04-29-2013 02:52 PM
43 12
tools
    Would you be able to reach it with you index finger while it's still portrait? Seemed that way at the store, though hard to tell with the security cable in the way.

PS. Does the S4 turn on via the physical Home button, as well as the side Power button? Is there are way to get it to do so?
    If I grab the phone with my left hand it is near impossible to reach the power button with your index finger unless you're double jointed or have rheumatoid arthritis that has caused your fingers to bend at 45degree angles. All galaxy phones that have a physical home button turn on using either the side power button or the home button.
    04-28-2013 11:40 AM
    If I grab the phone with my left hand it is near impossible to reach the power button with your index finger unless you're double jointed or have rheumatoid arthritis that has caused your fingers to bend at 45degree angles. All galaxy phones that have a physical home button turn on using either the side power button or the home button.
    OK, I remembered that's how I powered on my DroidX, which also has the button on the top, but the DroidX was shorter and the button centered, so I can see how it would've been easier.
    04-28-2013 03:34 PM
    I did the same thing! Returned my One and got the SGS4! And glad I did! With the One I noticed I wasn't keeping a strong 4G signal as much as I do with a Samsung, had the SGS3 before the One and noticed already with 4 that the 4G is stronger, I couldn't even pick up a 4G signal with the One in my room, and with the SG4 I do. Not to mention sd card and removable battery also.
    lilkim429 and bdmridgback like this.
    04-28-2013 08:16 PM
    What phone did you have, before you peeked at the One?

Sent from my HTC One
    04-28-2013 08:20 PM
    Bigger screen that's not made smaller by the black menu bar. Responsive capacitive buttons that don't have an odd setup. A power button that is easy to reach and isn't too flush. Doesn't feel like its on fire doing the least intensive tasks. Doesn't have gaps or screens that stick out. Removable battery/SD storage. 4.2.2. Lighter, thinner, easier to hold.

I'm just assuming those would be his answers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    So basically troll answers?
    04-29-2013 01:19 AM
    Been answered lol :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    Doubt you even had an HTC One.
    04-29-2013 01:20 AM
    Doubt you even had an HTC One.
    You seem lost yet again. let me help you find your way home.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/
    coggster and areyes163 like this.
    04-29-2013 05:45 AM
    So basically troll answers?
    Or just facts. Unlike the majority of people who bash the S4 here, I've actually owned the phone I made comments on (the One).

04-29-2013 06:13 AM
    Bigger screen that's not made smaller by the black menu bar
    I have a question to anyone in general about this: Even if you have a phone that uses physical or capacative buttons instead of the black software key bar, BUT the app you're using doesn't adhere to that standard (as I'm discovering is still quite common), then Jelly Bean is still going to stick that black bar on your screen anyway, correct?
    04-29-2013 09:57 AM
    I have the HTC One and love it. I just ordered the S4 to try out. I don't know which one I will like better. Right now I'm leaning toward the One (based on videos I've watched) but that could change. I already have a 64GB card that I used when I had the S3. I really want to test out the signal performance on Tmobile since someone mentioned that the S4's is good. Right now the HTC One has the best signal and data performance than any phone I've had on Tmobile. I'm getting 4G (HSPA+) speeds in places I never did before. It will be interesting to see how the S4 will do.
    04-29-2013 10:29 AM
    Isn't all the fighting between HTC One owners and S4 owners silly? Shouldn't we really be focusing our energy on what matters? Making fun of iPhones?
    tx_tuff and chuckh0308 like this.
    04-29-2013 10:34 AM
    Isn't all the fighting between HTC One owners and S4 owners silly? Shouldn't we really be focusing our energy on what matters? Making fun of iPhones?
    Lol...exactly!

Sent from Ravenholm.
    04-29-2013 10:39 AM
    I have a question to anyone in general about this: Even if you have a phone that uses physical or capacative buttons instead of the black software key bar, BUT the app you're using doesn't adhere to that standard (as I'm discovering is still quite common), then Jelly Bean is still going to stick that black bar on your screen anyway, correct?
    nope...incorrect
    04-29-2013 10:42 AM
    nope...incorrect
    Depends on the phone? The Galaxy phones still have a capacative menu button do they not? Many recent phones based on JB have dropped the menu button so when a menu is called for, BUT the phone doesn't already use software buttons, then you get the black bar to enable menu functions if the app developer is still using gingerbread design standards.
    04-29-2013 10:56 AM
    Depends on the phone? The Galaxy phones still have a capacative menu button do they not? Many recent phones based on JB have dropped the menu button so when a menu is called for, BUT the phone doesn't already use software buttons, then you get the black bar to enable menu functions if the app developer is still using gingerbread design standards.
    It depends really even more than that. Each developer can choose to put the software buttons anywhere they want in an app. That's why manufacturers are choosing to keep the physical buttons, so they don't mash with the layout of their phones.

Nvrmind the fact they all want to be unique and not look like stock Android. Even though unifying the OS would do wonders to combat apple. Since it is carrier skins that generally cause apple to get all up in arms.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    04-29-2013 11:20 AM
    I think for the most part it just comes down to personal preference. I have a Samsung Galaxy, my friend has an HTC, and I just like the layout and feel of my Galaxy much more. I think the HTC is still a good phone, it's just less intuitive for the way I operate.
    04-29-2013 02:26 PM
    You seem lost yet again. let me help you find your way home.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/
    I don't have an HTC One, I have a nexus 4.
    04-29-2013 02:40 PM
    Or just facts. Unlike the majority of people who bash the S4 here, I've actually owned the phone I made comments on (the One).

I could point out a major flaw with the thing you call phone.
    04-29-2013 02:52 PM
43 12