The stock one (is it Samsung or Android's?) or Gmail?

I have more than just Gmail addresses, but suppose I could set them up to forward to my main Gmail account... is there a way to get Hotmail in the Gmail app? I do really love the air view preview in the standard email app, but also love the swipe to delete feature in the Gmail app. Wish the standard one had that.

Also, if I decide on the standard non-Gmail app (which I am leaning to), how do I make it so new emails don't show up in the notification center in Gmail? If I tap a notification to open the email, it will open in Gmail rather than the standard app.

Thanks!
    04-28-2013 03:49 PM
    Use the stock one (Samsung's), thats the one that allows you to set up emails from different accounts
    Just click add account, put in the email and PW for ur email account you want to add, and it will add

The Gmail one is only for Gmail
    04-28-2013 03:51 PM
    I use Gmail for my Gmail account and the stock one for my work email. I also have a couple of other addresses and I receive them through Gmail.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums
    04-28-2013 03:59 PM
    Thanks. And how do I prevent emails in the notification center from opening in the Gmail app?
    04-28-2013 03:59 PM
    I prefer aquamail. It has more options than the stock email and I have tried all email programs. Not to mention I like push mail. I know Gmail has push but not all my accounts are Gmail

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    04-28-2013 04:22 PM
    Go into settings select your email address and uncheck notifications.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    04-28-2013 04:24 PM
    Go into settings select your email address and uncheck notifications.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    But, I do want notifications. I just want the notifications to open in the SAmsung app instead of the Gmail app...
    04-28-2013 04:32 PM
    Used Android for a little over two years and will be going back at the end of May with my next VZW upgrade.

For Gmail accounts using the Gmail android app is awesome. You can search for items across folders just like online.

For corporate accounts I highly recommend Touchdown by Nitrodesk. It is a full featured Outlook client which syncs email, contacts, tasks (not sure if they added notes yet). I allows HTML signatures and editing Out of Office messages from the application, which is a big deal. You can also search peoples calendar when creating appointments with invites if they are inside your company.
    04-28-2013 04:34 PM
    But, I do want notifications. I just want the notifications to open in the SAmsung app instead of the Gmail app...
    You can add your Gmail to the Samsung app... Turn off notifications in the Gmail app and use the Samsung app for ALL your emails including Gmail

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    04-28-2013 04:48 PM
    I prefer aquamail. It has more options than the stock email and I have tried all email programs. Not to mention I like push mail. I know Gmail has push but not all my accounts are Gmail
    +1 for AquaMail. Great app!
    04-28-2013 04:50 PM