Why do so many android ppl wanna see Samsung fall?

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
That's the sense I get from these forums is ppl wanna see them fall off bad....I get the HTC one is a great phone and ppl who purchased it truly believe its the best phone ever....but I don't get why the s4 is dismissed b4 its even been in consumers hands, And on top of that the bashing over plastic and gimmicks is crazy, when iPhone users came on here and bashed android phones for being plastic the defense was but who wants a heavy metal phone etc we have removable batteries and expandable memory.... Now it seems like any android user who is against Samsung now is just using the same excuses to bash them as apple users was to the whole android line up HTC, Samsung, Sony etc....my iPhone friends Dont believe when I tell them its now android vs android online...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Or is it the the iPhone is soon irrelevant now and android is so superior overall we just switch gears just to have something to bash lol....

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Ehhh its phone competition, it will die off eventually lol
Just like iPhone v Galaxy S3, and I'm sure will be competition when iPhone 6 and Note 3 come out
Either way, no matter what people think, they both will be making money, and Samsung is currently in the lead for mobile devices, so their opinions won't change that

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
True...but I bet if as, samsung makes a better looking phones than the one was richer materials it will still be well touch wiz is to ugly etc it seems like Samsung reach apple status with android lovers AMD anything they do now will be a complaint its just said I never saw this coming a year ago...I loved us against iPhone users but android bashing android is terrible I need apple to make a killer iPhone so the topic can change

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Honestly its become an internal Android battle of HTC vs Samsung. Back in they day HTC was the top Android vendor and then they fell on hard times, bad launches, poor product's etc. I think the HTC One is a nice phone, but its not a phone I would buy. I like expandable memory and swappable batteries, those to me are two top priorities AND, HTC has proven with their version of the HTC One for China that they could have done just that. They chose not to.

I don't get the bashing either, I do understand its like anything else, sports, cars, hot chicks, consoles etc. People have what they consider to be the holy grail, top dog and nothing can touch it. But to start trashing Samsung just because HTC decided to go aluminum for the first time when HTC has been PLASTIC for years and years is a joke. For me its not a plastic vs aluminum choice its what the phone does. 5" 1080p, expandable memory, swappable battery, tons of sensors and software that I DO LIKE.

I used to own a ton of HTC devices, Incredible, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, to name a few but I lost patience with poor builds, poor support and that crappy Sense UI. Hate on Samsungs UI, but I happen to like it, more like AOSP than Sense is and it works for me.

So for everyone who hates on Samsung because its not HTC, well there are just as many who hate on HTC because its not Samsung. But remember they are both Android and that is what really matters.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I believe it to be a psychological behavior. It?s the way in which we are wired as human beings. Some people really don?t like someone/something on top or in first! Right now, Samsung is the king of Android. They have been the most successful over any other Android OEM, and just like Apple, some people hate a winner. In order to make themselves feel better and justify their product is better they try and discredit their strengths and success. Every product has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Sure, the HTC One has the metal build, but that doesn?t mean its better than the S4 build quality. It?s all subjective.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't hate Samsung. I think the S4 will do really well. I just prefer the look of the HTC One and the features that the HTC has. I have an 11 yo. daughter and taking Zoe's of her is awesome. If I used the features of the Samsung I would have bought the Samsung. I have no allegiance to any brand. I have an IPad,Ipod. I use a Canon camera and I have a Sony 52" big screen. I laugh though when people say that the looks don't really matter. I mean c'mon they have the same processor. It's not like either 1 has different,far superior specs. The Samsung is clocked faster,has a bigger screen. The HTC has more ppi and front speakers. If the S4 had Zoe and front speakers I would have went for the Samsung

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe it to be a psychological behavior. It?s the way in which we are wired as human beings. Some people really don?t like someone/something on top or in first! Right now, Samsung is the king of Android. They have been the most successful over any other Android OEM, and just like Apple, some people hate a winner. In order to make themselves feel better and justify their product is better they try and discredit their strengths and success. Every product has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Sure, the HTC One has the metal build, but that doesn?t mean its better than the S4 build quality. It?s all subjective.

So basically how ppl hate the Yankees, patriots, Lakers, cowboys (even tho we ain't win nothing in years)and Floyd mayweather and apple and now Samsung smh

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't hate Samsung. I think the S4 will do really well. I just prefer the look of the HTC One and the features that the HTC has. I have an 11 yo. daughter and taking Zoe's of her is awesome. If I used the features of the Samsung I would have bought the Samsung. I have no allegiance to any brand. I have an IPad,Ipod. I use a Canon camera and I have a Sony 52" big screen. I laugh though when people say that the looks don't really matter. I mean c'mon they have the same processor. It's not like either 1 has different,far superior specs. The Samsung is clocked faster,has a bigger screen. The HTC has more ppi and front speakers. If the S4 had Zoe and front speakers I would have went for the Samsung

i hear ya man. that Zoe feature is very intriguing. i have kids myself and i'm sure it would be awesome to capture them with Zoe's.

morridoom

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Haters gonna hate?

Seriously though. Whenever there is something that is popular and loved by many, there will always be an "anti-group" to balance things out a bit.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Lol this was actually pretty good

bob13bob

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
well.. there's buyers bias which is huge. It's hard to admit something you just saved up and spent $700 is flawed in any way.

But, I see it different. We the consumers are on the same side. By collectively evaluating and critiquing the devices, we provide incentive for companies to spend money improving them. (spend more money on Rnd, Engineering, manufacturing vs spending money on advertisements and marketing). It's something pier reviewed forums are great at. Those who compare android phone's inferior (needs improvement) aspects compared to the iphone, help improve the next generation to overcome their shortcomings.

Analyss14

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
well.. there's buyers bias which is huge. It's hard to admit something you just saved up and spent $700 is flawed in any way.

But, I see it different. We the consumers are on the same side. By collectively evaluating and critiquing the devices, we provide incentive for companies to spend money improving them.

I would agree to a point. This is true of reviewers but not necessarily of the average consumer. There is a sort of blind fanaticism sometimes that arises with brand loyalty. The purpose isn't simply to elevate the market as whole by pointing out flaws and pushing developers (that maybe an unintended byproduct of the petty fanboisim) but to downplay the flaws of your chosen winner by pointing out what you perceive to be greater flaws in a competing product. It's basically a "anything you can do I can do better" argument.

I understand the reasoning but I've never bought into the android vs ios debate anymore than the xbox vs playstation debate, so I'm surely not gonna buy into the htc vs samsung debate. I own both (though I'm still waiting for my developer's edition to ship). When the S3 came out there were better designed phones on the market but they didn't offer the same functionality and superior software so people made the compromise in build quality. If plastic didn't bother them then it likely isn't going to be bother them now. If samsung repeatedly produces inventively designed handsets then materials will be even less of an issue. It will become more so if the brand remains iterative.

If anything the bigger debate/discussion should be focused one how the advent of the HTC One posses more of a threat to apple than it does to samsung. If the biggest complaint iphone owners have lobbed against android is aesthetics then htc quells that lines of reasoning. It's just as likely to attract samsung owner as iphone owners who have been hesitant to try the android platform.

The party-lines will never be erased though. Everyone wants to be on the winning team. That's like calling for an end to bipartisan politics because in the end we're working towards the same ultimate goal of making our country a better place. Never gonna happen.

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I think that your title is a little off for one reason. I do not think there are "that" many who want it to fail.

What you are in my opinion experiencing instead, is that the trolls are just that much more vocal...

:cool:

npunk42

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Some folks feel that they are personally invested in their phones. To say to one of them "my phone is better than yours" is like saying "I am better than you". Which in turn demands a defensive and amplified response. And so it gets to the point we are at today, not just android, apple, microsoft, blackberry. If Apple had more to choose from there would be the same thing there, as it is the prevailing thought is the latest is the greatest. But Android, wow, the flood of devices every quarter from so many competing companies. Its going to be messier here than anywhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos