Just used the galaxy s4 this is the phone to beat.....

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Just went to the phone store and played with the galaxy s4 first thing I noticed was how good it felt in my hand compared to the s3 and how premium it felt I was surprised the plastic feels great in hand....the screen pops,I held it next to the HTC one which was little bit sharper and brighter but the s4 size is better for me....the camera and its features is of the charts....my friend works for sprint he will have 10 of each color tomorrow... He is holding 1 for me I can't wait I left the store excited the phone in black looks way better than it files in white....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
can you post more pics? I feel like selling my iphone 5.

OK I will,but I would sell it or at least go to the store hopefully its slow so u can take ur time using it,I was in there for bout half hour using it lol

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I was at sprint yesterday and they didn't have any review units yet. My biggest issue with the iphone is the size.

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
My friend is selling them tomorrow 10 of each color only just walk in tomorrow and try to buy its like a employee secret

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I was dead set on getting the One when it came out. Still a great feeling phone. Right now on a Gnex on Tmo. All works well but I miss having an ext sd card.

Went to the ATT store and played with the S4. Was shocked as to how light this phone is. This definitely will sell boatloads. Was never a big fan of touch wiz but this iteration was more tolerable. Knowing I can put my 64gb sd card in there is a definite plus.

So here I am wondering WTF am I going to do. Granted its a good place to be.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
S4 or nothing, it actually feels premium and better in the hand than the HTC one...I Dont even want a case

ITS ME DAVID

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Take the plunge - you'll be glad you did.

Why? Interested because I have a iPhone 5 and thinking of jumping ship but not sure because the camera on the 5 is better since the reviews say so and the screen is also but I like the bigger size but hate that it's a plastic phone seems cheap.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The camera and screen on the S4 are better than the iPhone 5. The iPhone 5's camera is a little better and in low light and that's it. The screen? Not even close. Size, PPI, resolution, versatility, and saturation all go to the S4. The IPS is marginally better in direct sunlight and the whites are brighter on the 5.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Why? Interested because I have a iPhone 5 and thinking of jumping ship but not sure because the camera on the 5 is better since the reviews say so and the screen is also but I like the bigger size but hate that it's a plastic phone seems cheap.

You probably have a case on your iPhone and will put one on the S4 so that completely negates the cheap argument. As for pics, the cameras are very comparable. With more MP and more native editing tools and modes the S4 is far more versatile. And if you're like most people and take the pics and mostly view and show them off on the phone itself then the S4 blows away the iPhone due to its size and saturation. Cnet has a great analysis of the screens and the s4 holds its own against the iPhone.

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
People keep saying cheap plastic they haven't held the phone trust me it feels premium and the curves make it easy to hold...far as the camera it blows iPhone away...I've used the device

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

You need to to some more reading. Yes, some say it's a plastic phone but yet when they actually hold a working model.....their foot is on their mouth. Don't get me wrong - there will always be Apple die hards and nothing wrong with that. I'm saying to give it a try - I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised. In my opinion, the S4 blows away the Iphone 5.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
People keep saying cheap plastic they haven't held the phone trust me it feels premium and the curves make it easy to hold...far as the camera it blows iPhone away...I've used the device

I agree. It doesnt feel cheap to me at all. Really no gripes about this phone just wish it was 32gb lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Displaymate calls them even.
Galaxy S4 Display Technology Shoot-Out
I may be replacing my Note 2 with an S4 whenever Verizon decides to get them in but would prefer an HTC One. I just can't stomach the though of going back to AT&T and the other carriers are even further from Verizon coverage.
I haven't seen an S4 yet in person but at least everyone says the buttons are noticeably better.

The camera and screen on the S4 are better than the iPhone 5. The iPhone 5's camera is a little better and in low light and that's it. The screen? Not even close. Size, PPI, resolution, versatility, and saturation all go to the S4. The IPS is marginally better in direct sunlight and the whites are brighter on the 5.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It does feel alot better but the screen is still blown out and the S 4 lags. Samsung needs to dial back the Touchwiz.

Just went to the phone store and played with the galaxy s4 first thing I noticed was how good it felt in my hand compared to the s3 and how premium it felt I was surprised the plastic feels great in hand....the screen pops,I held it next to the HTC one which was little bit sharper and brighter but the s4 size is better for me....the camera and its features is of the charts....my friend works for sprint he will have 10 of each color tomorrow... He is holding 1 for me I can't wait I left the store excited the phone in black looks way better than it files in white....

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
......but hate that it's a plastic phone seems cheap.

Plastic has really gotten a bad rap and thats a shame. For starters, the aluminum bezel looks like real brushed metal, the plastic doesn't feel like plastic-y AT ALL, due to the thinness & squared off edges the phone is soooo 100% easier to hold and feels much better in the hand than all previous Samsungs. Trust me, if you want to "get over the cheap plastic opinion of the SGS4, go hold one, and if possible, one that isn't attached to that bulky holder. World of difference from "perception to reality", i promise u that,,,

Then, slap one of those new S View Flip Covers on it and you will be the envy of the neighborhood, plastic be danged! :-*

BTC

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I have one, it feels cheap and flimsy but no different than the S3 we all loved...I personally think the HTC "feels" nicer and better built. I still like my S4 but I'm gonna be delusional and be a fanboi about it, the thing feels cheap as hell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KrystalMcclain