Forgive me, as this is my first android phone, but I read that Dashclock was a pretty useful widget, which displays info in the lockscreen. I downloaded it onto my phone, and dragged the widget to my home screen (it's a 4x2), but it just shows up as a blank spot. Also my lockscreen looks the same as before. I did go into the options widget and tried everything, but it's still not showing up. Am I missing something?
    04-28-2013 03:46 PM
    Youtube dashclock widget galaxy s4. Its hard to explain, but it works different than the Nexus. You have to set it up as you described and then pull down from too to bottom on the lockscreen which will open the lockscreen widgets. At this point you can scroll left to right through different lockscreen widgets and set which one you want for the main widget. Hope this helps.

Sent From My Galaxy S4 Using Android Central App
    04-28-2013 05:37 PM
    I see no youtube video as described. When I pull down in the lockscreen it just pulls the notification bar down...
    04-28-2013 05:48 PM
    I just read on another site that Samsung DISABLED lock screen widgets if you use a PIN or pattern. Absolutely incredible. When can we install stock android on this phone, again?
    04-28-2013 05:58 PM
    I had the same problem than you, didn't know how to set it up either. I was able to do it afterwards. Its very easy to do but difficult to explain with words. Search for dashclock @ youtube, it will show you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Android Central Forums
    04-28-2013 06:37 PM
    Can you directly link me to the video please? There's a thousand dashclock videos on youtube, lol.

I'd love to be able to use lockscreen widgets AND have a PIN to unlock, but I don't think it's possible on the S4.
    04-28-2013 07:06 PM
    You are correct. In order to use dashclock you have to disable lockscreen security....

Sent From My Galaxy S4 Using Android Central App
    04-28-2013 07:28 PM
    Can you directly link me to the video please? There's a thousand dashclock videos on youtube, lol.

I'd love to be able to use lockscreen widgets AND have a PIN to unlock, but I don't think it's possible on the S4.
    I am pretty sure any video you click will show you how it works, I cant link you right now but I think I remember seeing the word "Review" in the title. I think it was the third video it appeared after the search.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Android Central Forums
    04-28-2013 08:25 PM
    Hi Guys
    I am new to android and just got galaxy s4. I have downloaded dashclock but have no idea how to set it up as my default home screen widget. I have moved it to the very far right but every time I get a message or have a missed call dashclock is not my default home screen as a standard window with text message/missed call appears and my dashclock is moved to the left. How can I make my dashclock widget to be my always default home screen?
    10-18-2013 10:51 AM
    Hi Guys
    I am new to android and just got galaxy s4. I have downloaded dashclock but have no idea how to set it up as my default home screen widget. I have moved it to the very far right but every time I get a message or have a missed call dashclock is not my default home screen as a standard window with text message/missed call appears and my dashclock is moved to the left. How can I make my dashclock widget to be my always default home screen?
    Go to the Dashclock screen, hold it down and then drag it to where your other screen was. It'll shift your previous homescreen over, and make your Dashclock screen your new homescreen.
    10-18-2013 04:58 PM
    If I do that it only works when I don't have any notifications,however If i get a text what I get is a window with text message and time on a new widget. Tom access dashclock I have to swipe to the left. Is there any chance that dashclock will stay as a default lock screen no matter what?
    10-21-2013 05:25 AM
    See my post on how to use the stock Clock app as a desk clock: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...k-feature.html.
    10-21-2013 10:25 AM
    In case anyone's still trying to get this to work, I got it working with these steps:
    • Settings
    • Personalize
    • Lock Screen Style -- select Widget (apply)
    • Choose Widget -- DashClock (check mark ok)
    • Apply
    • Go look at lock screen!

I'm on a droid DNA with 4.2 AND I have a Lock Pattern... so it's works
    01-07-2014 12:27 PM