I'm sorry but....

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
If the look of Touchwiz is the only thing that bothers you about the S4, a third party launcher can fix most of it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Yea but I'll still get the ugly icons Sense 5 is just so beautiful I wish I could put it in a Galaxy S4 body. Is there anybody else on here that took there One back for a GS4? If so why?

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Buy an aluminum phone and smack a plastic/ rubber case on it lol so what's the point?!

Buy a premium phone with a plastic removable back and smack a rubber/ plastic case on it.

Both at the end will be the same but the S4 with 10x more features it will take up the two year contract to get bored of....unlike the One with um, blink feed, Zoe, and......uh that's it lol.

Yea, unanimous descision here.
Galaxy S4 is an overall BETTER smartphone APART from opinions and personal preferences.

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am with you 100%

Spent at least an hour with them both... and I have to say, I would have buyers remorse had I purchased an HTC One.

I had buyers remorse after buying the one. I had two. Both defective. Returned and got my beautiful S4. Not defective. Speaks volumes to me if I don't have to constantly exchange due to crappy quality control.

Also, people are praising the one because it's the first Android to have such a premium material used for its case. I'm pretty sure when the shock wears off more and more will see that the Samsung is the top performer.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Buy an aluminum phone and smack a plastic/ rubber case on it lol so what's the point?!

Buy a premium phone with a plastic removable back and smack a rubber/ plastic case on it.

Both at the end will be the same but the S4 with 10x more features it will take up the two year contract to get bored of....unlike the One with um, blink feed, Zoe, and......uh that's it lol.

Yea, unanimous descision here.
Galaxy S4 is an overall BETTER smartphone APART from opinions and personal preferences.

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

Lol, that's completely opinionated.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I had buyers remorse after buying the one. I had two. Both defective. Returned and got my beautiful S4. Not defective. Speaks volumes to me if I don't have to constantly exchange due to crappy quality control.

Also, people are praising the one because it's the first Android to have such a premium material used for its case. I'm pretty sure when the shock wears off more and more will see that the Samsung is the top performer.

The "top performer" shouldn't lag in everyday use.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
No lag here either.

Even if it did lag slightly it's much easier to fix than all of the problems the One is having. From poor build quality to defective buttons to poor camera performance.. HTC has already announced fixes are in the works. It happens.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Is everyone finding the stock keyboard acceptable? If it would just auto correct my mistakes I'd love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
No lag here either.

Even if it did lag slightly it's much easier to fix than all of the problems the One is having. From poor build quality to defective buttons to poor camera performance.. HTC has already announced fixes are in the works. It happens.

What fixes have they announced? Please post. I'm curious

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yea but I'll still get the ugly icons Sense 5 is just so beautiful I wish I could put it in a Galaxy S4 body. Is there anybody else on here that took there One back for a GS4? If so why?

No you won't. The themes have icon packs that can replace your stock icons.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
At least 2 camera fixes and one for the buttons. Feel free to google to head over to the One forums. There's a long bug thread over there.

These are HTC announced fixes? I've seen the bug thread but that doesn't mean it's an HTC acknowledged problem that is being addressed

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
And no one else has?

Hint: others have.

The animations catching occasionally is not lag. I've said it, I believe Jerry said it here, etc. It's easily remedied, if you have it at all, by changing the animation scale in dev settings. Can you fix the One's unresponsive capacitive buttons in settings? Or the gaps/screen sticking out in the design? Or the Nexus 4s inability to be put on its back without sliding/muffling the speaker?

And I could be wrong, but it sounds like you don't even own the S4. I do; it doesn't lag.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
And no one else has?

Hint: others have.

All I've said is that to ME, this is a top performer. I have zero lag. MY experiences have been great. After I've tested both phones, the Samsung it's the phone for ME.

gruppe3942#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
No lag here either.

Where did you see or hear that Samsung is already in the works for a fix?

I'm addicted to the phone

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
The s4 is not cheap looking or feeling at all. I went by the store and picked up the htc one and yes I thought I felt nice. Then I saw the s4 and picked it up....come on really guys? I think that the media has been trying to push the htc one too much. The s4 felt great in the hand and looks great. The picture I had in my mind after reading all the articles is exact opposite of what the s4 is. I understand everyone has their own opinion on what's premium and cheap feeling...but really?...come on!

I'm addicted to the phone
the thing is that they equate cheapness to the material. Yes, it's made from plastic, but the phone looks and feels good. If I am going to be carrying around a phone this size, I don't want it to be heavy.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power