My first post. I was searching for a forum that talks. When a forum talks/posts, there is a lot of good info going around.

With that said, I am getting ready to get an S4. I am not a phone person, my old beat up phone died, don't even know what it was. My wife is the phonaholic. She has an iphone 4. Right now, I am using one of her old wrecker phones until I purchase a new one. Was going to get the Galaxy S3, but after reading, wow, I gotta go with the S4! Since I was going to get a tablet too. With the S4, IMO, I won't need a tablet. BTW, when I do get this S4, my wife, who is bigger, stronger, and younger than me, I hope I don't cause a riff and she takes my S4 from me!!

On where to get the S4.. That is what I am throwing around. I already selected T Mobile as the carrier I want for the simple reason, their data plan looks more reasonable than others..And since I am with Cricket now, I like the no contract thing too. I was going to get and pay the full price for the phone at T Mobile and be with out a contract and the phone will be mine. I do not understand the lock and unlocked. But, if I buy the phone from T Mobile outright, the phone shouldn't be locked, or will it be?

Also, I see the S4 at Sam Stores, for $739 unlocked. T Mobile is $629 out right but I don't know if it is lock on not. I am going to go with one of those choices. Would like some advice buying a locked or unlocked phone, and which would be to my advantage.

Thanks in advance..

ceh
    04-27-2013 12:55 PM
    you can buy from your carrier at full price unlocked and not contract. but, t-mobile make you buy it outright on a payment plan, so it will have a contract. it's just up to you how you want to buy it.
    04-27-2013 12:58 PM
    you can buy from your carrier at full price unlocked and not contract. but, t-mobile make you buy it outright on a payment plan, so it will have a contract. it's just up to you how you want to buy it.
    Are you saying T Mobile will not let me buy it outright, or are you saying that if I buy it outright from T-mobile it will be unlocked? Little slow on this end..

Thanks for the feedback too..

ceh
    04-27-2013 01:23 PM