I know on the Galaxy S3, if you take a picture in Portrait mode, the image will be rotated if you save it on the computer or upload it somewhere on the internet.
    Does the Galaxy S4 fix this problem?
    04-27-2013 01:46 PM
    I know on the Galaxy S3, if you take a picture in Portrait mode, the image will be rotated if you save it on the computer or upload it somewhere on the internet.
    Does the Galaxy S4 fix this problem?
    Nope. Problem still here.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    04-27-2013 04:27 PM
    Hey! Just received my gs4 and just wondering if anyone is having problems with the auto rotation. When i go into an image I have to manually press rotate image. Is there an option where it automatically rotates the picture? Also, having trouble replacing icons in the bottom dock on the home screen.

Really appreciate if i can get some input!

Cheers!
    04-28-2013 11:03 PM
    Just had this confirmed this morning. Guy got his at the weekend and it's the first thing I made him do, take a picture in portrait, attach it to an email and send it to me. Yep, it sent in landscape! So bloody annoying!
    04-29-2013 04:45 AM
    I didn't know about this issue, since I came over from an HTC Thunderbolt I had for 2 1/2-3 years. It's kind of strange that the S4 has this issue, considering everything else it can do, and seems to do well. This feels like a basic issue that smartphones have handled for years. All these new features I've been having so much fun with, then all of a sudden I find something that feels like a basic feature (at this point) is so wrong.
    I had taken a bunch of pictures at a convention and when we go home and were going through them (DNLA) on the tv, they were all landscape, no matter how I had taken them. This being the reason I ended up here.
    05-28-2013 01:39 PM
    Guys, this is NOT a Samsung related issue...it's a format issue. Your phone ALWAYS takes the picture in landscape mode. A L W A Y S. The gallery app and the Android OS in general reads the appropriate tag in the data and shows the rotation accordingly, but the file is, in fact, IN LANDSCAPE. When you save the file to a computer, the OS does NOT read the tag properly and just displays the file as it was saved: in landscape.

Thanks for the correction :P hehe (EDITED)
    05-28-2013 03:22 PM
    I think in the latter stages of your post you meant "landscape" when your were typing "portrait". Otherwise, you just confused me more than I already was..
    05-28-2013 03:27 PM
    I think in the latter stages of your post you meant "landscape" when your were typing "portrait". Otherwise, you just confused me more than I already was..
    Hahaha sorry, I was interrupted mid-writing and my brain switched to portrait mode :P hehe
    05-28-2013 03:44 PM
    That clears that up, for me at least. I was going to use a portrait "pun" in my previous post, but it turned out to be a groaner so I just went with the straight ahead comment. Thanks for the explanation.
    05-28-2013 05:24 PM
    I don't want to contradict any one but, I just took a picture portrait with my S4 and sent it to my gmail and viewed with my phone and it was portrait. I then sent it to my computer email and it was portrait .........there was no rotation on this side ..........
    05-28-2013 08:58 PM
    Every time I take a portrait pic and try to send via go sms it is always inserted on its side. Thought this was just me, just my 2cents!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    05-28-2013 09:05 PM
    On my S4, when I take a video in Landscape mode it reverts to portait on the phone and when sent via email or uploaded to computer, and when I take pics in portrait mode it reverts to landscape when sent to computer or uploaded......this is screwing up a lot of one time only events
    06-29-2013 05:36 PM
    Same as skyping ... my mom told me the video is sideways. I have to rotate my phone to correct.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-29-2013 05:53 PM
    This is highly annoying and pretty much inexcusable nowadays. Sadly this also highlights the biggest fault of android. Since the OS and the OEM are separate, who owns fixing it. There isn't anyone who takes ownership for ensuring the hardware and the software play nice with this rotation issue. Makes streaming pictures to your TV useless since you sit there with your head turned half of the time. Very unprofessional looking, even iOS and windows phone get this right! I was hoping Samsung could work this out with Google but nope they didn't and it's lame.
    AGraves78 likes this.
    06-30-2013 10:01 AM
    It is very LAME cyclejim! Lol Especially when I receive a pic via SMS and it is a portrait that has been turned landscape! I have to save it to be able to rotate. I think that when you go to view it, there should at least be the option to rotate without having to save it... Sucks... Just sayin'
    07-11-2013 07:38 AM
    Open Settings. Under the Device heading choose"Display," then check Auto-rotate screen
    12-06-2013 12:28 AM