Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    04-27-2013 11:33 PM
    1. First, of course, make sure you've installed DashClock.

2. Get to the lockscreen by turning the screen off and on again--how long it takes for the lockscreen to appear will depend on what your Security settings are. If you don't have it set to show a lockscreen (i.e., if you only have it set to Slide to Unlock, which you really shouldn't), then please go to your Security settings and take your pick.

3. There will probably be a default lockscreen widget from Samsung. You will also notice a temporary [+] symbol to the left of that widget. Swipe the default lockscreen widget to the right to get to that [+] symbol, then tap it.

4. The unlock method that you chose will then come to the fore--you are being asked to enter your PIN or security pattern to prevent any random schmoe from picking up your phone and adding a sensitive lockscreen widget like Gmail without knowing your PIN.

5. After you enter your security unlock, you will then be presented with the various available lockscreen widgets. Select DashClock, and it will now appear as one of your lockscreen widgets.

6. You can swipe back and forth between multiple lockscreen widgets, and you can keep adding more by following #3 again. You can also remove a widget by long-pressing it, then dragging it to the Remove area or trashcan (however it looks on your phone).

7. You can further adjust DashClock's settings by tapping its Settings button, which is the 3 vertical dot icon. Here, among other things, you can add extensions, like battery indicator, weather, Gmail count, etc. This is DashClock's true strength, because there are a growing number of extensions available on Google Play (just search "DashClock" on Google Play, and you'll find a bunch).

Hope that helps.
    04-27-2013 11:53 PM
    Try as I might, I can not find a way to get Dashclock Widget onto my lockscreen. Where you say to swipe the existing widget to the right to expose a + symbol, nothing happens. I currently have my owner's information and a built in clock widget (system widget), as well as pin entry below that for security. I have my Galaxy S4 set up to show the lock screen with pin entry as soon as the phone is turned back on. In Settings, I have seen a couple of options for Clock or Personal Message in the Widgets section of the Lock Screen section, but that's it. There is no way to bring up a list of widgets from the lock screen of the AT&T Galaxy S4. I am using Nova Launcher, if that makes any difference. Thanks.
    05-06-2013 03:26 AM
    Try as I might, I can not find a way to get Dashclock Widget onto my lockscreen. Where you say to swipe the existing widget to the right to expose a + symbol, nothing happens. I currently have my owner's information and a built in clock widget (system widget), as well as pin entry below that for security. I have my Galaxy S4 set up to show the lock screen with pin entry as soon as the phone is turned back on. In Settings, I have seen a couple of options for Clock or Personal Message in the Widgets section of the Lock Screen section, but that's it. There is no way to bring up a list of widgets from the lock screen of the AT&T Galaxy S4. I am using Nova Launcher, if that makes any difference. Thanks.
    Unfortunately it only works of the lockscreen is on Swipe mode... It wont work with a passlock on it

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos!
    05-06-2013 04:06 AM
    Unfortunately it only works of the lockscreen is on Swipe mode... It wont work with a passlock on it

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos!
    I wish someone would figure out how to do this. Seems like it would be a major step forward in functionality.
    05-06-2013 08:14 AM
    Same thing for me here...
    05-30-2013 10:17 AM
    How can i remove the default clock? i mean whenever i receive a new message, there's this large "new message" that appears instead of the dashclock. but when i dont have any unread message, the dash clock shows on the lock screen whenever i open my S4
    07-06-2013 02:18 PM
    1. access settings

2. select lock screen from your device

3. tick multiple widgets

you should now get the + sign
    09-27-2013 09:16 AM
    I can't get Dashclock on my lockscreen either, whether I have security or not to unlock. When I long-press Dashclock to add it, the Dashclock settings always appear, which I have already set.
    12-09-2013 03:40 PM
    I am experiencing the same thing as post #9
    11-15-2014 11:01 PM
  11. Qwerqwerqwerqwerqwerqwerqwer's Avatar
    1. First, of course, make sure you've installed DashClock.

2. Get to the lockscreen by turning the screen off and on again--how long it takes for the lockscreen to appear will depend on what your Security settings are. If you don't have it set to show a lockscreen (i.e., if you only have it set to Slide to Unlock, which you really shouldn't), then please go to your Security settings and take your pick.

3. There will probably be a default lockscreen widget from Samsung. You will also notice a temporary [+] symbol to the left of that widget. Swipe the default lockscreen widget to the right to get to that [+] symbol, then tap it.

4. The unlock method that you chose will then come to the fore--you are being asked to enter your PIN or security pattern to prevent any random schmoe from picking up your phone and adding a sensitive lockscreen widget like Gmail without knowing your PIN.

5. After you enter your security unlock, you will then be presented with the various available lockscreen widgets. Select DashClock, and it will now appear as one of your lockscreen widgets.

6. You can swipe back and forth between multiple lockscreen widgets, and you can keep adding more by following #3 again. You can also remove a widget by long-pressing it, then dragging it to the Remove area or trashcan (however it looks on your phone).

7. You can further adjust DashClock's settings by tapping its Settings button, which is the 3 vertical dot icon. Here, among other things, you can add extensions, like battery indicator, weather, Gmail count, etc. This is DashClock's true strength, because there are a growing number of extensions available on Google Play (just search "DashClock" on Google Play, and you'll find a bunch).

Hope that helps.
    unfortunately none of these instructions work on my device, a Xiaomi redmi note 2. No access to widgets from lockscreen, no way to permit widgets in settings, no access to widget from extreme right etc. As with others, attempts to drag the widget onto the homescreen just brings up the settings.
    07-16-2016 08:04 PM
    unfortunately none of these instructions work on my device, a Xiaomi redmi note 2. No access to widgets from lockscreen, no way to permit widgets in settings, no access to widget from extreme right etc. As with others, attempts to drag the widget onto the homescreen just brings up the settings.
    Welcome to Android Central! What version of Android is it running? Dashclock doesn't work for Lollipop and higher, since there's no support for lockscreen widgets (which was replaced by lockscreen notifications).
    07-17-2016 01:33 AM