07-10-2015 06:33 AM
472 ... 171819
tools
    I've been having an odd issue. I can't find it on Google searches, so maybe I'm the only one. Randomly when I exit an app, another running app literally runs as the background of my phone. I can interact with the app, but my home screen icons are sitting on top of it. It is almost kinda cool as a feature, but annoying. Shutting the screen off and on fixes the problem, as does opening or force closing the running app.
    07-01-2014 05:39 PM
    Can someone help me? I did not even "Shortcut" in the "ScreenLock". Android version: 4.4.2 (GT-I9505 Samsung Galaxy S4). ! I do not know if it is bug or not, but who can help me please. Thanks!
    [GALAXY S4] BUG THREAD!! Found a bug?-screenshot_2014-09-08-11-34-59.jpg
    09-08-2014 06:13 AM
    hi guys, im experiencing this problem with my S4(19505) it automatically turns on my data connection even when im on a wifi zone. can someone help me with this.
    TIA!
    09-27-2014 12:38 AM
    My screen flashes when im in an area with bad reception. If I have an Edge connection, if would flash while I type something and will hide my keyboard while typing. Very frustrating when im in a chat app. Just happened now... sigh. It shows the same timer screen as you would get when you have a flip cover, and I dont have one! Fixes or suggestion? Please help!
    10-03-2014 04:55 PM
    Not sure if this has been addressed because I'm not gonna read through 19 pages of replies, but I know many people have the problem from kit kat that the camera no longer saves to sd card only device. If you have this particular problem there is an easy fix.

1. Unmount sd card and remove it
    2. Access the sd card from a computer
    3. Change folder named DCIM to something else like DCIM_old
    4. Put sd card back in phone and mount it
    5. Open up your camera and change the save location to sd card
    6. Take a picture.

This creates a new DCIM folder that the camera can now access
    10-03-2014 06:37 PM
    Some time in the middle of August (2014) the GPS on my GS4 became intermittently inaccessible. Most of the time apps like Maps, Yelp, GPS Test, etc. just couldn't turn GPS on. Occasionally it would turn on, and even get a fix, but the icon in the notification bar kept flashing.

By trial and error I found that a Force stop on Google play services would get the GPS acting normally again for a while. I did an Uninstall updates on Google play services, and now the GPS works normally all the time.

Apps occasionally whine about needing Google play services, but I haven't noticed anything not working.

Running Android 4.4.2 on a Verizon Galaxy S4, currently on T-Mobile but it fails on Verizon too. I did a factory reset and reload and it still fails. Fiddling with Location Mode doesn't change anything. Google Location Reporting is off.

Any ideas for a more graceful workaround?

Anyone else seeing this?

Any place I can go for official support?
    11-10-2014 09:36 AM
    I find a big bug that i can over Unlock the screen touch,is there anyone know how to deal with this problem.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Hülle
    11-11-2014 02:10 AM
    After the last update, my music player goes crazy! When am listnening music and i press pause, after when i go music folder song is starting from beginning!??? Help please!
    11-26-2014 03:01 PM
    Since the 4.4.4 update on my ATT S4:
    Music info from the current track will not change when played over bluetooth to something that can display track info,(i.e. car radio) the info from the first track that I started stays static as the tracks change.
    (I could not find this in the search, but I'll admit I might have missed it if some one else said this already.)
    Hilary 1963 likes this.
    12-18-2014 03:44 PM
    The below are all the bugs I have found after upgrade to Lollipop
    Model : Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 ( Old edition) , India

1. Battery Drain, Device Overheats -> only when phone display is on

2. Contacts app crashes frequently -> no reason

3. Touchwiz UI crashes too very frequently when ever touchwiz will crash my home screen wallpaper is gone,

4. Issues with logging into device when setup a password,

5. Keyboard disappear when we are in middle of typing a text -> happens when we use messaging app, whatsapp and hangouts

6. Ringtone volume will decrease autoamtically even though the mobile is locked -> happening often when disable the mobile data/bluetooth/wifi then we reproduce the same ( set ur ringtone volume to full then enable mobile data/wifi/bluetooth/ launch games like candy crush then wait for few mins then go back and check ur ringtone volume it should have been automatically decrease the volume level to low.
    abnormal lag
    Hilary 1963 likes this.
    02-25-2015 12:26 AM
    After Lollipop update on my S4...the issues i am facing are:-

Battery drainage in no time....
    Apps getting crash frequently
    Delay in opening apps etc...

The main thing effecting me is battery drainage problem...please let us know if anyone has a solution for the same or any fix coming soon....
    03-05-2015 12:43 AM
    No matter what I'm doing, every few minutes my gs4 locks up and then says "unfortunately contacts has stopped". I have cleaned cache and everything else I can think of. Is there a fix for this?
    03-08-2015 10:12 PM
    Hi All,

I purchased Galaxy S4 black edition 20 days ago, I updated the same to lollipop. I had faced the issue described below is in kitkat version also.

The issue is identified only when using 2G internet connection. The issue is that, the screen falshes/blinks just for a second while using any application. If the phone is in idle state, the display turns on during this. If the keyboard is on while happening this, it just closes the keyboard. It seems like the UI is just refreshing.

