06-11-2013 01:03 PM
92 1234
tools
    I'm not sure why it's necessary to criticize other Android users because of the particular model they use. I'm trying to come over from the iPhone 5, and it's a bit disconcerting to see Android groups squabbling over whose phone is better.

I thought choice was supposed to be good.
    20blks likes this.
    04-22-2013 09:39 PM
    Honestly didn't care about the premium build until reviews. They made seem like I needed the premium build or that I deserved the premium build and that somehow I was being cheated. As time went on I found the HTC one to be very odd looking and changed course.
    So Cold likes this.
    04-22-2013 10:11 PM
    Might want to peek at all of the issue threads. Also, dont drop it, you wont be able to put those PLASTIC speaker grills back on if you do....
    Do people still think drop tests mean anything?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    So Cold and ffejjj like this.
    04-22-2013 10:44 PM
    The problem with labeling the HTC One as a "premium build" phone, is that it's build quality is not premium. How do you define "premium build" in terms of cell phones? The iPhone 5. Unfortunately, it does not come close.

I like HTC. But, if they really want to offer a truly premium phone, they need to do better than the One. However, I don't think they can afford to at this point.

I have an HTC One, which I just sold on eBay.
    04-22-2013 11:01 PM

When the phone they don't like falls on its screen they do

Sent from my Note 2
    return_0 and TheLibertarian like this.
    04-22-2013 11:05 PM

That was your come back? Please try again.
    04-22-2013 11:14 PM
    People need to learn to replace the term "build quality" with the phrase "I think it looks pretty".

Sent from my Note 2
    04-22-2013 11:33 PM
    For some build quality is a deciding factor, just like for you it is not. Personal preference... Feel free, buy your S4, there is no need to justify your reasons.

P.S. If this were a poll, I would choose Build Quality..
    This post isn't about build quality, it's about build materials.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    04-22-2013 11:35 PM
    People need to learn to replace the term "build quality" with the phrase "I think it looks pretty".

Sent from my Note 2
    Or build materials

04-22-2013 11:35 PM
    Or build materials

People know material science even less than they understand build quality. Since this thread is about "premium build" it may be more apt to go with "why my phone looks expensive".

Sent from my Note 2
    The Hustleman and Calidoc like this.
    04-22-2013 11:39 PM
    Delete
    04-22-2013 11:39 PM
    My dad just purchased the HTC One for himself and I got to play with it a little bit. The materials used and the overall build quality is awesome and it looks really good too. Although then I realize I would never carry it around naked and all of a sudden the build quality seems sort of mute.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    madlaw1071 likes this.
    04-23-2013 12:35 AM
    I haven't held or used the HTC One, for that matter I haven't held or used the S4 however it was the S4 i went for and I am "patiently" waiting for. My reasoning is:
    - the 5inch screen size in basically the same basic form as the S3
    - Although I think the One looks lovely I may occasionally use a case and don't want to feel like I am covering up a "thing of beauty"
    - The software from Samsung that I read a lot about seemed to suit me better that the HTC software
    - Removable battery
    - SD slot

I seriously considered the One though and hope whichever phone anyone chooses they enjoy and gain something from. Now getting to the end of my post I am not sure this is a suitable reply or makes much sense. Apologies to the Mods if either is the case.
    04-23-2013 06:54 AM
    That was your come back? Please try again.
    ... he thinks drop tests mean something. smh

04-23-2013 08:28 AM
    ... he thinks drop tests mean something. smh

Again. But its ok, disregard the rest of that post, and just focus on dropping your phone.

Since you seems to want to hang out in the S4 forums trolling about the HTC One...

Poor use of time and energy lol.
    04-23-2013 08:33 AM
    Well HTC has such attention to detail that they can't sell it in the Netherlands. I guess that cool tech they claimed to develop was actually developed by Nokia and mfg for Nokia by a 3rd party. So HTC claims its theirs, Nokia can prove it was theirs and the 3rd party mfg is in hot water. I guess HTC could see similar bans soon.
    04-23-2013 11:52 AM
    I don't use a case! And the one is an awesome phone! I guess if I was to own an overpriced plastic pos, I would buy a case!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    Hilarious

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    04-23-2013 12:19 PM
    My dad just purchased the HTC One for himself and I got to play with it a little bit. The materials used and the overall build quality is awesome and it looks really good too. Although then I realize I would never carry it around naked and all of a sudden the build quality seems sort of mute.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Preach

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    04-23-2013 12:27 PM
    Ok here goes...

Obviously there is no one right answer or htc apple and Samsung would all be using the same material and same basic design.

There is a lot more to the design of a phone than simply the choice of material. All this talk of the one having a "premium design" because it's metal is foolish. And then you get all the people who read that, don't know anything about materials or design and then get the one because of all this premium hype and then are shocked by all the plastic on the phone. I'm not saying it's a bad design or a bad phone by any stretch but people should no what they're getting and know what they're talking about.

As far as design concept I prefer the s4 to the one. If you look at the one head on I think the large speakers and the large bezel give the phone a dated look. To me it looks like a render of a futuristic boombox from the 80s. I think the edge to edge look of the s4 is the premium look. For my purposes I'll take the largest case I can handle and then I want the biggest screen you can pack into that case.

I'm holding out for the note 3 or the note 4. And I'm hearing rumors that the case won't be plastic, could be very interesting.

Sent from my Note 2
    It's about 4:20 right because what you posted sounds like it. Light it up..... Both phones are good get what you prefer for six hundred bucks some folks might go with something more premium looking vs plastic made to look like metal. It happens in the auto industry you want bulk plastic or real aluminum trim lets not do this get what you want.

04-23-2013 12:27 PM
    Has anyone ever noticed that the sony xperia ion has almost the exact same build as the one?
    04-23-2013 12:53 PM
    I don't use a case! And the one is an awesome phone! I guess if I was to own an overpriced plastic pos, I would buy a case!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    Hilarious

When I see posts like this pandering to fanboys I always look at who rushes to like them and quote them.... Way to add substance to the forum

Sent from my Note 2
    04-23-2013 01:10 PM
    You're missing the point, IMO. It's not just the metal build--it's the attention to detail. Samsung doesn't do that, at least they didn't up until the S4. If that changes, then it's for the better.
    So we have HTC Supporters saying that the S4 is nothing but an S3, and then we have some saying that they didn't pay attention to detail until the S4. Maybe i'm misunderstanding your point here, but it seems to me like we're wanting it both ways for the sake of trying to shed Samsung in a negative light. Either the S4 is exactly like the S3 or it isn't. I wish HTC supporters could at the very least not contradict one another so directly in the way that they spend every waking moment hating Samsung.

And by the way, if I had a choice i'd go with the HTC One at this point. So no one need call me a Samsung "fanboy".
    04-23-2013 01:17 PM
    So we have HTC Supporters saying that the S4 is nothing but an S3, and then we have some saying that they didn't pay attention to detail until the S4. Maybe i'm misunderstanding your point here, but it seems to me like we're wanting it both ways for the sake of trying to shed Samsung in a negative light. Either the S4 is exactly like the S3 or it isn't. I wish HTC supporters could at the very least not contradict one another so directly in the way that they spend every waking moment hating Samsung.

And by the way, if I had a choice i'd go with the HTC One at this point. So no one need call me a Samsung "fanboy".
    • Don't lump me in with a group. It's bad form. I have my own opinions. If you quoted me to "exemplify" something, then make sure it's apt, because it's not here.
    • I'm saying that since I have not handled an S4, conclusions about its build quality, attention to detail, etc., are left to others who have. Not me. It's perfectly plausible that the S4 symbolizes a shift in Samsung's process. It's perfectly plausible that it does not. Without handling one myself, I cannot say either way. Hence the language used.
    • Based upon my experience with Samsung, mainly the Galaxy Nexus, Samsung did not pay close attention to build quality and detail, which is perfectly OK because they prioritized other things.
    • I don't hate Samsung at all. I absolutely adored my Nexus, and anyone who has ever talked to me or seen me on here knows that (hell, there's at least 10,000 posts backing up that claim, check 'em out!). Your last line in that paragraph is either inapplicable to me or simply talking to a wall, your choice.

And BTW, I chose to migrate to HTC because they're against a wall and pulled out plenty of stops. For me, that's impressive.

Different strokes.
    04-23-2013 01:29 PM
    When I see posts like this pandering to fanboys I always look at who rushes to like them and quote them.... Way to add substance to the forum

Sent from my Note 2
    Not really I have a note 2 nexus 4 HTC one and iphone5 what can I say I am a fan of phones really good ones I said nothing to put down the s4 or any phone I simply found a comment funny it seems you are a fan boy partna..... Get your self together pick your face up off the ground

04-23-2013 01:50 PM
    Has anyone ever noticed that the sony xperia ion has almost the exact same build as the one?
    I sorta love the Xperia. Would kill for a Sony Nexus.
    nokia4life likes this.
    04-23-2013 01:51 PM
92 1234