Att will offer 32gb Saturday April 27

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I actually got the S4 today. I know for sure when the Note 3 comes out I will have to skip, because the 6.3' screen for my little 5'0 self will just not work out :p
I'm hoping they'll do with the N2->N3 what they did with the S3->S4, which is give you a bigger screen in a smaller device.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't support any LTE.

Thanks. I started seeing that in other threads, or rather LTE is there but its not active. Sort of the screw job LG & Google did with the Nexus 4 and then they finally put the nail in the coffin to kill the unapproved access to it. It reminds me of when Verizon launched their first feature phone, heck it was a flip phone and it had Bluetooth, the first phone to have it on their network. Yet Verizon crippled all of the Bluetooth features except for headset pairing. They killed OBEX, and other such things. Got sued for it, had to pay a small amount to each users like in the move "The Jerk".

Sick of the carriers jerking us customers around. Without us they have no business and no profits.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I started seeing that in other threads, or rather LTE is there but its not active. Sort of the screw job LG & Google did with the Nexus 4 and then they finally put the nail in the coffin to kill the unapproved access to it. It reminds me of when Verizon launched their first feature phone, heck it was a flip phone and it had Bluetooth, the first phone to have it on their network. Yet Verizon crippled all of the Bluetooth features except for headset pairing. They killed OBEX, and other such things. Got sued for it, had to pay a small amount to each users like in the move "The Jerk".

Sick of the carriers jerking us customers around. Without us they have no business and no profits.

I know. I was the one that initially posted in that thread about it :p.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
How can we find this out for sure ? I'm looking or one that will work with Verizon LTE :D

Lol, you're a pretty optimistic guy from seeing you around the board. I hope there is a 64GB S4 for Verizon one day and you get it.

Anyway, no the Octa won't run on LTE. It's available primarily in markets where there is no LTE for that reason. If it did though, you wouldn't be able to use it. It's a phone on GSM frequencies and Verizon uses CDMA frequencies, so they aren't compatible. And Verizon wouldn't even bother with it if it did work on CDMA because you didn't buy the phone from them. So yeah, there's absolutely no way in hell this phone would work on Verizon.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Lol, you're a pretty optimistic guy from seeing you around the board. I hope there is a 64GB S4 for Verizon one day and you get it.

Anyway, no the Octa won't run on LTE. It's available primarily in markets where there is no LTE for that reason. If it did though, you wouldn't be able to use it. It's a phone on GSM frequencies and Verizon uses CDMA frequencies, so they aren't compatible. And Verizon wouldn't even bother with it if it did work on CDMA because you didn't buy the phone from them. So yeah, there's absolutely no way in hell this phone would work on Verizon.

When dealing with Verizon it's highly unlikely they would offer the 64GB version, didn't last year won't this year.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping they'll do with the N2->N3 what they did with the S3->S4, which is give you a bigger screen in a smaller device.

I hope you are right because anything physically bigger than the current Note 2 and I am out. I was a OG Note user in the international and ATT model and love my Note 2. But if it gets bigger than the current dimensions, I just can't go there. That will just be too large to use as a phone for me.

I am interested to see when the 32 GB S4 drops.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm stopping by my local AT&T tomorrow first thing to see for myself.

I'm not a heavy gamer. More so a picture person /media person so I think ican get away with 16gb & 32 or 64gb sf card.

But if my store had 32gb in stock I'm jumping on it like no tomorrow. ;p

I am however still debating about this or the note 2. So hope to see them both in action and see which one calls my name lol ;p

Now I definitely will not be able to sleep tonight.

The 64gb Class 10 micro sd cards are coming down in price. I picked up two for $22 each..With these, the 16gb version will be just fine. Just my opinon..

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
They are delayed is what I was told. Typical for Samsung release it seems. Same with s3 and Note 2. Why they don't have the others ready at launch is just stupid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Funny how they can ship out the 16/32/64GB all variety's for the Exynos 5 version, I call foul on that crap. They are delaying it for the US market but they had not delay it for too long.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae