hehe.... stupid people keep drinking that cool-aid....

There have been numerous rumors claiming that Apple is working on an iPhone with a larger screen to compete with phones from competitors like Samsung, but Tim Cook's comments during today's Q2 financial results call indicate that the company is not quite ready to make a phone with a 5-inch screen.

"My view continues to be that iPhone 5 has the best display in the industry. We always strive to create the very best display. Some customers value large screen size. Others value other factors such as resolution, color quality, white balance, reflectivity, power consumption, compatibility of apps, and portability. Our competitors have made some significant tradeoffs in many of these areas to ship a larger display. We would not ship a larger display iPhone while these tradeoffs exist."

It appears that Apple will not be releasing an iPhone with a larger screen until the company's manufacturing partners can supply it with a 5-inch screen that meets its demanding criteria.
    04-23-2013 08:27 PM
    Yup, all the more reason for iPhone users waiting for a large screen to jump ship now and bit the bullet. A larger screen for iPhone probably won't arrive until late 2014 if at all based on Cooks comments today.
    04-23-2013 08:57 PM
    considering the DPI of the One and SGS4, the only significant tradeoff i see remaining is battery life. And possibly sunlight visibility, but thats more of a trade off of AMOLED than large screen size WRT the SGS4.
    04-23-2013 09:01 PM

There have been numerous rumors claiming that Apple is working on an iPhone with a larger screen to compete with phones from competitors like Samsung, but Tim Cook's comments during today's Q2 financial results call indicate that the company is not quite ready to make a phone with a 5-inch screen.
    "My view continues to be that iPhone 5 has the best display in the industry. We always strive to create the very best display. Some customers value large screen size. Others value other factors such as resolution, color quality, white balance, reflectivity, power consumption, compatibility of apps, and portability. Our competitors have made some significant tradeoffs in many of these areas to ship a larger display. We would not ship a larger display iPhone while these tradeoffs exist."

It appears that Apple will not be releasing an iPhone with a larger screen until the company's manufacturing partners can supply it with a 5-inch screen that meets its demanding criteria.
    Not matter what any one says about Iphones or Androids, every one fails to realize that there are 3 and maybe 4 groups of people in this business. Iphone users that no matter how good Android does it they will always be Iphone user. The same goes for Android users and BlackBerry users. One of my sons and I are Android fans, on the other hand my other son no matter what will never change his Iphone. For many years I used to be a BlackBerry man and I never thought about changing but if it wasn't that BlackBerry started changing the looks of the operating system and I started to dislike it I never would have changed to Android. So my point is not matter what any one company does with their phones, there will always be people faithful to them that believes one is better than the other. I think what's important is what cell phone satisfy ones needs and desires. .... I just saying
    ttwiitch likes this.
    04-23-2013 09:30 PM

because my 5.5 inch screen doesn't display good enough?

Best display I've seen on a phone in a long time... my opinion though

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away
    04-23-2013 09:46 PM