I'm still trying to get my way around the folders on this device. Here's what I think I've figured out...

On-device storage:
    /sdcard/
    or
    /storage/sdcard0/

External sd card:
    /storage/extSdCard/

My phone has the following folders as well, and I have no idea what they're for or if I can delete them:
    /storage/UsbDriveA/
    /storage/UsbDriveB/
    /storage/UsbDriveC/
    /storage/UsbDriveD/
    /storage/UsbDriveE/
    /storage/UsbDriveF/

These folders are all empty, and Astro is also listing them as "My Files" 2-6.

I know there's no way to re-direct screenshots to the actual sd card, but is there a way to re-direct downloads? I'm pretty sure I could default all downloads to the sd card on my HTC phones.
    04-28-2013 01:34 PM
    I'd really like to hear if anyone knows more about this file structure. It's very confusing and not intuitive to find where files are going.
    04-28-2013 04:39 PM
    Directory/Folder redirection is becoming my biggest bug bear on the S4 right now. It seems that some apps will enable you to select to store data on the phone or sdcard but wont let you specify whereabouts.

It's nice that you can set up links from the home folder to wherever certain items are currently being stored. This saves you having to drill down multiple folders to find your stuff.
    it would be even nicer if you could set up links from the directories where these apps store data back to somewhere else. That way you could have a link from the phone to your sdcard, therefore routing any data storage directly to your sdcard. This would be particularly useful with apps that don't let you specify where to store data.

I have a particular issue right now with Outlook.com app. It will let you specify where on the phone to store attachment downloads but that's it, only on the phone. I don't seem to be able to specify the sdcard.
    07-04-2013 11:03 AM