Newbie android_
    Like iphone, when I get a texta text message it automatically shows up in my notification center and wake up my phone how can I do the same on Android? thanks
    04-25-2013 01:22 PM
    You're going to need an app if you want it to look the same as iPhone. Otherwise it's in your notifications bar across the top of the screen.
    04-25-2013 01:36 PM
    Since the GS4 has Android 4.2, which includes lock screen widgets, you can install this app which mimics exactly what you describe.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...icationswidget

You just add it to the lock screen and then you're set. It also has an option for automatically waking the screen when you receive a notification.
    04-25-2013 02:11 PM
    You're going to need an app if you want it to look the same as iPhone. Otherwise it's in your notifications bar across the top of the screen.
    I thought 4.2.2 which the S4 ships with allows for SMS on the lock screen.
    04-25-2013 02:12 PM
    I thought 4.2.2 which the S4 ships with allows for SMS on the lock screen.
    It does. And my texts automatically show up on the lock screen. Problem is accessing them from there. When you tap on it, it doesn't automatically take you to them.
    04-25-2013 07:13 PM
    One more question: I get voice alerts on very few actions. Currently they are when I use stock browser. It say,"page loaded" or "loading started" and with gallery "the check box is currently checked". I have tried everything to turn off. Help!!!!!'
    04-25-2013 08:10 PM
    One more question: I get voice alerts on very few actions. Currently they are when I use stock browser. It say,"page loaded" or "loading started" and with gallery "the check box is currently checked". I have tried everything to turn off. Help!!!!!'
    Just at a guess from the SIII...

Go into Settings, scroll down to Accessibility, and find the option called TalkBack. It sounds like that feature was accidentally enabled.
    04-25-2013 08:27 PM
    I tried that too. No luck.
    04-25-2013 09:34 PM
    Assuming that what you have is the S3, check the Driving Mode and make sure it is not switched to ON.
    04-25-2013 10:38 PM
    I have samsung galaxy s4. My problem is thatthe message alert on my lockscreen is appearing in the middle of the lockscreen instead of atthe top. Maybe you could help me
    07-01-2013 01:43 PM
    Newbie android_
    Like iphone, when I get a texta text message it automatically shows up in my notification center and wake up my phone how can I do the same on Android? thanks
    If you are using the stock messaging app - open the app, tap the menu button and select settings, scroll down the resulting page to the notifications section, select preview message ( make sure a green check is in the box ) that will wake your phone and display a preview of new texts on your lock screen.
    07-01-2013 03:38 PM
    There have been other reports of this happening and others, like you, have indicated that turning off talkback did not resolve the issue. If that does not fix your issue you can go into settings, in the "more" tab select application manager, swipe over to "all" and then scroll down until you see talkback, at this point you can try clearing the cache and data, force stop the app or disable it all together. Disabling will prevent the talkback function from working of course but if you should need it in the future you will have to re-enable it at that time. Various reports indicate there are some apps that need accessibility permissions are causing this talkback bug. Hope this helps.
    07-01-2013 03:55 PM
    It does. And my texts automatically show up on the lock screen. Problem is accessing them from there. When you tap on it, it doesn't automatically take you to them.
    Mine does. Try swiping down on the text preview on the lock screen, when you do it will kind of outline the text preview with a shadow box, then tap on it, that will take you straight into the message thread.
    07-01-2013 04:01 PM
    Hey all! So I'm an iPhone user that such switched to the Galaxy S4. I have a new issues with figuring this phone out. So I downloaded both Nova Launcher Prime and Chomp SMS to attempt to have badges and a Notification Center (baby steps people!). So my issue is that I actually prefer the stock messaging app because I really liked the little notification on the lock screen as well as the already present badges. I also am having lots of issues with MMS in Chomp. But now on Nova, the stock messaging app seems to have lost all of the positive parts in terms of notifications. No scrolling notification, no sound half the time...the notifications are enabled and everything. Is this something Nova has caused? And is there a way to make the MMS in Chomp not suck? Thanks for your help!!
    07-05-2013 02:08 PM
    This is resolved somewhere in these forums, keep reading... it seems like it is carrier specific and has to do with an app -

Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk
    Formerly "Evo_girl"
    07-05-2013 02:13 PM
    Hey all! So I'm an iPhone user that such switched to the Galaxy S4. I have a new issues with figuring this phone out. So I downloaded both Nova Launcher Prime and Chomp SMS to attempt to have badges and a Notification Center (baby steps people!). So my issue is that I actually prefer the stock messaging app because I really liked the little notification on the lock screen as well as the already present badges. I also am having lots of issues with MMS in Chomp. But now on Nova, the stock messaging app seems to have lost all of the positive parts in terms of notifications. No scrolling notification, no sound half the time...the notifications are enabled and everything. Is this something Nova has caused? And is there a way to make the MMS in Chomp not suck? Thanks for your help!!
    Do you have the limit for mms disabled in the stock messaging app? Look at the settings for mms inside chomp also. What is the complaint about Nova?

Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk
    Formerly "Evo_girl"
    07-05-2013 02:16 PM
    I've just noticed a strange phenomenon with the lock screen and text msg notification that pops up at the top. You cannot tap the lockscreen notification, but you can pull down the notification bar and tap the message to open it as someone mentioned.

What I noticed is that if you tap the notification on the lock screen it will allow you to swipe left or right through the lock screen pages. Once you swipe back to the lock screen with that same txt msg notification you can then tap it to go directly to the msg. Weird, not sure how it's activated after moving around the lock screen.
    07-05-2013 02:18 PM
    I don't know where to do that. I'm seeing now that when I group message with iPhone users, it sends as am MMS and that's fine. I was just confused. The issue is the whole sending individually thing that happens only in Chomp, but not in the stock. Do you know of a way to get the lock screen notification on the stock app when using Nova? It seems to have overwritten some previous settings.
    07-05-2013 02:54 PM
    How not to show missed calls or sms in locked screen on samsung galaxy s4? Like Iphone.
    08-10-2013 01:53 PM
    I cant seem to turn off the notifications on the lock screen. I want to use the NILS app as it offers more customisability. Any help?
    08-17-2013 10:03 AM
    Are you using the app Light Flow? If so, it has its own accessibility setting that causes the talk back issue too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    08-17-2013 11:07 PM
    I solved this problem using Gravity Box, in General fixes -> Fix messaging wakelock.

Good Luck.
    04-08-2014 11:21 AM