To the HTC One "premium build" supporters...

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well HTC has such attention to detail that they can't sell it in the Netherlands. I guess that cool tech they claimed to develop was actually developed by Nokia and mfg for Nokia by a 3rd party. So HTC claims its theirs, Nokia can prove it was theirs and the 3rd party mfg is in hot water. I guess HTC could see similar bans soon.

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
My dad just purchased the HTC One for himself and I got to play with it a little bit. The materials used and the overall build quality is awesome and it looks really good too. Although then I realize I would never carry it around naked and all of a sudden the build quality seems sort of mute.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Preach

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok here goes...

Obviously there is no one right answer or htc apple and Samsung would all be using the same material and same basic design.

There is a lot more to the design of a phone than simply the choice of material. All this talk of the one having a "premium design" because it's metal is foolish. And then you get all the people who read that, don't know anything about materials or design and then get the one because of all this premium hype and then are shocked by all the plastic on the phone. I'm not saying it's a bad design or a bad phone by any stretch but people should no what they're getting and know what they're talking about.

As far as design concept I prefer the s4 to the one. If you look at the one head on I think the large speakers and the large bezel give the phone a dated look. To me it looks like a render of a futuristic boombox from the 80s. I think the edge to edge look of the s4 is the premium look. For my purposes I'll take the largest case I can handle and then I want the biggest screen you can pack into that case.

I'm holding out for the note 3 or the note 4. And I'm hearing rumors that the case won't be plastic, could be very interesting.

Sent from my Note 2

It's about 4:20 right because what you posted sounds like it. Light it up..... Both phones are good get what you prefer for six hundred bucks some folks might go with something more premium looking vs plastic made to look like metal. It happens in the auto industry you want bulk plastic or real aluminum trim lets not do this get what you want.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't use a case! And the one is an awesome phone! I guess if I was to own an overpriced plastic pos, I would buy a case!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Hilarious

When I see posts like this pandering to fanboys I always look at who rushes to like them and quote them.... Way to add substance to the forum

Sent from my Note 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You're missing the point, IMO. It's not just the metal build--it's the attention to detail. Samsung doesn't do that, at least they didn't up until the S4. If that changes, then it's for the better.

So we have HTC Supporters saying that the S4 is nothing but an S3, and then we have some saying that they didn't pay attention to detail until the S4. Maybe i'm misunderstanding your point here, but it seems to me like we're wanting it both ways for the sake of trying to shed Samsung in a negative light. Either the S4 is exactly like the S3 or it isn't. I wish HTC supporters could at the very least not contradict one another so directly in the way that they spend every waking moment hating Samsung.

And by the way, if I had a choice i'd go with the HTC One at this point. So no one need call me a Samsung "fanboy".

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So we have HTC Supporters saying that the S4 is nothing but an S3, and then we have some saying that they didn't pay attention to detail until the S4. Maybe i'm misunderstanding your point here, but it seems to me like we're wanting it both ways for the sake of trying to shed Samsung in a negative light. Either the S4 is exactly like the S3 or it isn't. I wish HTC supporters could at the very least not contradict one another so directly in the way that they spend every waking moment hating Samsung.

And by the way, if I had a choice i'd go with the HTC One at this point. So no one need call me a Samsung "fanboy".

• Don't lump me in with a group. It's bad form. I have my own opinions. If you quoted me to "exemplify" something, then make sure it's apt, because it's not here.
  • I'm saying that since I have not handled an S4, conclusions about its build quality, attention to detail, etc., are left to others who have. Not me. It's perfectly plausible that the S4 symbolizes a shift in Samsung's process. It's perfectly plausible that it does not. Without handling one myself, I cannot say either way. Hence the language used.
  • Based upon my experience with Samsung, mainly the Galaxy Nexus, Samsung did not pay close attention to build quality and detail, which is perfectly OK because they prioritized other things.
  • I don't hate Samsung at all. I absolutely adored my Nexus, and anyone who has ever talked to me or seen me on here knows that (hell, there's at least 10,000 posts backing up that claim, check 'em out!). Your last line in that paragraph is either inapplicable to me or simply talking to a wall, your choice.

And BTW, I chose to migrate to HTC because they're against a wall and pulled out plenty of stops. For me, that's impressive.

Different strokes.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
When I see posts like this pandering to fanboys I always look at who rushes to like them and quote them.... Way to add substance to the forum

Sent from my Note 2

Not really I have a note 2 nexus 4 HTC one and iphone5 what can I say I am a fan of phones really good ones I said nothing to put down the s4 or any phone I simply found a comment funny it seems you are a fan boy partna..... Get your self together pick your face up off the ground

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Amazing, a 3 page thread because one phone has a metal back and one has a plastic back.
Really? If you like the metal back, buy the HTC, who really cares?!?

Last I checked this was a forum to discuss opinions if there is a problem hit the road dude find a dead forum where no one post and hang out there.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You're missing the point, IMO. It's not just the metal build--it's the attention to detail. Samsung doesn't do that, at least they didn't up until the S4. If that changes, then it's for the better.

Honestly... after reading some of your posts... I can see why you are a FORMER moderator here... lol

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Honestly... after reading some of your posts... I can see why you are a FORMER moderator here... lol

I'm a former moderator here because I work 70 hours a week. And now that I'm not a representative of AC, I can speak my mind :).

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm a former moderator here because I work 70 hours a week. And now that I'm not a representative of AC, I can speak my mind :).

You could do that when you were a Mod also.

I've read most of the threads about "build quality" and all I can say is LOL.

I especially LOL'd when I read "all the plastic" that HTC used in the One. The process HTC uses to make the One is impressive, and that's undeniable. The screen is amazing, and the speakers are quite functional.

But what I always wonder is, how many people post that haven't seen or held either phone? I haven't held an S4, but I know a few people that have, and not a pre production model. I'm happy I picked the ONE. ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC