making it so my phone defualt to website mode and not mobile websites

steelefed

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

So i am completely new to the android phone (previous first smartphone was windows), so Im not adjusting as well as I wanted. One of the annoying features I have found is tha tif I go to espnfc.com (i am a soccer fan) it defaults to mobile mode and I cant seem to switch it back. Any idea how to default websites to not use mobile mode?

Also, I have a bunch of email account. 1 school and 3 gmail. Is there a way to set icons for each account somewhere on the phone and not just under the general email app where they are just subfolders?

Thanks!

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Are you using Chrome? If so there is a check box under settings to "Request desktop site." Check that box and then go to that website.

I don't know of a way to do what you are wanting to do with the second question. I have a similar e-mail account setup (one domain outside of Gmail and 3-4 Gmail accounts). I just use the stock e-mail application for the e-mail account outside of Gmail and I just select which account I want to look at within the Gmail application.

patelkedar91

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
On other browsers like "Dolphin Browser" you're able to change the "User Agent" under settings to Desktop. Same with Chrome, as mentioned above.

On the S3, I think there was "Desktop View" under settings. Can you find it on the S4?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
1. If it's like the S3, if you press the menu button (while in a browser window), there should be a checkbox for "request desktop site" or something similar. Whether this works, though, will depend on how ESPN has coded their site. They may honor the request, or may force you into the mobile site anyway. Some browsers (Dophin is one example, I think), allow you to set it up so it tells the web site you're using a desktop browser, which should make the web site give you the desktop view.

2. Again, assuming it's like the S3, you can add a shortcut to your home screen (long press on a blank area of the screen and tap "Shortcuts" for Gmail label. Tap that, and select the account and label (e.g., "Inbox" you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair