Costco Preorder Deal: $200 phone + free accessories + free shipping + free activation

patelkedar91

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I posted this on XDA but forgot to do it here! Forgive me!
For Sprint and ATT folk. It is ridiculous that Sprint charges $250 for the phone, and that is before activation fees and god knows what else.

Upon extending your contract, you can also choose "Upgrade phone" which still allows you to purchase the phone for $200.. even if you're on Sprint like me. You don't need to be a member of costco.

Costco Wireless - Big Savings on Cell Phones - Offering Plans from Verizon Wireless, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.
costco.jpg

Check it out. I would pre-order soon!
By the way, this is not my first post. I used to be on here a lot in the Evo + Evo3D forums but I think they redid the forums or something. I'm not a Costco representative or anything. =O

Concho Pete

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for posting this. I just got back from my local Best Buy, reserving an S4 (Sprint). Just pulled the trigger with Costco, getting more for less.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The free activation is cool, but I think the "accessories" are junk - I wouldn't use them but just my 2 cents.

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The free activation is cool, but I think the "accessories" are junk - I wouldn't use them but just my 2 cents.

agree on the accossories, but upon checking out at costcos i saw that free activations are for members only. Still at 50 bucks cheaper than Sprint its good to know youre saving some cash and can sell the accessories to make up for the activation fee. Another thing is the shipping date is not till 5/3 according to the website. Not sure many will want to wait that long to get their hands on the S4

patelkedar91

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The only good thing about the accessories is that it comes with the phone immediately... I'm probably going to get another case later anyway.

Free temporary case is nice... on top of the $50 off.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
They are supposed to be opening the first Costco in my market in November, sucks its not sooner they seem to have killer deals on their phones.

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Since the accessories are junk, if you are with AT&T I would buy the phone at Walmart for 168. For upgrade users, call AT&T and they will waive the 36 dollar activation free.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Cool. As a soon to be new customer I am going to press politely to get the rep to waive my activation fee, I will be moving a couple of lines and I will likely get accessories as well from him. He was actually helpful and knew his stuff (I know most wireless reps know less than we do by a large margin). But he was helpful.

patelkedar91

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
For those who got this, they'll be processing around May 2nd =/
I don't know if that means that's when they'll ship it... or what.

Ugh can't wait.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
My local Costco in Dana Point, California has the S4's for AT&T in stock so I assume others do too.

I'd like to purchase a S4 through Costco. My wife works at Costco. The local Verizon store gives us a 20% monthly discount because she's a Costco employee. But the Verizon kiosk inside of Costco wouldn't offer the same discount. Weird. In the long run its much cheaper for us to buy the phones through a Verizon corp store than through Costco.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to purchase a S4 through Costco. My wife works at Costco. The local Verizon store gives us a 20% monthly discount because she's a Costco employee. But the Verizon kiosk inside of Costco wouldn't offer the same discount. Weird. In the long run its much cheaper for us to buy the phones through a Verizon corp store than through Costco.

Because the kiosk is not owned by Costco, it is a separate company. The carrier gives you a COSTCO corp discount. Why would the vendor who is just selling the phone right? Are you saying if you are up for renewal, you could not get this deal from the vendor inside COSTCO?

PS, I love my COSTCO here in West Plano, Texas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield