Moving over from the Apple system... having a bit of a hard time.

slittle#AC

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Go to Samsung's website and download and read the directions for Smart Switch. It's wonderful and it took under a minute for me to convert my music and download on my S4. Don't forget the Smart Switch Mobile for apps. Read the info on it and it's super easy.

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Figure this is a good place to ask this question. i've gotten used to being able to hid the keyboard after i send a text message so i can read the whole conversation. Is there a way to do this?

Yeah, when the keyboard is showing, just tap the back button (the haptic feedback button) and the keyboard will go away.

Also trying out SwiftKey the trial version, so far after a few minutes i'm pretty sure i'll be going for the full upgrade as i have plenty of money on my google play account and what's a one time $4 charge for a really nice keyboard!!

zeteo

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I am also coming from iPhone 5, love the Samsung S 4!! I need to understand the ways to change the home screen. But I love this device!!

iOS Refugee

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I too, am a former iPhone (4s) fanboy who left iOS and purchased a GS4 3 days ago. I was an iPhone users since the iP3 and was very underwhelmed by the iP5. I was mad at Apple for not listening to its customer base who wanted a larger screen so I waited for the GS4. So here I am. So far I like it but it does get some getting used to. Got some great tips from this thread. Thanks everyone for the info!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I am also coming from iPhone 5, love the Samsung S 4!! I need to understand the ways to change the home screen. But I love this device!!
What kinds of things are you looking to change on your homescreen?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

TheeDemented1

May 1, 2013
Visit site
New to Android too from 4S to S4 since Tuesday, not really had much chance to play yet but like that I can put apps where and how I want etc. Still forget its an S4 and not a 4S.
The only thing I didn't like was the keyboard but the suggestions on how to change the stock keyboard settings and its much better. Thanks to all that posted that.
Will have another look at all the other suggestions too.

Is there anything I can do with Instagram? I loved it on my 4S but it crops my pictures too much on the S4, mainly on portrait photos cutting out too much.?

EMY92

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm yet another iPhone user, have been since the first one, and just switched from my iPhone 4S to the Galaxy S4. (Actually, I switched to the S3 about a month or so ago but when I got it home I saw that the 4 was coming out very soon so I returned the 3 the next day and waited til the 4 was available. Just got it yesterday.)

This thread has been very helpful, especially the part about Google Music. Got my whole iTunes library uploaded in no time at all. That's great.

The problem I'm having now is figuring out how to get rid of the BIG (in size) apps such as Story Album, Samsung Hub, and Flipboard that take up so much room on my home screens and that I'll never use. Could someone please tell me how to delete them and how to delete other apps in the app drawer that I'll never use. Then I can set up my home pages the way I want them.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Martin

To get rid of them, hold your finger on the app until the screen changes, then drag the app that you want gone to the trash can at the top of the screen. I replaced my iphone yesterday and just figured out how to do this.

Others on here may have better ways to accomplish what you're trying to do.

Martin Rice

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, EMY92, that worked like a charm. I appreciate the help. I'm starting to feel much more comfortable with my new S4; it's a fine piece of technology. I've also found Android versions of all of my favorite apps, too.

My only disappointment is the Android version of Scrabble. It's the only game I play and I'm really addicted to it. It seems as though the Android version, although it looks exactly like the iOS version, doesn't let you play against it (that is, your phone) but only against random people online or the play-and-pass version where you play with someone who's with you. That's a drag. But I of course I'll be able to live with it if I have to. And I can always play it on my iPad.

Thanks again.

rootyourphones

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Im a former s4 owner let me tell u picked the wrong device im happy with my iphone 5 .enjoy the bugs and lag it brings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Im a former s4 owner let me tell u picked the wrong device im happy with my iphone 5 .enjoy the bugs and lag it brings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the comment troll. This is officially the most ignorant comment posted so far on this thread. Congratulations! Actually I haven't seen a comment this is quite a while on any of these forums. :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rootyourphones

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the comment troll. This is officially the most ignorant comment posted so far on this thread. Congratulations! Actually I haven't seen a comment this is quite a while on any of these forums. :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Why thank you nam.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
New to Android too from 4S to S4 since Tuesday, not really had much chance to play yet but like that I can put apps where and how I want etc. Still forget its an S4 and not a 4S.
The only thing I didn't like was the keyboard but the suggestions on how to change the stock keyboard settings and its much better. Thanks to all that posted that.
Will have another look at all the other suggestions too.

Is there anything I can do with Instagram? I loved it on my 4S but it crops my pictures too much on the S4, mainly on portrait photos cutting out too much.?
The SwiftKey keyboard has a theme called 'light' that is very similar to the iPhone look. Check it out, I think you will like it.

brnc

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
OP here. I went back to the iphone 5. Just couldn't handle the lag. The screen was nice, but I jailbroke my iPhone and now the only downside to iPhone is the screen real estate.

rootyourphones

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
OP here. I went back to the iphone 5. Just couldn't handle the lag. The screen was nice, but I jailbroke my iPhone and now the only downside to iPhone is the screen real estate.

Good for you enjoy your iphone I know I do .I couldn't stand the lag either and some apps takes a bit to load.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Say hello to a Nexus 4 say goodbye to lag. Clean vanilla Android.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah vanilla android is still boreing to imo.

Lol. Compared to an iPhone vanilla android is like Disneyland compared to a ride outside a Walmart.

You don't have to be such a troll. Go somewhere else.

rootyourphones

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Lol. Compared to an iPhone vanilla android is like Disneyland compared to a ride outside a Walmart.

You don't have to be such a troll. Go somewhere else.

Yeah enjoy the all the problems it has I wouldn't buy a nexus 4 even it cost me 50 bucks poor design and also made by lg.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae