Anyone else having trouble getting AirView to work?

bitwiser

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have tried every setting and everything I can think of. AirView does not work. I hover my finger over ever album in gallery, picture, all the apps that it is suppose to work and I get nothing. Any suggestions?

I do notice that on the lock screen if I hover my finger I see the bright pinpoint light, so it seems the sensor seems my finger without touching the screen.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Not having any issues with mine. You sure all the settings are on. Mine weren't for gallery initially

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

paggy01

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
If I select airvew in drop own menu it works using Samsungs movie player and flipboard. However it dosent work on mail (not google, the stock mail) or gallery. Are there other settings I'm not aware of? Or is it just a buggie early release. I'm a UK user FYI

paggy01

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Think I might have found it. Go: settings,my device, select air view but press the air view tab. You will now be able to select all the airvew features. Hope this helps ;-)

Kirsten Rossouw

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I'm also having problems with it.. My brother's S4 works perfectly, but mine somehow doesn't work.. It works in the lockscreen sometimes.. but never in the messages app.. I understand that it only works in Samsung apps (messages being one of them).. Hope its just a software bug and not hardware..

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. You have to enable all settings in the dropdown menu.

Sent Via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Just about the only feature I really wanted to work is where I wave my hand over the phone to check for email & messages or check what time it is. I haven't been able to get it to wake the phone. If the phone is awake I can see a light area follow my hand but that is it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Erik Knudsen

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I figured out the issue on my phone - finally. I don't have the "air gestures" toggle switch, so I can't turn it on. I found two other Verizon customers with the same issue. Airview does work, we just don't have the air gestures. More investigating to do on this...

Kaleem Khedmatgar

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Just about the only feature I really wanted to work is where I wave my hand over the phone to check for email & messages or check what time it is. I haven't been able to get it to wake the phone. If the phone is awake I can see a light area follow my hand but that is it.

Steven Friar

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Hey I know this is years later but I know how to make the hover work for emails and photos. First enable the settings:
Hover: Quick zoom on photos-
Settings, My device, Motions and gestures, Motion (You have to click on the word motion, not the toggle switch) Zoom (on) - Quick zoom on photoes (NOTE, This ONLY works with the Gallery app, NOT Photos or another app)

For text message/calendar/email Hover:
Settings, My device, Air view, Information preview (on)
Next enable all the other settings you would like. Remember you dont just toggle the switch to on. Click on the actual button itself and there will be more settings to enable. This works for Calendar, Email (not gmail), Messaging, and Gallery. It MUST be these specific programs (there may be more but I know it works for these. If you have any more questions hit me back. Again sorry its so late. I am in the IT field and have never seen one where the hover doesnt work. It has always been the settings werent enabled properly or they werent using the right apps that support hover.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance