I set the schedule, but it doesn't initiate blocking mode unless the toggle is set to on, which means its currently blocking. If I set the toggle to off, then blocking doesnt activate for my set time. "Do not disturb" for iOS worked great and this, it appears, should work the same. What am I missing here?

In my screenshot, blocking mode shouldn't currently be on. If I toggle the mode off, it turns off, but never activates at mt set time.
    Attached Thumbnails Blocking mode help-image.jpg  
    04-26-2013 08:07 PM
    If you have Blocking Mode On (Enabled) but it's not set to Always with a check mark then it will only block during the specified time. However, unlike iOS the blocking mode symbol will constantly appear in the notification bar unlike iOS which only displays the moon symbol when it is truly active and blocking. At least that is how it is on my Galaxy S3 so I'm sure it's the same on the S4.
    04-26-2013 08:53 PM
    If you have Blocking Mode On (Enabled) but it's not set to Always with a check mark then it will only block during the specified time. However, unlike iOS the blocking mode symbol will constantly appear in the notification bar unlike iOS which only displays the moon symbol when it is truly active and blocking. At least that is how it is on my Galaxy S3 so I'm sure it's the same on the S4.
    Hmm. Is it just me or is that a bit counter intuitive? It even takes off the AT&T script. I think I'll try "I'm sleeping."

Yep. "I'm sleeping" is free and works just like iOS's Do Not Disturb. Cool.
    04-26-2013 09:12 PM
    Doesn't seem counter-intuitive to me. "On" sets the capability on. The settings in the app determine what it's actually doing. That's pretty much the way everything in Android works. For example, turning Developer Options "On" turns on the ability to change individual options on that page.
    04-26-2013 09:28 PM
    Doesn't seem counter-intuitive to me. "On" sets the capability on. The settings in the app determine what it's actually doing. That's pretty much the way everything in Android works. For example, turning Developer Options "On" turns on the ability to change individual options on that page.
    I can see that, but when I see the icon I think of it telling me calls are NOW being blocked. I mean, what if there was a mute symbol in the task bar telling you the phone WILL be muted later, but now the phone was NOT muted? That wouldn't make sense. So, I'm not sure why it does in this sense.
    04-26-2013 10:41 PM
    I can see that point, but the icon in the status bar is, as I understand it, necessary to prevent the OS from closing the app to free up memory. It wouldn't be good to set up blocking to start later, and then have the OS terminate the process before it starts. What would make sense, but may not be possible in Android, would be to use two different notification icons, one that says the blocking app is running, and a second that says it's now actually active.
    04-26-2013 10:52 PM
    Very *** backwards way to do it for sure, will test this out for sure, also just came from an iPhone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    05-06-2013 05:27 AM
    The most annoying aspect of this is that when you long press the notification it gives you the option to see "App info". In there, you can clearly see there is a check box for notifications. But you cant uncheck it. So my feeling is, if we want to use blocking mode, we have to deal with a symbol telling us that we have blocking mode scheduled regardless if we want it or not. FACE PALM.

"I'm Sleeping" does the same exact thing without the notification.
    05-06-2013 06:36 AM