Long time iPhone user blown away

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Yup, me too. iPhone 4,4s,5 but now it's time for change. Reasons why I think people want to switch off iPhone:

1) screen size is bigger on android
2) apple isn't innovating like Samsung right now
3) the innovative features in s4 would take apple years to implement
4) android apps have caught up in quality to iOS.
5) developers are releasing their apps and updates at the same time for both systems (for the most part)
6) People have lost faith/trust in apple to innovate w/o Steve Jobs.
7) Samsung marketing is genius.
8) isn't everyone tired of the grid of icons by now? It's been how many years....

I"ll be switching over as well. Owned an iPhone 3, 4 and 4S. Switching for the reasons mentioned already as well as the ability to switch out batteries and the fact that Samsung is Open Source while Apple is not. I have to wait until May 8 for my AT&T upgrade tho. Not much longer. Called last night to see if they could give me a waiver so I could order earlier. They wouldn't but the rep tried to talk me out of even considering an Android phone of ANY kind. She said they were "too techy". I kid you not. LOL

Last edited:

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
So you don't have a Samsung phone now, you have an iPhone? Have you considered the others like the HTC and Sony?

What are your favourite apps?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ctgatorfan81

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty much as big an Apple guy as one could get. I am typing this on my mini, looking at my iPhone 4 and 5 (work phone) which are sitting on top of my MacBook Pro. All I have done since early March is drool over the Samsung Galaxy S4. I preordered mine first day and can't wait to start the experience. It doesn't mean I don't love Apple or their products it just means that I think this phone and OS is better for me right now. I have new needs which iOS can't fill at this time while Samsung could have filled them with the GS3. So yes I'm with you as a long time iPhone user Android has def caught up and passed in some ways but its enough for me to switch.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Well the first week of june would be my 20 months. I'm fairly certain they do 20 months for all upgrades since that was a big controversy that verizon switched to 24 months recently while AT&T stayed at 20.

I was thinking of going into a store to see if they would let me pre-order or do my upgrade even earlier. That would be insane. But if you catch the right employee on the right day i've heard they do that sometimes. Rare, but its happened. Looks like AT&T will have them in store on the 27th so maybe i'll go in that day just for fun to see what i can pull off.

Try calling, if the first rep won't do it, say thank you then hangup and call again later. I also suspect it's merely catching the right rep in the right mood. My wife got some amazing deals this way. And you can talk to a lot more reps a lot easier on the phone than going from store to store.

Fraydog

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
The reality is that the iPhone 5, the GS4, and the One are solid phones. Pick what's right for you. I just wish we would all sit back and not judge each other for our different choices. Android is pretty damn good these days. So is iOS.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Try calling, if the first rep won't do it, say thank you then hangup and call again later. I also suspect it's merely catching the right rep in the right mood. My wife got some amazing deals this way. And you can talk to a lot more reps a lot easier on the phone than going from store to store.

I actually just called both premier last night and phone customer care. No luck with the premier, however when i called customer care the rep "spoke to their supervisor" and said that they would call me back on April 30th since thats when the S4 would be in their system and get my upgrade early and the S4 ordered!

So i'm good, effectively moved up my upgrade from June 8th to April 30th. So excited now knowing i will probably get my S4 in just about 2 weeks!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon