[Galaxy S4] Camera Pictures: Let's see what you got!

whodunit

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Galaxy S4] Camera Pictures: Lets see what you got!

I took this panorama on my way home from work one morning. I used snapseed drama. I love the outdoor photos this camera takes.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370404199745.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370404199745.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 76

shdw493

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Just realized that I still had the plastic covering on the lens when I took this pic.

SlatanicWH

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site

My neighborhood, at 1 am

Greetings from Costa Rica

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370466113885.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370466113885.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 77

johnravenwood1972

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Oklahoma fields
2013-06-05163846_1.jpg

Tele_Phone

May 20, 2013
Visit site

Htc one kiosk at the mall :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370485076956.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370485076956.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 57

BlastTyrant

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

These 2 are taken with my S4, just moments apart. 1st pic is using Samsung's HDR mode. All other settings set to auto/default. The 2nd pic is using Pro HDR Camera app, 1.99 in Play Store with all settings auto/default. No editing or filtering of any kind. Both pics are good, but the Pro HDR pic came out far closer to lifelike, esp. the color of the sky. It was a bright sunny day with light wispy clouds that were translucent. The Samsung camera made it appear to be overcast...
My dog Kantor in the foreground.
rumyve9a.jpg

mary6yqa.jpg

Sent from my AT&T GS4 using Tapatalk 4 beta #root_life

Last edited:

BlastTyrant

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Tapatalk needs to make it easier to delete mistaken double posts LOL

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

These 2 are taken with my S4, just moments apart. 1st pic is using Samsung's HDR mode. All other settings set to auto/default. The 2nd pic is using Pro HDR Camera app, 1.99 in Play Store with all settings auto/default. No editing or filtering of any kind. Both pics are good, but the Pro HDR pic came out far closer to lifelike, esp. the color of the sky. It was a bright sunny day with light wispy clouds that were translucent. The Samsung camera made it appear to be overcast...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/06/rumyve9a.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/06/mary6yqa.jpg

Looks like only the sky is better, the rest doesn't look as good?

BlastTyrant

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Looks like only the sky is better, the rest doesn't look as good?

It can't be determined by just comparing 2 pictures, but the Pro HDR Camera gives a more lifelike picture. The Samsung camera made the colors look washed out. I chose these 2 pics just because of the dramatic difference in the sky's appearance. Every pic I've taken comparing the 2 camera apps results in the Samsung pics looking muted to some degree.

ztyankov

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Here is one of my first pictures from the GS4. 9.6M.

I think this looks pretty amazing :)

20130605_190127.jpg

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/06/rumyve9a.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/06/mary6yqa.jpg

I prefer the top picture. Is that using Samsung's HDR mode? Regarding the shop below it ... did you apply the Pro HDR effects to a different shot or to the 1st shot resulting in the 2nd shot? The second shot has a deeper blue in the sky but you lost much of the near shadow on the grass. Its all subjective. That's what darkrooms ... or Photoshop is for!! (Darkrooms, what's he talking about? haha showing my age)

BlastTyrant

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

I prefer the top picture. Is that using Samsung's HDR mode? Regarding the shop below it ... did you apply the Pro HDR effects to a different shot or to the 1st shot resulting in the 2nd shot? The second shot has a deeper blue in the sky but you lost much of the near shadow on the grass. Its all subjective. That's what darkrooms ... or Photoshop is for!! (Darkrooms, what's he talking about? haha showing my age)

Those are 2 different pictures taken with 2 different apps. No editing or effects added. As far as the top pic being preferred, I guess you had to be there LOL. I should have tried getting a pic of my screen while holding my phone up to the scene. When I first looked at the Samsung pic, while still looking out across the field, my first reaction was, "This looks horrible. Not like real life at all". Which is what prompted me to try a pic with the Pro HDR app.

Edit- the darker shadow you see in the first pic, isn't "lost" in the second pic. The Samsung camera made the shadow appear darker. Like I said, you had to be there. Even though you can look at the the 2 pics and say which one you like better, the Pro HDR pic captured the true to life pic.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

Those are 2 different pictures taken with 2 different apps. No editing or effects added. As far as the top pic being preferred, I guess you had to be there LOL. I should have tried getting a pic of my screen while holding my phone up to the scene. When I first looked at the Samsung pic, while still looking out across the field, my first reaction was, "This looks horrible. Not like real life at all". Which is what prompted me to try a pic with the Pro HDR app.

Edit- the darker shadow you see in the first pic, isn't "lost" in the second pic. The Samsung camera made the shadow appear darker. Like I said, you had to be there. Even though you can look at the the 2 pics and say which one you like better, the Pro HDR pic captured the true to life pic.

So, the grass was less sharp in real life?