Auto correct on S4

texasotts

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does. It learns from texts, email and Facebook each time you use the keyboard

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

anon(605125)

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey most certainly does learn the words you use, and your keyboard has nothing to do with blocking calls...

I did not have a problem with autocorrect on my skyrocket with Swiftkey but I am on the S4. It is correcting words now that I don't want changed and I cannot find any setting to shut it off.

gaidin6

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations on your new S4!! I'm jealous. :)

Don't be. Despite the goodness that has come with the upgrade, the the S4 changes things in the UI from the S3 that just didn't need to change and seem more annoying than helpful IMO. I still can't get all my contacts from my various email accounts to populate and the insistence of my Gmail accounts to use a different app and alert separately from the combined mail and calendar is just annoying.

I'll get used to it but it seems like change for the sake of change rather than an improvement.

Just my two cents.

gaidin6

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I did not have a problem with autocorrect on my skyrocket with Swiftkey but I am on the S4. It is correcting words now that I don't want changed and I cannot find any setting to shut it off.

If you go to the SwiftKey Settings | Advanced and find the Spacebar Completion Mode, the option to "always insert a space" will stop it from changing stuff. I had it set to "complete current word" which seems to insert the prediction on words it doesn't recognize.

Good luck!

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I installed the jelly bean keyboard app and it works great. Coming from the iPhone, I got used to autocorrect, so this app has certainly helped a bunch.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan