Long time iPhone user blown away

LadyX20

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm a long time user of iPhones and I currently have an iPhone 5. I just saw the introductory video for the Samsung Galaxy S4 and oh my gosh I am literally blown away! Everything from the Smart Pause function to the Air View/Air Gesture to the vibrant display quality are really amazing features and specs. Samsung has really grown over the years and if they keep this up they could become the world's leading smartphone vendor. I also really loved the accessories, like the S View Cover and the Wireless Charging Pad. I thought I'd see these groundbreaking features on an iPhone but it seems Samsung are moving forward apace. Way to go Samsung! :D

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Good to know!
Welcome to android central, hope you join the Android Club soon!

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

LadyX20

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! My sister just pre-ordered it in White Frost and I'm tempted to get one for myself but thought I'd wait until she receives it. I think this smartphone (and Apple's business practices) will make me move from Apple to Samsung.

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yea,,,, I'm a longtime iphone junkie,,,, owned every model,,,, these days I'm rockin the Note 2 but I'm getting the S4 and selling off the N2.

I love Apple but they really need to play phone catch-up these days,,,, I still have and love my ipad though.

Cheers
Davyo

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I felt the same way about the Note 2 and switched.
I'm not loyal to any brand just for the sake of a brand.
I buy the best tech that fits my needs and at this point it's a Samsung.

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm tired of Apple's constant slow moving adaptation of new features. I still remember not having "cut and paste" forever. I'm over them and I'm just ready and waiting for my S4.

xioser

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah im in the same boat, never thought of myself as a fan boy, even though i own an ipad, imac and had every iphone out. Its defo time to swtich, cant see the 27"imac going anywhere though.

For anyone else switching from apple to samsung, try EASY PHONE SYNC. Was unsure at first but had a friend make the switch to a note 2 from an iphone, this app imported pics, contacts and sms messages. The whole setup didnt take long, id advise to make a backup (not sync) of your iphone first on itunes

xoxojess

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
let me jump on this train as well. been an iphone user for years but will be making the switch to the android side with the S4. i don't remember getting this excited over the release of a device in the past so i think that means.. i've finally seen the light. :D

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Samsung has really grown over the years and if they keep this up they could become the world's leading smartphone vendor.
Look again, they became the world leader last year with over 25% of the market. Apple was #2 at about 18%.
I don't have the exact figures handy but somewhere around 3/4 of all phones sold in the world were Android.

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
let me jump on this train as well. been an iphone user for years but will be making the switch to the android side with the S4. i don't remember getting this excited over the release of a device in the past so i think that means.. i've finally seen the light. :D

I'm in the same boat. Can't wait for my S4!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I used to be a iPhone user till the Galaxy S2 and I haven't looked back :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes that's how I left iphone myself.
I can't believe how little IPHONE MOVED FORWARD.
STEVE JOBS WAS THE MIND BEHIND IT ALL..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

tamajon3591

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
yes , I am also a iphone user but i am 60 years old and my eyes are not the same anymore. I need a bigger screen now. Its either the note 2 or the SGS4.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow! Seems like a lot of Apple (iPhone) users will be switching to Samsung because of the S4. Interesting. I had no idea.

Yup, me too. iPhone 4,4s,5 but now it's time for change. Reasons why I think people want to switch off iPhone:

1) screen size is bigger on android
2) apple isn't innovating like Samsung right now
3) the innovative features in s4 would take apple years to implement
4) android apps have caught up in quality to iOS.
5) developers are releasing their apps and updates at the same time for both systems (for the most part)
6) People have lost faith/trust in apple to innovate w/o Steve Jobs.
7) Samsung marketing is genius.
8) isn't everyone tired of the grid of icons by now? It's been how many years....

Reformed IOS User

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm coming from a 3GS
I never upgraded because I kept waiting for an iPhone with a larger screen
The marginal size increase on the 5, prompted me to give up on the iPhone

iToddh

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm making the switch myself. I've had every iPhone since they've been out, but with my last job I had a work Android (Galaxy S3) and my personal iPhone 5. Since leaving my last position I miss the customization of Android and found myself getting tired of having "the same" phone every time with little change to show of it. Needless to say as soon as the S4 was announced I sold my iPhone 5 and am now impatiently waiting for the S4 to be released on Verizon :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781