After having my s4 for a couple of hours, It is starting to reboot itself about every 2 minutes. It's very frustrating as my first s4 had an issue with a red flashing on the screen so I already had to exchange it once. I've tried factory resetting the phone, even doing so through the recovery boot. But nothing has worked, anyone have any suggestions to what else I should try? Besides the obvious option of taking it back again and getting an exchange
    04-27-2013 11:17 PM
    No one knows of a solution? I work all weekend long and would like to get it resolved before I take the trip to the AT&T store on Wednesday
    04-28-2013 07:08 PM
    If you've removed all non stock apps and done a factory reset and it's still rebooting, I'm not sure what to tell you other than to exchange it. Good luck with your issue though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    04-28-2013 07:48 PM
    If you've removed all non stock apps and done a factory reset and it's still rebooting, I'm not sure what to tell you other than to exchange it. Good luck with your issue though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Is there a way to reflash the firmware on to it using KIES? I've tried connecting it to my computer , but it gets stock on "connecting" when it's in download mode
    04-28-2013 08:47 PM
    If it's a brand new phone just take it back. Maybe you can set it up in front of a sales person so they can see if you are doing something wrong.
    04-28-2013 11:14 PM
    Yeah I have to do that. But I was wondering if it was something I could do before I'm free on Wednesday to take it.. It sucks that the firmware for the SGH-I337 is not even out so I can reflash through kies to see if its a software issue
    04-29-2013 11:46 PM
    You must have gotten malware viruses...
    04-30-2013 12:40 AM
    I think the same thing is happening with my new S4. At first I thought it was randomly rebooting, but after a while I realized it was crashing when it goes to sleep. Sometimes it reboots itself, sometimes it freezes up and needs to be restarted manually. At this point I can reliably get it to crash just by letting it go to sleep for about 5-10 minutes and then trying to wake it.

It seems to be stable when it's plugged in or connected to a computer via USB.

Finally, I factory reset it and did nothing but log in to Google and Samsung accounts, and it still crashes reliably.
    04-30-2013 10:34 PM
    Update - I reinstalled the firmware using Kies, and I seem to have at least improved the situation. So far I've locked and unlocked my phone for a good 40 minutes or so without crashing.

I could not reinstall the firmware on the Mac. I had to do it with the PC version of Kies. This article lays out the steps for forcing a reinstall of the same firmware on PC Kies: How to reinstall stock firmware without flashing by using KIES

Fingers crossed this helps.
    04-30-2013 11:44 PM
    Hmmm. Scratch that. It just crashed in sleep again.
    04-30-2013 11:47 PM
    Question, are you attempting to root or unlock this phone? It sounds like you might not know what you are doing and just going into a sort of boot loop from the custom rom or something. If this is not the case and it is just a fresh brand new never touched S4, then yea I would take it back.
    05-01-2013 12:13 AM
    I'm inclined to take it back, but they were out of stock, so I have a day or two to try to get to the bottom of it.

I'm not rooting it or trying to unlock it. It crashes when it sleeps in its initial state, without any new applications installed or even any changes to the default setup, including home screens, etc.

Mostly I was just hoping kicking it and reinstalling firmware a few times might get it out of the state it was in, but that doesn't seem to be the case. There is probably something in the hardware that is triggered when it tries to wake from sleep.
    05-01-2013 01:05 PM
    Yeah I have to do that. But I was wondering if it was something I could do before I'm free on Wednesday to take it.. It sucks that the firmware for the SGH-I337 is not even out so I can reflash through kies to see if its a software issue
    This might be the original firmware

[25/04/2013] Galaxy S 4 Official Roms Thread (Latest: CHN, PDA:I9500ZCUAMDG) - xda-developers
    05-01-2013 01:15 PM
    Mine does the same thing and I've updated through kies and its still the same, I think it's a battery issue my battery fully charged only says I've got 3 minutes of use left what does your battery say?.
    05-01-2013 01:19 PM
    Does it say 3 minutes of use left, or 'on battery'. My battery seems ok and holds the charge.
    05-01-2013 01:25 PM
    Does it say 3 minutes of use left, or 'on battery'. My battery seems ok and holds the charge.
    Did you find a solution yet?? If you live close to a big box best buy go to their new Samsung experience mini stores and their rep has the re-flashing tools. I did that and it solved my random reboot problem. I was having the exact same issue. The Samsung experience displays are a new thing in best buy so not all have it. Call and find out first
    05-02-2013 02:43 PM
    That's good. I ended up getting a new phone at AT&T yesterday. This one has been rock solid so far.
    05-02-2013 02:54 PM