S4: How do you turn on Google Sync?

Antstatic

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have recently upgraded to the Samsung galaxy s4 after years of iPhone usage and I am absolutely over the moon with my new handset,

I do however have a small issue, when I go into settings all of my accounts say that auto sync is off but I can't seem to find a master sync setting to turn it on, as you can imagine this search has become incredibly frustrating and I was hoping someone may be able to send me I the right direction to turn this on?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

stevexxxxxx

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Question about S4 auto sync

Hi

I found it, if you go to the home page and pull down the notification bar you will see icons for turning on and off items.

WI fi GPS sound etc....

Scroll these items to the left and eventually you will come across SYNC turn this on and all your emails and accounts will be fine

Hope this helps

Steve

jmwebbjr

May 3, 2013
Visit site

Thank you so much for this information. I got my phone two days ago and I have been going mad trying to figure out how to get it to auto-sync. I can sleep now!

abrouss

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

Hi

I found it, if you go to the home page and pull down the notification bar you will see icons for turning on and off items.

WI fi GPS sound etc....

Scroll these items to the left and eventually you will come across SYNC turn this on and all your emails and accounts will be fine

Hope this helps

Steve

Stevexxxxxxxxx
thanks, that was my problem also, I have read many of comments on how to fix it and you are the only one that had it correct.
I think what happened, was I hit that button by mistake when i could not see my screen in the sun.

Thanks again

Al

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site

Fb keeps wanting to sync. Turned it off in FB & turned sync off in menu bar???? Help pls tnx
Is it asking something about synching applications? If so there is an app called "SNS" that has the Facebook icon under Application manager>All that can be disabled to stop it.

Hasj

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for information about Sync problem. It worked instantly and was so straight forward, and has been driving me mad. I contacted Samsung customer support who didn't even suggest this simple task, and just said maybe it was a problem with my email account.

Great advice. Thanks! :D

Sal

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Hi

WI fi GPS sound etc....

Hope this helps

Steve

It's easier just to pull down with 2 fingers at the same time from any page, not just the home page and you'll see all those icons. See screenshot below.
1377416654103.jpg

Or you can use 1 finger and you'll see on the top right an icon with 3 squares and 2 arrows, press that and all the icons come up. See screenshot.
1377417008517.jpg

Just my 2 cents.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

my 22

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

thank you so much ,cause really you save my life by this .i was going crazy cause of this .:)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Hello Bodrul, welcome to the forums have fun and enjoy. :thumbup::D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

ManpreetSinghG

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Hi

WI fi GPS sound etc....

Hope this helps

Steve

ManpreetSinghG

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Thanx Steev.... it was really frustrating 'though so simple. Now i dint have to change my phone.

Hi

WI fi GPS sound etc....

Hope this helps

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes