[GALAXY S4] BUG THREAD!! Found a bug?

Paul Leather

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
When I use a custom EQ setting on Google play music it switches off sometimes (like every 10 minutes) and blast out loud tinny music that kills my ears for a few seconds and reverts back to my EQ settings very annoying, especially when the app has had many updates

as034

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I received a replacement phone, put my battery and my sim card in it and turned it on. After I did the initial setup I noticed my google contacts weren't syncing. Then it kept saying "loading context" ..after that a program that shows me how to use the features kept popping up every 5 minutes, even after I clicked cancel. Settings were changing by themselves. The phone kept turning off. I downloaded AVG and it said that the vzw demo program is a trojan. I tried deleting it but it wouldn't work. Well, it said it was deleted it but the program would pop up 5 minutes later. Any suggestions? I did try a factory reset but with the same results. :-(

BoyleP

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I found this last night. Run Google Now, hit the microphone and say a word like "Beautiful" or "Handsome". Once the definition comes up, click on the speaker icon and you will hear the word. Ok fine. Now exit from Google Now and run the Camera app. Take a picture. You will hear the word repeated. It happens with other apps too. When I get an email notification, I hear my chosen sound for the email and then I hear my word (Beautiful or Handsome or whatever). So it seems that the last word looked up in Google Now will be repeated as a "confirmation" sound. I searched forums and bug lists and could not find this bug listed.

Rose Clear

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
My bugbear is that it chews through the battery, have got it on Power saving mode. One of the things I was told is too dim the display but it is too hard to see at times!

Joshua Bermudez

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy S4 is not uploading (sending) picture mail. I called ATT and they changed the IMEI on their computer system. Once they did this, she had me restart my phone and sent me a picture text while I was on the phone with her. The picture came through then she had me send it to myself, also as I was on the phone with her and the picture came through. As soon as I hung up with her I attempted to send another picture mail and it would not go through. I then decided to call my voice mail and the picture that I was trying to send without having an active phone call went through as soon my call to m email was connected. It seems like my picture mail is only going through while Im on an active phone call. DOes anyone know why this would happen. It was working fie earlier today, the problem started about 2 hours ago.

vikbee

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issues around the S View screen! I don't have a phone cover

i realized it was due to me keeping my phone on the ipad cover (which had a tiny magnet inside). once i figured i could replicate the scenario again and again. So my case was really the cover of the ipad and magnet. it fixed

unfortunately - i lost my s4 in london last week and now in the process of setting up the new S4. Lost the phone, SVIEW cover and 32GB class 10 mem card....sucks!!!!

Kn1ght1977

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I think I got a serious one. My phone is am S4 4G I9505. Once I hook on to my car's bluetooth phone is paired fine, but once I switch off my car and get off, my phone won't receive any calls nor connect to the net. I can't access my mobile data and t reads "Please insert Sim card". The phone sort of gets stuck in the bluetooth pairing and only way pout is to restart the device.

Didn't mind the first couple of times, but is now becoming a regular and annoying feature.

Argeus

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a weird issue with my screen.
Usually watching a video sent by someone or a trailer from the IMDB app, suddenly the contrast of the screen goes mad. Most of the things are looking okay on the screen, however especially black text on a bright colour is looking not as dark as it is normally. Its like you go from bold dark text to 'normal' black text (with dark being te standard).

Viewing video or images does look the same, but the letters remain strange. After a reboot they go normal again. Anybody familiar with this?

vikbee

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I updated my S4 GT i9500 to Andorid 4.3 and here is my feedback. Pls look at CONS and advise if you had the same issues?

1. the screen is clearly more crisp and fonts real sharp
2. The email app (samsung default)...gets a new life to it. (integration with calendar, more features)
3. Knox is available - i was tempted to install and did install (here is a quick tip..many of you may install out of curiosity but then (it'll bug to see KNOX taking up space on the notification center - its particularly annoying when you dont have use for it)...and guess what you cant remove it from the notification center. The only way to remove it and i figured it by accident is - go to the KNOX home> settings > about Knox > uninstall
4. my favourite - camera - its blazing fast (click on the camera icon and the camera is ready to fire)...unlike 4.2.2 where it'd take a few seconds to shoot. AWESOME!!!
6. emoji is built into the keyboard
7. reading mode is new - but i am yet to see which apps it comes in handy.
8. Blue tooth connects better to car phone (no drops yet since the past few days)
9. couple of new widgets (nice ones)

Cons
1. with the new keyboard - there is no history of what you typed..you have to restart the dictionary (so to say)
2. the swipe keyboard doesn't have a good appetite to memorize
3. knox uninstalling is not as straight forward till you figure out (i've mentioned above so it should be pretty easy if you have seen it)
4. I couldn't find samsung wallet (not in samsung app store, nor in play store)
5. Camera app hung and the shoot button just wont do anythng...till i rebooted the phone
6. The most annoying thing is that the dialer and contact app has become miserably slow. (is anyone facing these)
7. Whatsapp wont show pictures of contact and upon refresh it shows up.

some weird things happening. I am pretty sure samsung will release an OTA update soon

cheers

cheers, ya'll will update if i find some more. but if you have tips to fix contact/dialer issue pls share

vikbee

May 3, 2013
Visit site
most of my lag got fixed by unlinking Dropbox with gallery app. Its super smooth and buttery...so incase you S4 is laggy you may want to try to unlink dropbox content in gallery app.

Cheers

I updated my S4 GT i9500 to Andorid 4.3 and here is my feedback. Pls look at CONS and advise if you had the same issues?

1. the screen is clearly more crisp and fonts real sharp
2. The email app (samsung default)...gets a new life to it. (integration with calendar, more features)
3. Knox is available - i was tempted to install and did install (here is a quick tip..many of you may install out of curiosity but then (it'll bug to see KNOX taking up space on the notification center - its particularly annoying when you dont have use for it)...and guess what you cant remove it from the notification center. The only way to remove it and i figured it by accident is - go to the KNOX home> settings > about Knox > uninstall
4. my favourite - camera - its blazing fast (click on the camera icon and the camera is ready to fire)...unlike 4.2.2 where it'd take a few seconds to shoot. AWESOME!!!
6. emoji is built into the keyboard
7. reading mode is new - but i am yet to see which apps it comes in handy.
8. Blue tooth connects better to car phone (no drops yet since the past few days)
9. couple of new widgets (nice ones)

Cons
1. with the new keyboard - there is no history of what you typed..you have to restart the dictionary (so to say)
2. the swipe keyboard doesn't have a good appetite to memorize
3. knox uninstalling is not as straight forward till you figure out (i've mentioned above so it should be pretty easy if you have seen it)
4. I couldn't find samsung wallet (not in samsung app store, nor in play store)
5. Camera app hung and the shoot button just wont do anythng...till i rebooted the phone
6. The most annoying thing is that the dialer and contact app has become miserably slow. (is anyone facing these)
7. Whatsapp wont show pictures of contact and upon refresh it shows up.

some weird things happening. I am pretty sure samsung will release an OTA update soon

cheers

cheers, ya'll will update if i find some more. but if you have tips to fix contact/dialer issue pls share

vk1985

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

I purchased my phone in may this year and recently since like a month galaxy s4 ,I am seeing that when i lock the phone the phone randomly blinks on without any notifications received. Sometimes when i am typing something or browsing or playing a game ...the screen seems to flicker. I have updated all my apps and turned off all notifications as well but it does not solve the issue.

Any help understanding and solving the problem would be greatly appreciated!

carrier : vodafone,india
model number: GT-I9500
Android : 4.3

Dalefarquhar

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how to open up my own post in here but I have a bug if anyone can help me out. The gallery on my phone has no delete icon anymore all I have got is download, share and select buttons? When I bring up the menu with photos selected I get slideshow and info only. Please help. I used to have a delete button.

Posted via Android Central App

Dalefarquhar

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Been trying to figure this out for a week I have no idea what happened but right after posting here it seems to have worked itself out?

Posted via Android Central App

smokeymokey

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Had an interesting bug happen to me. After updating, the stock "Phone" (dialer) app decided it would freeze for around 3 seconds, then go to a black screen for 5-10 with the notification bar visible. It then would come back to the home screen with the message "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped working". Funny thing is, the emergency dialer works, the dialpad works while in a call, and I can access the "Contacts" app, but not the dialpad that way. Made my Halloween morning interesting as I tried to call 911 and couldn't because my phone kept going into a loop. Thank goodness I had my work phone. Attempting a factory reset now.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Dunno if it's a bug or a TW thing but the screen doesn't light up at the same time as the phone begin to ring when someone calls me,there are about 2-3 seconds of gap!
I tried several kernel but no difference,I am using TW with 4.3

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, now when I'm on the phone with the earpiece to my ear, the volume will go FULL BLAST by itself, on it's own! Very annoying, actually painful since it's pretty loud. I either have to quickly take the phone away or lower the volume **** damn, what a crappy and inexcusable update from Samsung. Who else has this happened to?

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
After updating to original 4.3. (through Kies, not Custom) I've started receiving some odd notifications about an app trying to acess system, which I discovered was caused by Knows.
The problem is that today my WIFI just died. The toogle button does not work, neither the wifi settings. It's not a connection problem (spots found, but without connection) - the wifi adapter really does not turn on and does not search for any spots.

I've looked for it in the web and found some really recents reports about the exact same thing and really dont know what to do ... I've already rebooted, updated, restored, removed battery and cards, and nothing worked. =((