readers built in. But both work fine.

I have never had an issue with a Sandisk product. I would recommend the class 10 cards.
    Isn't it easier to simply connect the phone to computer via microUSB to USB cable? You can still do that with Android 4.x+ right?? I'm still using Gingerbread on my 2-year old Droid Charge and it just shows up as an external hard drive this way. In Windows Explorer I simply create folders on the microSD card and then copy n paste music, e-books and movies to the phone. I'm assuming this is still possible with the newer Android operating system.

Might call around to the other carriers today (Sprint?) to see if they have the Galaxy S4 on display yet. I have to touch and see it.... haha
    04-19-2013 10:27 AM
    Isn't it easier to simply connect the phone to computer via microUSB to USB cable? You can still do that with Android 4.x+ right?? I'm still using Gingerbread on my 2-year old Droid Charge and it just shows up as an external hard drive this way. In Windows Explorer I simply create folders on the microSD card and then copy n paste music, e-books and movies to the phone. I'm assuming this is still possible with the newer Android operating system.

Might call around to the other carriers today (Sprint?) to see if they have the Galaxy S4 on display yet. I have to touch and see it.... haha
    Yes you can. I do not know if the transfer is slower through the phone. It can take a while so I usually pop the card out of the phone back it up.
    Wilbur likes this.
    04-19-2013 11:05 AM
    I'll take the 32G out of my Razr Maxx... cost me whatever it did a year ago when I purchased it, but no additional money.
    04-19-2013 11:12 AM