Sure would be nice if the S4 forums were separated by carrier

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Will be much easier as the topics from the many future S4 owners start to post.

Sent From My SPH-L710 VIA Subspace

Last edited:

BillyMichael92

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Even if it was separated by US, UK etc it would be good. Before release date I struggled to find information about UK release etc

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Read this post...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2731981
Rooting, Roms & Hacks Sub Thread?

Being an old dos guy my mind just likes it that way. I understand the reasoning but it is what it is (a mess).

As far as search goes... I use it but much like tossing all device threads in one hopper there is still a lot perusing.

No gripe here its just my preference to have carrier subs.

Oh, you won't hear me whining about $10. After discounts I pay less than $80 for unlimited everything but minutes. Since 99% of my calls are mobile to mobile I'll never use up my 450. I average less than 60 minutes a month of usage there.

Anyway, thanks for the link to that thread.
Yo Sprint! 10 year's in November. :D

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I use the Note 2 forums... and I HATE carrier subforums. 99% of what is posted in a carrier subforum should be posted in the general forum. Lots of good info gets lost on the whole Note 2 community because a post is buried in a carrier subforum that has nothing to do with the specific carrier.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Will be much easier as the topics from the many future S4 owners start to post.

Good point, I did as much research on carrier as I did on which smartphone to get.

From doing my little research, I came up with a T Mobile plan will fit my needs the best.

They have the single line plan for $50 and you and $20 for unlimited data. Now, that is unlimited data on your smartphone, along with a hot spot on your phone, and 500mb for each of the 5 devices allowed on the hotspot. All this for no extra charge. Whereas, the other carriers, right off that bat, they charge extra just for the hotspot option.
So, my researched turned up the S4 as the phone, and T Mobile as the carrier. If somebody has something better, I like to see it..
And further research on the phone, has made me wait another couple grueling weeks to get the 32gb S4.. :'(

brnc

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Respectfully disagree. There comes a point in every forum's evolution when it simply gets TOO diversified, creating duplication of topics, making topics impossible to find, etc. Let's just have a single S4 forum, ok? ;)

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I get as far as how it might look cleaner to have all in one thread, but these devices have different antennas and software on them. When VZW pushes and update do you really want 10's of thousands of people asking in the right thread for details on how to get that update, yet they are on different network/carrier? Also there is different pre-loaded bloatware/carrier software. While phone is similar in the US people from about 10 different carriers will use this forum to find EASY access to information. So while we can go with the "if people word their titles right we will not have issues" as our reasoning, that is more so just an excuse. People are posting on mobile devices and not always from a desktop. Every time I have used this forum when there has been carrier specific forums it was WAY MORE helpful then the current format for the S4.

So while I will continue to come to this thread to get my feedback, information and other various post this format is cluttered and even with a search function I still see the huge benefit from the carrier specific format over this.

brnc

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
How about a single "Carrier Issues" subforum then, where people can post topics about over the air updates, specific carrier features, etc?

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
From my understanding mods don't normally break up a forum into specific carriers. They usually go by versions of phone. I'm sure one of them will chime in here soon on it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I understand the reasons for streamlining the forums,but it will get difficult to find things that are not carrier specific. I don't know, I could just be an old dog not wanting to learn new tricks :)

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I use the Note 2 forums... and I HATE carrier subforums. 99% of what is posted in a carrier subforum should be posted in the general forum. Lots of good info gets lost on the whole Note 2 community because a post is buried in a carrier subforum that has nothing to do with the specific carrier.

This. The problem of general posts in the carrier-specific subforums for the Note 2 forum vastly outweighs the supposed problem of having to deal with carrier-specific posts in one general device forum.

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

There are some distinct differences that crop up at times between carriers. Verizon LOVES to mess with the GPS(to the point where it gets broken on every third phone that gets released it seems). AT&T doesn't release updates quickly, and things of that nature. For those with unlocked devices that don't run into problems introduced by carriers, I am sure you would LOVE to avoid seeing a ton of posts complaining about carrier specific issues. That is the primary reason why carrier specific forums or sub-forums can come in handy. Sure, there are many things that SHOULD be general, but also, you have the type of "I am on such and such a carrier, what have you heard about the release?" questions, and those WILL flood the S4 forum in the next month or two once Samsung releases the KLP or 4.3 firmware.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
See the post above yours....

The things you list below make up about 1-5% of the carrier subforums... the rest and vast majority ... are posts that belong in the general Note 2 forum. People are not using the carrier specific forums as they are intended.

There are some distinct differences that crop up at times between carriers. Verizon LOVES to mess with the GPS(to the point where it gets broken on every third phone that gets released it seems). AT&T doesn't release updates quickly, and things of that nature. For those with unlocked devices that don't run into problems introduced by carriers, I am sure you would LOVE to avoid seeing a ton of posts complaining about carrier specific issues. That is the primary reason why carrier specific forums or sub-forums can come in handy. Sure, there are many things that SHOULD be general, but also, you have the type of "I am on such and such a carrier, what have you heard about the release?" questions, and those WILL flood the S4 forum in the next month or two once Samsung releases the KLP or 4.3 firmware.

Reformed IOS User

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

I agreee

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463