Anyone out here faced an issue like this? Please suggest a solution for this!
    03-16-2015 09:39 AM
    I found a bug in S Voice when setting alarms. To recreate, do the following. Use S voice to set an alarm. It will work properly. Let that alarm go off. Then try to set another alarm after that. S Voice will ask, "Do you want me to save this alarm." When you say, "yes" it will often (about 60% of the time) say, "I don't know what you mean by 'yes.'" or it will try to do a google search for 'yes'
    05-02-2015 01:19 PM
    I have the Samsung Galaxy S4. The latest Android 5.0.1 update is heavily flawed with bugs.

First, I cannot rearrange or customize any of the pages. All Icons are locked and any attempt to change them results in a error message:

"Unfortunately, TouchWiz home has stopped"

The phone had to be reset because it stopped connecting calles. In other words, I dial a number, then it would ring and upon the person answering, nothing but silence would result. No matter who made the call, no one could hear the other.

There are other bugs, but these are the ones that were most annoying.
    05-21-2015 09:43 PM
    For those of you who have the 'Unfortunately, Touchwiz home has stopped' error when moving apps or widgets, try this simple fix:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Open the 'My device' tab
    3. Go to Motions and gestures
    4. Disable all of them.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-24-2015 07:22 PM
    Just got this hand me down phone because my Nokia was crapping out. Factory reset it, it updated to Lollipop, and now trying to get used to it.

Only way I can download apps from google play is to start the DL and then power down and then power on. Otherwise it just sits there with the DL bar running. When I turning back on, it will DL the app and all is good. So far I have to do this for every single app. Frustrating....
    05-29-2015 04:45 PM
    I hate it when I find a bug while calling or videoing... My voice transfers from my main speaker to the little one used to hear while calling when I listen to music
    06-05-2015 08:24 PM
    I got the update (Software Version L720VPUG0D2, Android Version 5.0.1) last Friday on my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SPH-L720) with Sprint, Eastern WA area

A few issues I have had so far, may be bugs or just changes that are annoying, lol.

1. The option to set the phone to Vibrate, if you long-press the power button, isn't there anymore, if you long-press the power button you get Power Off, Airplane Mode or Restart but not the Mute, Vibrate and Sound choices you used to get. Now you have to unlock the screen, open the settings and scroll through the Sound, Mute and Vibrate options to get what you want. This went from a simple 2 button press to a much more involved process.

2. The option to preview text messages, "Preview message", on the lock screen no longer works. Yes, you can turn on the new notifications via "Notifications on lock screen" but I don't want to see all of my notifications on the lock screen and going through the settings for each app is a pita. Also, with the "Notifications on lock screen" turned on the "Owner Information" personal message is no longer visible on the lock screen. I have changed the settings, saved, changed the settings back to what I want, saved, wiped the cache partition and rebooted several times in between all to no avail.

3. The cell carrier name in the upper left hand corner of the lock screen instead of the notification icons is a pita also. I don't need to be reminded who my carrier is, I'd much rather know what notifications I have.

4. It took me some time to figure out how to get my widgets back that were removed with the update. The widget options are no longer available from the "Apps" menu. You have to long press a blank spot on one of your home screens to get the "Widgets" option.

Other than the above everything has been good so far. The update took some time but went smoothly. I do like the quick camera access from the lock screen, I have been waiting a while for this option.
    06-16-2015 05:13 PM
    A few issues I have had so far, may be bugs or just changes that are annoying, lol.

3. The cell carrier name in the upper left hand corner of the lock screen instead of the notification icons is a pita also. I don't need to be reminded who my carrier is, I'd much rather know what notifications I have.

4. It took me some time to figure out how to get my widgets back that were removed with the update. The widget options are no longer available from the "Apps" menu. You have to long press a blank spot on one of your home screens to get the "Widgets" option.
    If those aren't bugs, they ought to be!

I see the home screen menu key brings up Wallpapers, Widgets and Home screen settings. So there's another way to get Widgets.

But no more Settings available from this button. Why remove that from the home screen menu key? I access device Settings a lot more often than any of those three. Why waste the space on Home screen settings which has exactly one cosmetic setting that no one will ever use more than once!
    Drewww likes this.
    06-16-2015 05:26 PM
    Hello guys,

First time here, I am an owner of a Galaxy S4 I9505 running official Lollipop 5.0.1 and I have noticed something really weird, from time to time the numbers and letters on my lock screen will turn into vertical rectangles, as shown in the screenshot. [GALAXY S4] BUG THREAD!! Found a bug?-screenshot.jpg

When I give the password all is well and I can access my phone, it seems to me more like a graphical glitch or something and this bug (?) goes away if I restart my phone. It does not happen very often but as I said above it happens from time to time.

Has anyone encountered something like that on his/her I9505?

Every answer is really appreciated

Thank you
    06-18-2015 07:26 AM
    Camera (front) blurs out of focus
    07-10-2015 06:33 AM
472 ... 171819