Pictured: my new white S4! This is officially the newest phone I've ever owned. Pre-sale - yay!

Sorry this isn't more exciting of a photo - I did do an equally boring unboxing video I'll post to youtube later!

I will be testing out the camera ASAP as I am somewhat of a photography nerd.
    madlaw1071 and SERBDVB like this.
    04-25-2013 03:26 PM
    Is the box made of wood or paper?
    04-25-2013 03:26 PM
    It is paper - just printed with a wood grain. I can't really figure out why. Seems like an odd choice. I'm picking this apart in my head though from a graphic designer's perspective. It is a very nice package design though.
    04-25-2013 03:28 PM
    Its because they are trying to say that its a box made out of 100% recycled materials and all soy based inks or something. I believe they are doing this for the Galaxy Tab 8.0 as well. Ill see if i can find the article.

EDIT: heres an article. I'm sure there are others but this is what i was trying to say
    http://www.samsungalaxys4.com/galaxy...led-materials/

It looks like they must have added the "wood grain" later because the picture in the article doesn't seem to have that design.
    TrueDrooid likes this.
    04-25-2013 03:32 PM
    Its because they are trying to say that its a box made out of 100% recycled materials and all soy based inks or something. I believe they are doing this for the Galaxy Tab 8.0 as well. Ill see if i can find the article.

EDIT: heres an article. I'm sure there are others but this is what i was trying to say
    http://www.samsungalaxys4.com/galaxy...led-materials/

It looks like they must have added the "wood grain" later because the picture in the article doesn't seem to have that design.
    They are doing it for the Galaxy tab 8.0. I seen an unboxing video of it today.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Android Central Forums
    04-25-2013 03:37 PM
    Would you mind putting the white battery cover on the black phone? this is what I'am planning to do and I would like to see how it looks. Made an account just to ask for this
    04-25-2013 04:12 PM
    How's the phone?
    cmilviper likes this.
    04-25-2013 04:15 PM
    S/He's too busy playing around with it.....lucky beyatch's!!
    04-25-2013 08:09 PM
    Enjoy your new phone, glad to see many are getting it and are as happy as they should be. The only downer is the amount of bloatware and the 9.8GB of RAM with that bloatware.
    04-25-2013 08:13 PM
    Enjoy your new phone, glad to see many are getting it and are as happy as they should be. The only downer is the amount of bloatware and the 9.8GB of RAM with that bloatware.
    Yeah, that is a bummer. But there is a solution! lol
    04-25-2013 08:17 PM
    Hey all - no I wish I had been playing with my phone that whole time but alas no - I was cooking dinner and feeding children but they are finally in bed now mwahahaha! So now I can finally play. I just installed the spigen GLAS.t without too much difficulty. Wish I had done the steamy shower method though because I've had the windows open all day and we apparently have particles flying everywhere - oh well! I have no idea what "bloatware" is so I guess ignorance is bliss? I am coming over from an iphone world so this is all new to me. I need to figure out how to get all of my itunes songs on this thing! Surely that must be an easy task.

I am more disappointed that the Otterbox Commuter isn't out yet - well at least the colors aren't. I refuse to buy the black one! Refuse! And they won't give any kind of estimated date --- I resigned to ordering a cheap case from Amazon which should arrive tomorrow. After what we shall refer to as "the iphone incident" - i really cannot stand having my phone caseless! Not to mention - I just really love the S4 colors from Otterbox! I had a defender for the iphone (until I *cough* took it off) - but I think I have decided to go with the commuter this time!
    04-25-2013 10:08 PM
    Hey all - no I wish I had been playing with my phone that whole time but alas no - I was cooking dinner and feeding children but they are finally in bed now mwahahaha! So now I can finally play. I just installed the spigen GLAS.t without too much difficulty. Wish I had done the steamy shower method though because I've had the windows open all day and we apparently have particles flying everywhere - oh well! I have no idea what "bloatware" is so I guess ignorance is bliss? I am coming over from an iphone world so this is all new to me. I need to figure out how to get all of my itunes songs on this thing! Surely that must be an easy task.

I am more disappointed that the Otterbox Commuter isn't out yet - well at least the colors aren't. I refuse to buy the black one! Refuse! And they won't give any kind of estimated date --- I resigned to ordering a cheap case from Amazon which should arrive tomorrow. After what we shall refer to as "the iphone incident" - i really cannot stand having my phone caseless! Not to mention - I just really love the S4 colors from Otterbox! I had a defender for the iphone (until I *cough* took it off) - but I think I have decided to go with the commuter this time!
    I'm waiting on Otterbox Commutor colors versions too ! Key Lime is gonna be
    04-27-2013 08:41 AM