I was curious if there was a way to "hide" or remove stuff you dont want that is loaded on the device out of the box?
    When I looked at the S4 at AT&T today, it has a boat load of apps preinstalled. Would want to delete or hide all the useless ones.
    I won't be rooting the device, if that makes a difference. (I'm going to be a switcher from iPhone and don't know a lot about android phones/possibilities)
    04-28-2013 01:33 AM
    I was curious if there was a way to "hide" or remove stuff you dont want that is loaded on the device out of the box?
    When I looked at the S4 at AT&T today, it has a boat load of apps preinstalled. Would want to delete or hide all the useless ones.
    I won't be rooting the device, if that makes a difference. (I'm going to be a switcher from iPhone and don't know a lot about android phones/possibilities)
    If You Are not interested in rooting you can try disabling apps. I don't have the s4 but on other devices you can go to settings> application manager> all> find the app you want to disable> tap on disable

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    04-28-2013 01:38 AM
    Disable them under applications

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy S 4
    04-28-2013 01:38 AM
    So if you diable them, does that remove the Icon so that you can't see it? sorry, just trying to understand how it works.
    04-28-2013 01:40 AM
    So if you diable them, does that remove the Icon so that you can't see it? sorry, just trying to understand how it works.
    Yes if you disable the app (if it gives you the Option) then the icon should disappear

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    04-28-2013 02:06 AM
    Do you mean in the app drawer or on the home screens?

Sent From My SPH-L710 VIA Subspace
    04-28-2013 02:56 AM
    you can both hide, and disable some of those pre installed programs. go to application, tap menu key(left button), hide application is the bottom most option. settings>application, click on an application and tap on Disable. that will disable the program.
    04-28-2013 05:01 AM
    I use nova launcher and you can actually hide the icons from your icon tray if you want. I have some icons on my home screen so I choose to hide them in the app tray to keep things cleaner. I also made tabs and have all photo apps in a tab, system apps in a tab and so on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    04-28-2013 10:48 AM
    I use nova launcher and you can actually hide the icons from your icon tray if you want. I have some icons on my home screen so I choose to hide them in the app tray to keep things cleaner. I also made tabs and have all photo apps in a tab, system apps in a tab and so on

Can you move these unwanted APPS over to the SD card to free up internal memory? Or are you just eliminating the shortcut icon on the home screen(s)?
    04-28-2013 11:11 AM
    Can you move these unwanted APPS over to the SD card to free up internal memory? Or are you just eliminating the shortcut icon on the home screen(s)?

No, you are just removing the icon from the app drawer. They are still on the device and I believe they still take up storage space.
    04-28-2013 11:15 AM
    Correct they still take space it just hides them. Once I am able to root at some point I will remove all the bloat.

04-28-2013 04:34 PM