Which version is better? (Some say Exynos, others say the Snapdragon version). I'm currently in Canada, but I will be moving Europe soon permanently so I will be using the phone overseas. I can't decide whether I should get the S4 in Canada and take it with me there or just buy it in Europe. Any advice? I would really appreciate it
    04-26-2013 09:06 PM
    Since you are moving permanently I'd go with whatever is standard in your future country. The differences are so slight that a regular user is not going to notice anyway.
    04-26-2013 09:18 PM
    I'd suggest saving money and buying the Snapdragon. There's no real world difference between the two except battery, and you could just throw in a higher mAh battery for less than it would cost you to buy the Octa core version. That is if the stock battery would even be a problem for you.
    04-26-2013 09:20 PM
    Just make sure what you buy will actually work fully in the EU so you are not out any money or hardware.
    04-26-2013 09:31 PM
    Just make sure what you buy will actually work fully in the EU so you are not out any money or hardware.
    I'm sorry but can you please elaborate as to what you mean by "Fully work"?
    04-26-2013 09:35 PM
    The Exynos version is faster than the Snapdragon, but it may not be as noticeable because both versions are really fast
    The only noticeable different would probably be battery, as the Exynos version will last up to 2 hrs longer than the Snapdragon (According to a review)
    The only downside is the Exynos version cost more, but to me, there are more ups than downs...no carrier bloatware and faster updates!
    04-26-2013 09:50 PM
    The Exynos version is faster than the Snapdragon, but it may not be as noticeable because both versions are really fast
    The only noticeable different would probably be battery, as the Exynos version will last up to 2 hrs longer than the Snapdragon (According to a review)
    The only downside is the Exynos version cost more, but to me, there are more ups than downs...no carrier bloatware and faster updates!
    There's only a ~10% performance difference between the two. Other than all your contacts and apps being gone, you wouldn't even able to tell the two apart if someone stole your Octa and swapped it with a Snapdragon. The Octa is more of a battery saver, there is no performance difference other than in synthetic benchmarks.

I would add if you like to mod your phones OP, the Snapdragon version will get the most support.
    04-26-2013 09:59 PM
    There's only a ~10% performance difference between the two, you wouldn't even able to tell the two apart if someone stole your Octa and swapped it with a Snapdragon. The Octa is more of a battery saver, there is no performance difference at all other than in synthetic benchmarks.

I would add if you like to mod your phones OP, the Snapdragon version will get the most support.
    You mentioned that the Snapdragon version will get the most support, can you please state why and how? Sorry I'm just curious :/
    04-26-2013 10:07 PM
    You mentioned that the Snapdragon version will get the most support, can you please state why and how? Sorry I'm just curious :/
    Well I'm gonna assume its the one that most people will have. The Exynos version is only released in certain countries
    And he means most developer support in terms of rooting and flashing roms
    04-26-2013 10:12 PM
    Well I'm gonna assume its the one that most people will have. The Exynos version is only released in certain countries
    And he means most developer support in terms of rooting and flashing roms
    Ahh I see, thanks for clarifying!
    04-26-2013 10:16 PM
    Pretty much. That, and the Snapdragon is familiar territory with all developers since almost all Android phones use some sort of Snapdragon iteration as the CPU. The Octa is exclusive to Samsung and its products so it doesn't have anywhere near the support.
    04-26-2013 10:20 PM
    Pretty much. That, and the Snapdragon is familiar territory with all developers since almost all Android phones use some sort of Snapdragon iteration as the CPU. The Octa is exclusive to Samsung and its products so it doesn't have anywhere near the support.
    Got it, thanks!
    04-26-2013 10:30 PM
    do not buy exynos at it has overheating problems. the upper part of screen heats too much when playing game and using navigation
    05-01-2013 12:14 AM
    Sorry if this sounds a bit silly guys but....how can you tell which one you've got?
    05-01-2013 02:30 AM
    could you possible get the i9505 unlocked/without carrier bloatware or is that only possible with the i9500??
    05-01-2013 06:12 AM
    the exynos version does NOT have LTE. which is supported in most countries in europe, usa, japan, korea, taiwan etc.
    its targeted for certain markets only that dont really carry LTE like india and indonesia. i own an exynos version and a friend has the snapdragon version which he bought from overseas.
    get the snapdragon!! it supports LTE and it runs much cooler than the exynos which i find really heats up esp when using games and navigation.
    batt life is more or less the same.
    Bodrul likes this.
    04-25-2014 09:51 AM