Any reviews for the Galaxy S4 19500 Exynos version??

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
This is the one I am getting, and I was wondering if there were any reviews for this version of the phone?

Well have YOU looked? Buying this version isn't very practical. You'll have very limited developer support and won't get LTE. Not too mention, you probably spend $700-800 on it depending on where you bought it from.

If you want an unlocked version, they have the S4 unlocked with the Qualcomm processor.

8 cores in a phone... Eh.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well have YOU looked? Buying this version isn't very practical. You'll have very limited developer support and won't get LTE. Not too mention, you probably spend $700-800 on it depending on where you bought it from.

If you want an unlocked version, they have the S4 unlocked with the Qualcomm processor.

8 cores in a phone... Eh.

I looked but couldnt really find any

- I got it well one because I don't want to be stuck on a contract again...I had the money so I didn't mind
- The Exynos benchmark is WAY better than the Snapdragon one, so the phone will be faster
- LTE is not important as I am mostly on WiFi, also LTE is a HUGE battery drainer
- Also I didnt want to be stuck waiting on carriers for future updates, I'll get my updates earlier

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm. Guess you don't plan on rooting? I don't know what you use your phone for but I really doubt you'll be able to tell a difference in the processor. But to each his own. Don't know which carrier you are with, but with AT&T and T-Mobile you have the option to buy outright and not have a contract. You'd then have much more developer support and would be able to easily root your device to your liking.

I am seeing the Exynos versions going as high as $900 off contract, which is abusurd. AT&T only wants $639.99 for its version. Of course thats the 16GB version.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm. Guess you don't plan on rooting? I don't know what you use your phone for but I really doubt you'll be able to tell a difference in the processor. But to each his own. Don't know which carrier you are with, but with AT&T and T-Mobile you have the option to buy outright and not have a contract. You'd then have much more developer support and would be able to easily root your device to your liking.

I am seeing the Exynos versions going as high as $900 off contract, which is abusurd. AT&T only wants $639.99 for its version. Of course thats the 16GB version.

I got mine for $730, I already pre-ordered it, which is a great price. I was able to get it quick before they started raising the price to $900
I have AT&T, and with my experience with them sending updates, they are slooooooooooow
Also I will not be rooting my device, as I have no need to anyways, but I know the Exynos version of the GS4 has already been rooted, so I'm sure there will be some support for it if I ever wanted to do it

lostmyphone

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you in wanting a factory unlocked phone but am opting for the i9505 (Qualcomm).
No dealing with bloat and no need to root, just vanilla Android 4.2.2.
Lack of a 1700MHz LTE band will be a problem, though, with the international i9505.

Ditching Verizon finally for AT&T or T-Mobile it looks like.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
So how many different models of the GS4 are there that would be compatible with ATT? All this is confusing. And one of the international ones would work with LTE?

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
So how many different models of the GS4 are there that would be compatible with ATT? All this is confusing. And one of the international ones would work with LTE?

Three.

I9505 - Snapdragon 600, I9500 - Octa No LTE, SHV - E300S - Octa w/ LTE. None but the Snapdragon will work with AT&T LTE. I9500 has an LTE module but it isn't active, SHV - E300S is a Korea exclusive and only runs Korean LTE.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Three.

I9505 - Snapdragon 600, I9500 - Octa No LTE, SHV - E300S - Octa w/ LTE. None but the Snapdragon will work with AT&T LTE. I9500 has an LTE module but it isn't active, SHV - E300S is a Korea exclusive and only runs Korean LTE.

So it sounds like i would need the I9505. When people say it is vanilla android do they just mean no att bloatware? It still has touchwiz so i dont see how it is vanilla android.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
- Octa variant does 12,5hrs of continuous video playback
- The Octa version delivers 10% better benchmark performance to the Snapdragon 600 variant

Woot Woot!!

Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 with Exynos 5 Octa Detailed Review by Russian Websites - Samsung Galaxy S4

"The need to use the first wave of the decision to launch Snapdragon 600 is due to the fact that in this case, the company immediately receives support LTE. In its own processor Octa it is not until August 2013. With the support LTE users at the same time lose some performance (Octa wins and visible in the synthetic tests), as well as time-consuming job (here the difference between 10 percent and above). In general we can say that the Exynos was more productive (this is a blow to HTC One, which uses a Snapdragon 600)."

ninio

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
The four core cortex-A15 are not supposed to be at 1.6ghz? 1.8 maybe its a bench with an overclock.
You can see there the result of bench with glbenchmark :
GFXBench

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So if I am reading this right, the I9505 would be the only LTE capable option. This is 2013, we went through this crap with GSM for years where devices were missing frequencies and wouldn't work everywhere. LTE was "supposed" to address that and once again FAILURE. I mean how hard is it to just release 1 device that supports everything or say 2 devices and not 4 devices.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So if I am reading this right, the I9505 would be the only LTE capable option. This is 2013, we went through this crap with GSM for years where devices were missing frequencies and wouldn't work everywhere. LTE was "supposed" to address that and once again FAILURE. I mean how hard is it to just release 1 device that supports everything or say 2 devices and not 4 devices.

The 19500 does have an LTE module in it, but it just has not been activated for some reason...maybe there is a way to activate it somehow

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The 19500 does have an LTE module in it, but it just has not been activated for some reason...maybe there is a way to activate it somehow

Sounds like you did your homework! Enjoy the Octa version! I owned the International Galaxy Note before it came to ATT and it had the country code DBT (Germany) and it did indeed get the updates faster! Germany was #1 with the updates back then! And no 12 to 15 apps of ATT BLOAT!!! I do love my LTE though even thought my Nexus 4 makes HSPA+ bearable for a few days at a time ;)

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I looked but couldnt really find any

- I got it well one because I don't want to be stuck on a contract again...I had the money so I didn't mind
- The Exynos benchmark is WAY better than the Snapdragon one, so the phone will be faster
- LTE is not important as I am mostly on WiFi, also LTE is a HUGE battery drainer
- Also I didnt want to be stuck waiting on carriers for future updates, I'll get my updates earlier

Smooth4lyfe, would you hurry up and get your phone!? haha Very anxious to find out how fast it really IS !!

On the battery drain topic I recently gave this Anker? Astro 5600mAh High Capacity Portable Power Bank Backup External Battery Charger with built-in Flashlight to my brother for a birthday gift. He loves it. At 5600 mAh it has good backup power for his iPhone 5, iPad 2 & Nexus 10. All for $29.99 at Amazon.

ankerr-astro-5600mah-backup-external-battery-pack-charger-with-built-in-flashlight-for-apple-ipad-mini-iphone-5-lightning-cable-not-provided-iphone-4s-ipad-2-ipod-most-android-phon-photo-002.jpg

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Interesting, I wonder how we go about activating the LTE, and why do the OEM's disable them to begin with. It just doesn't make sense other than trying to cripple sales of international devices to other countries which is stupid. The number of users who are willing to pay $200 above full retail is small compared to those on contract.

BUT, if I could get the I9500 64GB and have it work properly on AT&T, LTE is in the major cities around me but HSDPA+ is much more prevalent. So I wonder if I should really care about LTE on AT&T at this point anyways since its not that large yet.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, I wonder how we go about activating the LTE, and why do the OEM's disable them to begin with. It just doesn't make sense other than trying to cripple sales of international devices to other countries which is stupid. The number of users who are willing to pay $200 above full retail is small compared to those on contract.

BUT, if I could get the I9500 64GB and have it work properly on AT&T, LTE is in the major cities around me but HSDPA+ is much more prevalent. So I wonder if I should really care about LTE on AT&T at this point anyways since its not that large yet.

The Exynos S4 is only available in countries where there is no LTE or barely any at all. Every country that has LTE is getting the Snapdragon, some countries have both. There's no need in activating the LTE module if the countries that it's mainly in don't have support for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781