Stuttering performance?

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Been playing around with a Galaxy S 4 for the last two days and I have noticed stuttering performance, as well as slow main screen load times for widgets on my unit. I just want to know if anyone else has had these issues?

tarball

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Been playing around with a Galaxy S 4 for the last two days and I have noticed stuttering performance, as well as slow main screen load times for widgets on my unit. I just want to know if anyone else has had these issues?

Just to have more information.... do you have air gesture enabled?

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Nope. ..all good here... standard performance as well as synthetic test are all showing better performance than indicated in the review hardware.

Sent from my Galaxy S 4 on Sprint...and yes, I have LTE so I don't need to hear anyone's **** about how Sprint sucks and there's no LTE

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
So to get a guaranteed smooth experience you need to change a developer option? Why would anybody that's not a total phone geek know that?

I wonder why some people are reporting lag and others aren't. There has to be something else making it lag. I just wonder what it is.

tarball

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
So to get a guaranteed smooth experience you need to change a developer option? Why would anybody that's not a total phone geek know that?

I wonder why some people are reporting lag and others aren't. There has to be something else making it lag. I just wonder what it is.

Yep, pretty odd.....

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My brothers lagged so bad he is taking it back! He also said touchwiz is a bloated mess, and the fake metal plastic band is already separating from the phone!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

It is odd that its a developer option I agree. Should be a setting easier to find/readily available and should be set lower out of the box by Samsung. Once set though it typically improves performance enough for an average user to notice.

Sent from my SCH-I605

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Was just typing the same thing! Still amazed a lot of people don't know about this.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Please enlighten me.... what does this do exactly? And why would it work? Also.... why is it necessary lol

- - - Updated - - -

Just to have more information.... do you have air gesture enabled?

Yes. I don't think I should have to turn it off since it is a feature of the phone that is meant to be left on. RIght?

KeboPR

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Please enlighten me.... what does this do exactly? And why would it work? Also.... why is it necessary lol

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. I don't think I should have to turn it off since it is a feature of the phone that is meant to be left on. RIght?

Not really... I have everything off because I don't really need it, this is a thing of what you need and don't need. If you dont need it why have it ON?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad