I'm sorry but....

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
So? She's got more knowledge of the mobile industry than anyone here. She's also entitled to her opinion. Impartiality doesn't exist.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Michael Jordan has forgotten more basketball knowledge in a week than I'll know in my lifetime. With all that knowledge the greatest player of all time is in charge of one of the most pathetic teams of all time due to his bad decisions. Just because you're knowledgeable on a subject does not mean you're always correct and people should have enough common sense to know when they are being fed a pile of crap.

My phone is a good One!

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The HTC One supporters that are camped out in the S4 threads are just jealous of our phones and they can't afford the 35 buck restocking fee to take their phone back to switch to the S4.

Stop hating on people who make up their own minds and who know how to dress themselves in the morning. We like our phones so stop being a buzz kill

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
When Samsung starts paying people to bash the One and praise the GS4... what can ya do?

;)

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I dont care what Samsung does, its the actions of those here that annoy the crap out of me.

I am afraid to go up to the HTC One section, will probably find a thread talking about who to send down to talk garbage about a Device they dont own.

Its pathetic.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The HTC One supporters that are camped out in the S4 threads are just jealous of our phones and they can't afford the 35 buck restocking fee to take their phone back to switch to the S4.

Stop hating on people who make up their own minds and who know how to dress themselves in the morning. We like our phones so stop being a buzz kill

Don't worry, guys; he's contemplating getting an S4 once it becomes available for his carrier.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe how many of you Sammy fanbois come on here and lie about lag! I have seen it first hand on my brothers phone before he took it back! The phone is a laggy mess that you would expect on a low end phone!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Didn't I previously tell you to stop going around to all the threads about performance and saying the same thing?
FWIW Alex has said that stock TouchWiz apps lag. That it wasn't just the transitions for him.

It's not that plastic I am poor material, it's the way they use the plastic that people have issues with. I remember last year when the One X and S3 were announced. The majority of reviews favored the S3, but people in the forums preferred the One X. Primarily because of the design, feel, build quality, and display. The multi-tasking was terrible, but nobody really argued that HTC did the design right. Why is it so different this year? Why are you guys giving Samsung a pass for the thin plastic body when last year you all wanted better materials? I'm not knocking the S4 as a whole, but when every other high-end phone doesn't use cheap feeling flimsy plastic people will notice.

Also, phones don't exist in a vacuum. They will be compared. Reviewers are human, and design, feel, and stuff like that is a largely opinion. I trust that the larger sites have had their hands on enough devices that their opinion is highly "polished" and honed enough to articulate what they mean when they use words like "premium" with regards to a material.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Also, name calling, insulting, trolling, etc in this thread won't be tolerated. Warnings/infractions may be handed out and worse case the thread will get closed.

I don't want that, you don't want that, so let's please keep it civil.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The animations catching occasionally is not lag. I've said it, I believe Jerry said it here, etc. It's easily remedied, if you have it at all, by changing the animation scale in dev settings. Can you fix the One's unresponsive capacitive buttons in settings? Or the gaps/screen sticking out in the design? Or the Nexus 4s inability to be put on its back without sliding/muffling the speaker?

And I could be wrong, but it sounds like you don't even own the S4. I do; it doesn't lag.

There's actually an easier remedy for those issues on both phones. X phone or Nexus 5
:D

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Didn't I previously tell you to stop going around to all the threads about performance and saying the same thing?
FWIW Alex has said that stock TouchWiz apps lag. That it wasn't just the transitions for him.

It's not that plastic I am poor material, it's the way they use the plastic that people have issues with. I remember last year when the One X and S3 were announced. The majority of reviews favored the S3, but people in the forums preferred the One X. Primarily because of the design, feel, build quality, and display. The multi-tasking was terrible, but nobody really argued that HTC did the design right. Why is it so different this year? Why are you guys giving Samsung a pass for the thin plastic body when last year you all wanted better materials? I'm not knocking the S4 as a whole, but when every other high-end phone doesn't use cheap feeling flimsy plastic people will notice.

Also, phones don't exist in a vacuum. They will be compared. Reviewers are human, and design, feel, and stuff like that is a largely opinion. I trust that the larger sites have had their hands on enough devices that their opinion is highly "polished" and honed enough to articulate what they mean when they use words like "premium" with regards to a material.

Agreed. Happens to every phone. Once a company finds their design, they become stale to us. Look at the iphone 4/4s. It sold like hotcakes while every one was screaming about the 4s being the exact same design wise. Same here with the s3/s4 although samsung did change it a little, but still a form of plastic. The Nexus 4 gets bashed because it is too much like the iphone 4/4s design wise with the glass back. Don't worry, if HTC uses the same design with the ONE next year, this cycle will repeat. At the end of the day most people either get used to the look or put a case on it instead of doing the one thing that will make the manufacturers change, NOT BUY IT. Voting with your wallet wins every time.

Adrian16j

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung s3 and my play store isnt working or updating my apps. Every time I open the play store up it says cannot open play store. I have went to my settings but from there I dont know how fix the problem any suggestions is much appreciated. My phone is a nightmare just now its just crashing all the time due to problem

Tampaguy75

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I spent some time with an AT&T version of the GS4 this weekend and compared it to the look and feel of the HTC One. I currently own a GS3, and it was notable that the GS4 design was a step up from the GS3 (i.e. the buttons had less wiggle). Also, the fact that they were able to increase the screen size while keeping the phone basically the same size was impressive. In comparing it to the HTC One, I didn't come away with the GS4 feeling cheap. I would say the visual appearance of the One was slightly better, but it did not feel as good in the hand due to the sharper edges along the side of the phone.

However, I do hope that HTC sells millions and millions of the phones and that people are happy with it. And I hope that when the next iphone comes out, they offer a larger screen option to compete with the One and the GS4. And I hope that phone sells by the millions. The reason is that we need this competition amongst manufacturers. That is how we have cell phones that are so advanced in such a short period of time while keeping prices relatively low. It's because this has been one of the most competitive markets to be in. If one company dominates for too long, then we all lose.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Once a company finds their design, they become stale to us. Look at the iphone 4/4s. It sold like hotcakes while every one was screaming about the 4s being the exact same design wise. Same here with the s3/s4 although samsung did change it a little, but still a form of plastic. The Nexus 4 gets bashed because it is too much like the iphone 4/4s design wise with the glass back. Don't worry, if HTC uses the same design with the ONE next year, this cycle will repeat.
Couldn't agree more. When the OG EVO came out it seemed like every device for the next 18 months looked just like it. Everyone's devices looked like they were carved from the same 2001-like monolith. HTC basically cloned it, then shaved a corner or installed a different back, and called it something else. But they all looked the same. If the One X would have sold like gangbusters last year I think the One would look substantially different, and more like the One X. I don't think next year's version will be that much different than this year's though. They seem to have a hit on their hands and they'll stick with it for another cycle or two. I don't know why people are up in arms over the GS4 not looking like a spaceship. Did anyone really expect it to be a drastic departure from the GS3? The phone that sold 3 trillion units (yeah, that's the correct number)?

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, for the average consumer, I think the One is a better choice. Most people don't carry around extra batteries and probably never use more than a couple gigabytes, let alone 64. With that in mind, having a better screen, better audio and a more premium feel makes it easy for me to recommend the One to most people I know.

If HTC had the money to go on a multi-billion dollar advertising blitz, the One would probably be the best selling phone of 2013.

Sent using Android Central Forums

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
actually, I think the average user would be better off with the S4! Thiner, lighter, smaller, better fit in the hand, and more durable! So many more software options...yes, maybe many of which will not be useful to everyone, but it only takes one of these features to be killer! For me it is the high sensitivity screen, anyone that has to remove gloves in cold weather will LOVE the GS4!
While there are some that will buy the One for it's sense of style, as the GS3 proved, there are many, many more that will purchase the GS4 to use!

So you see, you can debate both sides of that coin!

There is also another point no one seems to be talking about...familiarity...all of those Galaxy S and Galaxy S2 owners coming off contract generally love Touch Wiz and will for a large part go for the GS4! I really think that is why Samsung stayed the course with the S4 being similar to the S3! It wasn't meant for S3 owners who are currently commited to a 2 year contract

Cheers

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Well took my One back and got the last S4 today. After spending a couple hours with the S4 still love how much better if fits in the hands. I am starting to get use to Touch Wiz again although I still find it ugly. Sense five was truly beautiful. The S4 battery is easy longer than the One though. Liking the S4 but there is occasional lag I notice which is weird because on the One there was none and they are using the same processor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, for the average consumer, I think the One is a better choice. Most people don't carry around extra batteries and probably never use more than a couple gigabytes, let alone 64. With that in mind, having a better screen, better audio and a more premium feel makes it easy for me to recommend the One to most people I know.

If HTC had the money to go on a multi-billion dollar advertising blitz, the One would probably be the best selling phone of 2013.

Sent using Android Central Forums

I have to agree with this. Each phone is designed for a different kind of person. The One appeals more to me because I prioritize a better design (IMO) and feel, a slightly better screen, better sound, Sense 5, better hackability, and a lower price over a thinner and lighter body, a removable battery, expandable storage, better durability, and TouchWiz. The S4 would probably appeal more to heavy users who need lots of storage and battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan