Best review so far

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I don't see how none of these HTC One reviews don't mention how apps still refresh when multi tasking. Sole reason I sent mine back and my s4 is in Memphis on its way to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get that from the reviews I read.
I got that the One is a nice phone, but so is the S4.
They both have positives and negatives

In a very unscientific comparison, I've seen more superlatives used with the One than the S4. Googling "HTC One best phone" yields some...hyperbolic reviews lol

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't see how none of these HTC One reviews don't mention how apps still refresh when multi tasking. Sole reason I sent mine back and my s4 is in Memphis on its way to me

I had the One X also and guess what? That was bad. I've done the side by side of the One and Nexus 4. No complaints here.

Also, I left Songza paused overnight and did a bunch of other stuff this morning. Went back to Songza and pressed play. Picked right back up without reloading. The One X would never dream of doing that.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
This new batch of reviews seems to be echoing what I've said about the "features" - they're gimmicks; very situational in their uses and function. Samsung pouring so much focus into those took away from effort that could have been put on other, practical areas.

SD Slot and removable battery are non-factors for me. Because of these reviews, I've really begun to reconsider getting it as a result... I'll definitely be trying both the One and SIV out beforehand extensively.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

I'm still waiting for this to be an issue for me. It's only happened to me once so far and I regularly have 6-9 apps open.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
These reviews always bash the extra gesture things as gimmicks, but smart stay(not new I know) is a truly awesome thing that I find myself wishing for every time I use my ipad or look at someone else's phone. I could see air jesters working very well to answer calls, w/o having to pick up your phone. If HTC or iphone had even one of these features people would be gushing about how awesome they are, instead people keep calling them gimmicks because they don't use them enough to appreciate how helpful they really are. Frankly buying a phone w/o these extra functions is like buying a BMW w/o any options. From the outside it looks awesome, but once you get in the car you left thinking meh it's just like any other car, nothing to see here it's kind of boring.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
This new batch of reviews seems to be echoing what I've said about the "features" - they're gimmicks; very situational in their uses and function. Samsung pouring so much focus into those took away from effort that could have been put on other, practical areas.
Still doesn't make it true. ;)

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I had the One X also and guess what? That was bad. I've done the side by side of the One and Nexus 4. No complaints here.

Also, I left Songza paused overnight and did a bunch of other stuff this morning. Went back to Songza and pressed play. Picked right back up without reloading. The One X would never dream of doing that.

I agree One X was bad and One was better. Glad you aren't having issues. Maybe it was my unit. Tapatalk app and browser would reload after 5 minutes sometimes less granted it would load to the same place most times but still had to refresh. Was just my experience. Really liked the phone and would have kept it if it hadn't been for that

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Could you elaborate more? What do you mean by still refresh?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why these reviews are all of a sudden changing people's mind about getting the S4
I think the GS4 has an advantage over the HTC One with the bigger screen, removable battery and MicroSD Slot, and more camera features (which is the biggest win personally cuz I take a lot of photos), and better battery life
The only major things from what I have read that the HTC One has over the GS4 is low light camera shots, and design, which isn't really much of a big deal
I don't see why gimmicky features should be a reason not to get the phone, you have the option to turn them off or not use them

Ehhh to each their own though

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why these reviews are all of a sudden changing people's mind about getting the S4
I think the GS4 has an advantage over the HTC One with the bigger screen, removable battery and MicroSD Slot, and more camera features (which is the biggest win personally cuz I take a lot of photos), and better battery life
The only major things from what I have read that the HTC One has over the GS4 is low light camera shots, and design, which isn't really much of a big deal
I don't see why gimmicky features should be a reason not to get the phone, you have the option to turn them off or not use them

Ehhh to each their own though

People just like to complain about devices they don't like, even if the complaint has no real credibility anymore.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Could you elaborate more? What do you mean by still refresh?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

I would be in tapatalk long press home switch to browser to check something come back to tapatalk via multi task home button and it would refresh and load back up to where I was. Worse though be putting stiff into a order form in the browser leave browser for phone call come back page would refresh and have to pu my info back in again. Doesn't do that on my gs3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy