Weather on lockscreen

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how to get the weather to show up on the lockscreen? I could easily enable it on my S3...can't find the option on the S4.

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Check this out:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...et.nurik.roman.dashclock&hl=en&token=w1qNGLNX

The S4 runs Android 4.2.2, which supports awesome customization and multiple screens on your lock screen, unlike pre-4.2 versions of the OS. DashClock is a brilliant third-party lock screen customization that is compatible only with Android 4.2+, and has a ton of built in extensions, as well as third-party extensions. The stuff you can do is pretty cool, and the extensibility is great. With 4.2, no need to run lockscreen replacements like WidgetLocker, which can sometimes behave a little funky on certain phones.

A lot of reviews don't get into this much, but running 4.2 is a pretty big advantage that the S4 currently has over the HTC One (which is running 4.1).

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Check this out:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...et.nurik.roman.dashclock&hl=en&token=onXKKzGG

The S4 runs Android 4.2.2, which supports awesome customization and multiple screens on your lock screen, unlike pre-4.2 versions of the OS. DashClock is a brilliant third-party lock screen customization that is compatible only with Android 4.2+, and has a ton of built in extensions, as well as third-party extensions. The stuff you can do is pretty cool, and the extensibility is great. With 4.2, no need to run lockscreen replacements like WidgetLocker, which can sometimes behave a little funky on certain phones.

A lot of reviews don't get into this much, but running 4.2 is a pretty big advantage that the S4 currently has over the HTC One (which is running 4.1).

How do I get it to show up on my lockscreen? I just downloaded it.

SERBDVB

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to use bild in weather widgets to display on lock screen , still waiting on my first android device , come on ;-)

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I can get weather on my lock screen when the phone is in
the Samsung multimedia dock.

By the way, the S-View cover will fit in the dock also.
The Samsung dock is a great addition to a great phone.

John

Attachments

• S4 in dock.jpg
    S4 in dock.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 78

brnc

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry guys, but there's no way to get lockscreen apps on this phone if you use any of the secure unlock features (only unsecured). Android can do it, it's just Touchwiz that can't. Not sure if Samsung did it on purpose or what...

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site

SERBDVB

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I just gat the s4 and i need help , how to putt weather on lockscreen , just using build in weather app
Thx , love the phone OMG

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I can get weather on my lock screen when the phone is in
the Samsung multimedia dock.

By the way, the S-View cover will fit in the dock also.
The Samsung dock is a great addition to a great phone.

John

Is that a "one model" fits all model dock?! I think I"ll get one as well for when my S4 arrives in a day or so.

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You just add the widget to your lock screen like any other widget, it's freaking awesome! I love this phone!

Yeah this works as long as one is using Swype as the way to unlock the lock-screen. If one chooses other method of locking the phone (e.g. pattern or pin) then there seems to be no way of having weather on the lockscreen. That sucks!

Osho

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Unless you use the dock.

I have pin code on mine and as long as it is in the dock it displays the weather.

John

Yeah, but I would like to see weather on the lock-screen when not docked. I shouldn't have to compromise on security to see weather info on the lockscreen.

Osho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz