Anandtech: Galaxy S4 doesn't use Snapdragon 600

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and this thread is totally awesome because some of this forum's *ahem* interesting characters have finally shown their true colors.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not quite. What he's saying is that the version the S4 uses may be just a higher clocked version of the s4 pro. That would mean it doesn't use the Krait 300 cores. He also says he doesn't know. It may be a processor that's halfway between the two, or could just be a custom part for Samsung.

I'm glad somebody else read it correctly too. You just forgot to use the word "shady" lolol. :p

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
No, that's wrong. You may prefer a menu button to a multitasking button, but anything more or less than a back button, a home button, and a multitasking button is wrong. Period. Because that's what Google specifies in their Android design spec. Google makes Android. So whatever they specify to be used on Android phones is right. And anything else is wrong. This may sound like a sort of dictatorial decree, but based on logic and the given spec alone, it's true.

Whatever dude.

As I said, I think *Google* is in error in encouraging this move to all onscreen buttons with just back/home/multitask. I hope the major OE manufacturers can pull them back from their incorrect move. I am not of the belief that Google can make no errors and that everything they do is obviously 100% correct the moment they do it. If I was capable of that much blind dogma about a company, I'd probably be carrying an iphone right now.

I bet you were one of the 5 people that championed Windows ME when it came out, or Vista. I bet you feel Windows Live Tiles on the desktop is 100% spot on too because that's the way the original company designed it so everyone just has to love it and proclaim it to be "correct."

-Suntan

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Whatever dude.

As I said, I think *Google* is in error in encouraging this move to all onscreen buttons with just back/home/multitask. I hope the major OE manufacturers can pull them back from their incorrect move. I am not of the belief that Google can make no errors and that everything they do is obviously 100% correct the moment they do it. If I was capable of that much blind dogma about a company, I'd probably be carrying an iphone right now.

I bet you were one of the 5 people that championed Windows ME when it came out, or Vista. I bet you feel Windows Live Tiles on the desktop is 100% spot on too because that's the way the original company designed it so everyone just has to love it and proclaim it to be "correct."

-Suntan

Capacitive buttons are also fine according to Google. Also, as I stated before, the open source nature of Android means that Google's guidelines aren't hard and fast rules. Manufacturers can still choose to do things however they want. However, an open platform without some guidance and direction will most likely not flourish in the market because of inconsistent user experience from app to app or device to device.

Some guidance and direction is good. Saying" my way or the highway "is not IMHO.

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
On screen buttons with HOME, BACK & RECENTS are the sh*t if you think Google did wrong then you're clearly a dumba**

It takes balls to call someone a dumbass after bumping a 9 month old irrelevant thread...

Congrats, you get this week's Dip**** of the Week award.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy