EIGHT HOURS Of Constant use, here are my findings : ))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you have your own issues. (or just haven't been paying any attention at all) As I've said, the lag is an issue, but it doesn't ruin the S4. Just because you can't read doesn't give you the right to act like a child.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

It's called sarcasm. You'll get it in a few minutes. Are we done, though? I've acknowledged it's an issue. You've shown that you own the HTC One. This will go on forever.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It's called sarcasm. You'll get it in a few minutes. Are we done, though? I've acknowledged it's an issue. You've shown that you own the HTC One. This will go on forever.

Are YOU done? The only one that's been behaving like a boor in here is you.

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

JHB, your insistent need to point out the "flaws" of the S4 are entertaining. I think that is what Eric was getting at. You own a One, yet you persist to point out the flaws of the S4, would it not be more beneficial to your use of energy to point out the flaws of the One in the HTC One section, so they may get fixed?

Since you don't have, and have not used the device, your opinion of its flaws are irrelevant as you have 0 firsthand experience.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
JHB, your insistent need to point out the "flaws" of the S4 are entertaining. I think that is what Eric was getting at. You own a One, yet you persist to point out the flaws of the S4, would it not be more beneficial to your use of energy to point out the flaws of the One in the HTC One section, so they may get fixed?

Since you don't have, and have not used the device, your opinion of its flaws are irrelevant as you have 0 firsthand experience.

I've used the device, so you can stop your trolling before you even start. I've also said I will look at the S4 when my carrier starts selling it.

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I've used the device, so you can stop your trolling before you even start. I've also said I will look at the S4 when my carrier starts selling it.

Me start trolling? You are an HTC One owner, meaning you are vested in the device, i.e. you spent hard earned money on it, yet you come to the S4 section spewing garbage about the device after having used it for supposedly only 30mins.... Give me a break, and go back to the One section.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Not true, man. He's got a whole 30 minutes at the Sprint store with their demo.

D

Deleted member 1050820

I think the (occasional) shutter / lag issue on the S4 has been blown out of proportion. Lets face it, anyone (myself included) who has lived in the Android space for several years has had to deal with shutter / lag on their phone. (For the record, I am a big fan of the HTC ONE).

I think this issue is something that Google and Android OEMs have to continue to work on and improve if we are to win over more iPhone users.

Project Butter was a good attempt from Google. HTC's Sense 5 also does a great job of keeping the UI animations smooth & snappy (unlike previous versions of Sense). I think Samsung being the most visible representative of Android needs to work even harder in this space.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I think the (occasional) shutter / lag issue on the S4 has been blown out of proportion. Lets face it, anyone (myself included) who has lived in the Android space for several years has had to deal with shutter / lag on their phone. (For the record, I am a big fan the HTC ONE).

I think this issue is something that Google and Android OEMs have to continue to work on and improve if we are to win over more iPhone users.

Project Butter was a good attempt from Google. HTC's Sense 5 also does a great job of keeping the UI animations smooth & snappy (unlike previous versions of Sense). I think Samsung being the most visible representative of Android needs to work even harder in this space.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said here. Great post!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Must every GS4- or One-related thread turn into something like this?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Me start trolling? You are an HTC One owner, meaning you are vested in the device, i.e. you spent hard earned money on it, yet you come to the S4 section spewing garbage about the device after having used it for supposedly only 30mins.... Give me a break, and go back to the One section.

It's an open forum. If you don't like other people contributing, delete your account and leave.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
SPOT ON!

I do not understand why all of these One owners are trolling the S4 section, unless for not other reason than buyers remorse/jealousy... Or they are just so bent out of shape that they have to come take out their frustrations on others.

I'm here so prospective buyers get the real story, and not that of a Samsung for hire forum jumper!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I think the (occasional) shutter / lag issue on the S4 has been blown out of proportion. Lets face it, anyone (myself included) who has lived in the Android space for several years has had to deal with shutter / lag on their phone. (For the record, I am a big fan of the HTC ONE).

Can any of your posts get more unbiased?

:D

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

D

Deleted member 1050820

I think instead of arguing between S4 vs ONE we should be looking at the real competition - iPhone.

I've never owned an iPhone and probably never will. I am hardcore Android through and through, from the very start.

But it amazes me that the iPhone 5 (being a device from last year), still manages to equal / or slightly surpass the best Android phones in 2013 in terms of real world smoothness / responsiveness / speed. (I've watched almost every single S4 vs iPhone 5, ONE vs iPhone 5 video on Youtube).

We should be asking the questions like:

How does a device (iPhone 5) from 2012 which has inferior hardware specs (dual-core 1.6GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, 1440mAh battery) still manages to hold up and in some places out perform the best 2013 Android devices?

How can Google and Android OEM's learn from Apple's hardware & software so then can improve their devices?

Those are the questions that will move Android forward. Those are the questions that will win over more users from Apple.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thread derailed. Pretty sure I just read all the same discussion in four other threads (or was it more? I can't remember).

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.