Yes, $150 down payment and $20 per month for 2 years on their no contract plan. $630 total!
    Was looking forward to getting it, maybe it'll go on sale like the One at $99 down.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    04-26-2013 09:20 PM
    Cheaper than Verizon. $649 full retail.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    paul-c and androidluvr2 like this.
    04-26-2013 09:28 PM
    Wow that us a lot for 16gb. I don't remember the S3 being that expensive.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    04-26-2013 09:30 PM
    That's really not a ridiculously priced phone. Sony wants $775 for the Xperia ZL. That's ridiculous.

Sent from my Sony Xperia P
    04-26-2013 09:31 PM
    Its their way of gouging the customers given the overwhelming demand for the device.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    $50 would make that much of a difference?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    That's really not a ridiculously priced phone. Sony wants $775 for the Xperia ZL. That's ridiculous.

It won't be that price when it hits the states. People always saying apple products are overpriced. This is the same price as an iPhone 5 but it's not overpriced? Maybe you aren't one of those that say those things but others do. And in my opinion since I buy phones very often 630 and 650 is pricier compared to typical releases especially for 16gb model. I guess it depends on the user of something is overpriced really because some will overlook it because of their allegiance rather than comparatively speaking.

And of course that's just my opinion based on my experience but I wouldn't pay that full retail for a 16gb device. But I understand why others would. We all have different needs and priorities. I'll be checking this out on the aftermarket after a couple weeks.

04-26-2013 09:37 PM
    Its their way of gouging the customers given the overwhelming demand for the device.
    That's true. They can add a couple bucks to the price because they can. But like most android devices the price will drop in the following weeks and depreciated quickly in only a few months because they next big thing will be here lol.

04-26-2013 09:41 PM
    So I guess ill be waiting a few months.
    Luckily my s2 just got updated with jelly bean on T-Mobile
    So that will last me into Nov when my contact is up.
    Then I'll probably get the s4, as long as its gone down in price.

Although I just did a gazelle estimate on my s2 and its with $130!
    Hmmmm, dilemma.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    04-26-2013 10:02 PM
    It won't be that price when it hits the states. People always saying apple products are overpriced. This is the same price as an iPhone 5 but it's not overpriced?

I wasn't factoring in storage, so I see what you're saying. That ZL price is the price for the states, though, direct from the Sony site. HTC only wants $575 for the One on their site. So I guess Sony and Apple are both overpriced compared to others.

04-26-2013 10:47 PM
    I wasn't factoring in storage, so I see what you're saying. That ZL price is the price for the states, though, direct from the Sony site. HTC only wants $575 for the One on their site. So I guess Sony and Apple are both overpriced compared to others.

That isn't the price through the carriers though. The Z or ZL likely won't be more than $649

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    04-26-2013 11:38 PM
    The Galaxy S III was definitely the same price when it was released.

T-Mobile dropped the price to $579.99 about six weeks later after availability increased.
    04-27-2013 01:59 AM
    That isn't the price through the carriers though. The Z or ZL likely won't be more than $649

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    If they make it to the carriers, true.

04-27-2013 07:38 AM
    It was.

Wow that us a lot for 16gb. I don't remember the S3 being that expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

That's below retail. So not gouging.

04-27-2013 02:23 PM
    Tmobile is essentially giving you 0% financing and letting you buy the phone at a fair price while only putting $150 down. How is that gouging?
    04-27-2013 02:51 PM
    The Galaxy S3 was definitely the same price when it was released.

T-Mobile dropped the price to $579.99 about six weeks later after availability increased.
    Not sure about t mobile but the S3 was 549.99 on ATT because I bought one for no commitment. The Note 2 was 649.99 in November. The S4 is 639.99 on ATT for no commitment and if it was 549.99, I would have bought one. Seems like they are just getting a bit greedy now. I can wait. seems like the advances are slowing down. Not sure I really need a 1080 p screen or a 13 MP camera. I will see if the price comes down a bit if not I am happy with my phones right now.
    04-27-2013 02:55 PM
    It's because t mobile offers it unsubsidized and doesn't have contracts anymore. They have to make a little extra money to make up for the fact they can no longer put people on contract.

Personally what they are doing is a good thing. Contracts really cheat you if you think about it. My sister and dad are on a verizon plan for unlimited voice+text and shared 2gigs of data. They're cost each month is around $220, if my dad's work didn't pay $70 of it, they wouldn't even have verizon.

I don't know where they get off charging people like that, but that isn't how you run a business.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    04-27-2013 04:29 PM
    It's because t mobile offers it unsubsidized and doesn't have contracts anymore. They have to make a little extra money to make up for the fact they can no longer put people on contract.

Personally what they are doing is a good thing. Contracts really cheat you if you think about it. My sister and dad are on a verizon plan for unlimited voice+text and shared 2gigs of data. They're cost each month is around $220, if my dad's work didn't pay $70 of it, they wouldn't even have verizon.

I don't know where they get off charging people like that, but that isn't how you run a business.

I have 2 phone on verizon get 4GB of shared data and unlim text and talk and pay 164.00 a month.are you sure they are paying that much.
    04-27-2013 04:38 PM
    Wow
    I knew TMo was cheap but wow!
    I have family plan 2 lines unlimited talk text and 5gb data for $99 plus the $20 phone subsidy for 2 years.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    04-30-2013 07:34 AM

I have 5 lines on Verizon and once factoring the $15 per month subsidy, I am only paying $65 for 2 smartphones, one with unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE, and 3 dumb phones. Just depends on your needs.

I personally don't mind contracts since I can get the phone cheaper through various deals. I got my note 2 for $37 on contract, i think even now tmo has it for over $600.

But obviously some people don't mind paying full retail so they don't get tied down in contracts, so tmo may be a good fit for them.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    04-30-2013 07:52 AM
    Tmobile is the BEST hands down..

The best part about these new Installament plans is.. you can just pay off the full price of the phone anytime you want.. and you're FREE AND CLEAR to do whatever you want.. and if a new phone comes out.. just get another installment plan for that..

The fact of the matter is on a contract you're paying for the full price of phones anyway.. but with Tmobile you have more freedom.
    04-30-2013 09:13 AM