S veiw case

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Seems interesting.
Just wondering if the Gorilla Glass 3 will protect the screen, due to the S View Cover having a flap open.

Sent from my XOOM.

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
The S-View only comes in black and white.

John

looks like more than black and white to me..... ;)

Covers are available in a wide array of colors and include Black Mist, White Frost, Orange, Yellow, Light Blue, Pink and Green. The covers carry a price tag of $39.99. The most interesting among these covers is the S View cover which allows the user to view a small part of the Galaxy S4 while keeping the cover closed. Users can view the date, time, battery backup, messages and also answer or reject calls. Another feature in the S View cover is the Auto Wake Up function which is activated when the cover is opened. This does away with the need to manually unlock the screen.

Screenshot-8.jpg

iToddh

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely getting the S view cover. I don't want to add a lot of bulk to the phone and with the sleep wake function it should (hopefully) help with battery management, very similarly to the iPad smart cover. Also the idea of the window to just glance at the important stuff and not have to view the whole screen is intriguing to me. Hopefully it functions as well as Samsung says it does!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The S-Cover is nice, but they failed on this one. No way to have that cover and wireless charging, $60 is way too much for what it does and you cant use a case without cutting into it. Thanks but no thanks.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The S-Cover is nice, but they failed on this one. No way to have that cover and wireless charging, $60 is way too much for what it does and you cant use a case without cutting into it. Thanks but no thanks.

I wonder how much the wireless charging back is? And if you can only get it with a charger? For those who already have a charging pad, obviously they would not need another.

Oh and OP... I before E except after C

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Here you don't need a new cover to charge wirelessly.

Samsung S IV wireless charger, S4 wireless charger

I might be tempted to buy it just to see if it would work with the S-View case.

John

That will leave a slight bulge in the back of the phone and if you have a tight fitting case it might make a difference. I would prefer the OEM back for wireless charging instead of the s view case.

The s view case may work with a qi receiver pad since it does not fit inside of another case

Sent from my Nexus 4

tarball

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I'll get one, but not quite sure of the color yet. The phone would probably be black...

- - - Updated - - -

I'll get one, but not quite sure of the color yet. The phone would probably be black...

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
That pic of the s view cases in multiple colors is from the UK Samsung site. US only shows s view available in black or white.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums