Samsung camera app - save photos/videos to SD card?

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
In the Samsung Galaxy S4 camera app, is there a way to save the taken photos and videos directly to SD card (instead of the internal storage)? I am planning to use the internal storage for apps storing only and would like to save all photos/videos to 64GB SD card directly. The manual doesn't really say how this can be configured (if at all it is possible)?

Any ideas?

Osho

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I believe you press the settings button (looks like a circle thingie lol) and under storage instead of "device" you should be able to change that to sd card or something to that nature

nata_panya

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
In the Samsung Galaxy S4 camera app, is there a way to save the taken photos and videos directly to SD card (instead of the internal storage)? I am planning to use the internal storage for apps storing only and would like to save all photos/videos to 64GB SD card directly.?

Hi Osho

I think this is what you're looking for:

1. Open Camera App.
2. Tap the haptic "menu" button, to the left of the "Home" button".
3. Select "Settings"
4. Tap the gear icon on the top-right.
5. Scroll down to "Storage"
6. Select your external SD card.

Hope that helps.

matt_h2

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Of course the only problem with being able to select the device (phone) or memory card is that you cannot then specify the directory (folder) where you want them to go so they all then just go into the default folder.

Being able to store things in specific folders is my biggest gripe right now! :-(

fwuts

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
That does not work because the camera app uses the /mnt/sdcard which is the internal fake sdcard not the external removable one.

Last edited:

TRHz

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
My previous Galaxy II died last week and I got the replacement yesterday. To my surprise, even though I had an SD card, NOTHING was ever stored there. When I put the SIM card and SD card in my new phone I didn't have my contacts, photos, documents, videos.

For the future, I tried settings/storage as suggested in a previous post but all you can do there is to check the capacity of the memories and to format the memories.

I tried instead going to camera/settings/storage and selected memory card.However, I still don't know how to store in my SD card my images from apps such as whatsapp ...

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same peoblem. I recently got the galaxy s4 and I am having problems with the storage of the pictures in my gallery. I want ALL of my pictures to save on my SD card, this was possible with other android phones where there was no such thing as external memory, in fact the phones camera wouldnt even function without an SD. I was able to change the settings on the camera to where pictures I take with the camera will save on my SD card, the problem comes when I take a screenshot, or save a picture from an APP such as facebook messenger or ifunny. Thesse automatically create a new album by the name of the app and save on the external memory. I know you can move pictures afterwards and move them to external memory.... but I want a way in which I can set the default location as mt SD and they will automatically save there withough me having to manually move them. Thank-you!!

chipsandpickles

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Since you are the only one with what seems to be the only correct answer, maybe you can help me with this question. What if the pics are already saved to the phone how do you move and save those pics to the sd card? please help!!

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
You can do it ome of two ways... go to the app "my files" and select the "device" storage...then inside your DCMI check all of the folders of pictures you would like to move and on the top right hand side click on the menu..then "move" select the "SD card memory" or "external" memory and select an existing folder or create a new one. You can also go to your gallery, and select picture by picture and move them to the default folder named "camera" which should already be automatically set to save on the SD card... you can tell if there is an SD card symbol next to it. If its not.. you can fix that in the camara settings. ...take a picture ...and then proceed to move all of your photos into the new "camera" folder in the galley.

Posted via Android Central App

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Since you are the only one with what seems to be the only correct answer, maybe you can help me with this question. What if the pics are already saved to the phone how do you move and save those pics to the sd card? please help!!

You can do it ome of two ways... go to the app "my files" and select the "device" storage...then inside your DCMI check all of the folders of pictures you would like to move and on the top right hand side click on the menu..then "move" select the "SD card memory" or "external" memory and select an existing folder or create a new one. You can also go to your gallery, and select picture by picture and move them to the default folder named "camera" which should already be automatically set to save on the SD card... you can tell if there is an SD card symbol next to it. If its not.. you can fix that in the camara settings. ...take a picture ...and then proceed to move all of your photos into the new "camera" folder in the galley.

Kelley 4 Labs

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site

Kelley 4 Labs

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Thank you SO much for this info!! I've had my camara and SD card for 2 years and this is the first person that gave me brilliant information!! You know your stuff!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz