I would first like to say I am a phone junkie....sort of. When the new phones come out I always find a way to get them wether I am up for an up grade or not. I have had the HTC: Hero, Evo, Evo3D and the Evo 4g LTE. Although the One looks like a great phone I have decided to go with the GS4 for a little strange..... Here is where the problem is: I has to have my EVO 4g lte serviced at the Sprint store the other day and was playing around with the Note 2. I really liked it and thought I wanted it. My wife (my voice of reason) kept telling me that I would be disappointed with the Note 2 and that I should wait for the GS4. I did pre-order the GS4 but wondering if I made a mistake for speed over size..... Can anyone let me know their opinions if I made the right or wrong call. Thanks
    04-20-2013 05:48 AM
    I am in the exact same position as you every year some how someway I find a way to get that new phone. Coming from the Evo LTE I ordered the s4 and now I also am second guessing myself if I should have gone with the HTC one. I feel I will try the s4 for two weeks then if I am not happy switch to the one.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    garyg_nh likes this.
    04-20-2013 06:50 AM
    I have the N2 and love it. However, I will be getting the S4 next month. The S3 is a little small and the N2 a little big. I'm hoping the S4 is the perfect size. The latest tech, better camera, etc doesn't hurt either. I am going to hold off for the 32gb version though.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Android Central Forums
    garyg_nh likes this.
    04-20-2013 07:21 AM
    Why did your wife feel you'd be disappointed in the Note II?

I love mine. It's the first phone I've owned where I have Zero phone envy. I also come from a long line of HTC devices.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    garyg_nh likes this.
    04-20-2013 08:18 AM
    Don't sweat it man! You made the right choice.
    garyg_nh likes this.
    04-20-2013 11:53 AM
    IMO, the speed difference is going to be very minor or nonexistent for everyday use. I've yet to see a Note 2 user say it's not fast enough.

Where you really have to make the decision is size. Some people feel the Note 2 is too large, but a majority of Note 2 users (or at least the ones that post on forums) were used to it in a couple days and now feel anything else is too small.

Have you considered canceling the pre-order and waiting until you can actually hold them in the store? Last year I spent hours in the store with an S3 in one hand and a Note 2 in the other. I finally decided on the Note 2 and have never regretted it.

Two other things to consider: The S-pen. Play with it a bit. Some people don't use it or use it rarely, others discover that once they learn to use it they can't live without it. Also, remember that many of the new features on the S4 will be coming to both the S3 and the Note 2.

Gary, while all we can do is give you our opinions (and everyone has one and they usually differ), there's 1 fact I can't emphasize enough: It's your phone, the only opinion that counts is yours. Give yourself enough information to make your choice and the best way to get a feel for a device is to use it.

No matter what you decide there's a good chance we'll see the Note 3 in about six months and it'll start all over again For now it looks as if you're trying to decide between the two best phones available. Either one is awesome.
    Adawg1203 and garyg_nh like this.
    04-20-2013 12:03 PM
    I would first like to say I am a phone junkie....sort of. When the new phones come out I always find a way to get them wether I am up for an up grade or not. I have had the HTC: Hero, Evo, Evo3D and the Evo 4g LTE. Although the One looks like a great phone I have decided to go with the GS4 for a little strange..... Here is where the problem is: I has to have my EVO 4g lte serviced at the Sprint store the other day and was playing around with the Note 2. I really liked it and thought I wanted it. My wife (my voice of reason) kept telling me that I would be disappointed with the Note 2 and that I should wait for the GS4. I did pre-order the GS4 but wondering if I made a mistake for speed over size..... Can anyone let me know their opinions if I made the right or wrong call. Thanks
    You made the right choice going with the GS4. The screen is not that much smaller... I've had the Note 2 and the overall size of the phone does make it a little awkward to use at times, but the main reason the GS4 is better is the 1080p screen (and other new features). Also, good job avoiding the HTC One. I pre-ordered the One and the GS4 and have the One up on ebay now. It is NOT the high quality phone HTC seems to think it is. The "fit & finish" is quite poor actually and it felt kind of cheap.
    satannik, Lucki and garyg_nh like this.
    04-20-2013 01:24 PM
    I have the N2 and love it. However, I will be getting the S4 next month. The S3 is a little small and the N2 a little big. I'm hoping the S4 is the perfect size. The latest tech, better camera, etc doesn't hurt either. I am going to hold off for the 32gb version though.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Android Central Forums
    The GS4 build-wise is apparently a bit smaller the the GS3 but with a bigger display thanks to slim bezel.
    I almost went for the Note2 but tried a friend's one and I just couldn't adjust to the huge size of it, its far too big for my hands.
    garyg_nh likes this.
    04-20-2013 06:16 PM
    I think she was just trying to delay the purchase I think she just wanted me to weigh all the options before getting the next phone. Thanks for your reply!
    04-21-2013 07:55 AM