Galaxy S4 Scratch Test (VIDEO)

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
How is it useless? I wouldnt go that far to say it's useless
I bet if the phone did scratch with this test, people would would say "omg this phone build quality sucks" etc.etc.
I think its good to show the durability of minor pressure applied to the phone, like when its in ur pocket or something.
They aren't reliable, but it does give you an idea of the strength of Gorilla Glass 3

The only useless test I can say is useless is the blending

Google up the Mohs scale of hardness. Knives are scary to some people and they think anything can be cut with a knife so that's why these knife tests catch attention.
Simple high school physics says otherwise. Keys are even softer than most knives.
As has been said, no GG will stand up to sand no matter how small the particles.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Google up the Mohs scale of hardness. Knives are scary to some people and they think anything can be cut with a knife so that's why these knife tests catch attention.
Simple high school physics says otherwise. Keys are even softer than most knives.
As has been said, no GG will stand up to sand no matter how small the particles.

Yup, hence being able to take off window stickers with razors.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I still doubt it would be as hard to scratch it
I did some research, Gorilla glass is about a 9 on Mohs scale, knives are 7
Sandpaper (which I guess I can somewhat associate with sand) is also about a 9
So I guess it can scratch it, but probably not as easily as other phones

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I still doubt it would be as hard to scratch it
I did some research, Gorilla glass is about a 9 on Mohs scale, knives are 7
Sandpaper (which I guess I can somewhat associate with sand) is also about a 9
So I guess it can scratch it, but probably not as easily as other phones

Only one way to find out :).

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd say that if this phone can stand on it's own in a knife fight, I can rest assured it's not going to get all scratched in my pocket where it sits alone, tiny specks of dirt and all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34