Worst battery ever

Glitzy35

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
How much % does your screen use my is so bad 77% atm my battery goes so quick when my brightness is always low

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Android Central Forums

You have to put it on automatic brightness. I had the same problem and putting it on automatic brightness eliminated the issue.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 Life Companion

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
That icon is the screen shot icon

No, not the screenshot icon in the left corner. The one immediately to the left of the alarm icon. A diamond shape with crosshairs and what looks like a signal radiating out to the right.

Attachments

• mysteryicon.jpg
    mysteryicon.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 122

Glitzy35

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
When I open the Google maps app it goes away and the standard gps icon shows up. When I close Google maps that weird icon comes back

FRoStYisGoD

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
No, not the screenshot icon in the left corner. The one immediately to the left of the alarm icon. A diamond shape with crosshairs and what looks like a signal radiating out to the right.

thats ur GPS symbol, so either google maps is running in the background consitantly on when it should be unless ur actually using it, or an app is using it in the background to know where u are, most likely twitter or facebook, those are the 2 bigs ones. Just go to every app u have and disable GPS for them or turn it off when not using it

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
My guess is location services on some app like Places or maybe Geo tagging on a camera. Google Now sucks the life from you too. The broadcast lines indicate some kind of RF transmission. Turn off the three location services. GPS, Google & carrier and good luck.

Sent using the Amazing RAZR Maxx HD.

Glitzy35

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I can't figure out which app is the culprit. It's not Facebook, turning off all gps doesn't do it, it's not twitter, and no gps tagging on the camera. I give up. Thanks guys.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
this battery stats are fake
you can see green line is up in graph
that means they charge s4
:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:
Sent from my GT-I9300

LOL why would I need to put a fake picture of my battery.

Was I going to win an award or something? Lol some people blow my mind.

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Prior to my HTC One, I've had the S3 and the Note 2. One thing I can confirm is, the newer Galaxy devices have great battery life.

shannon la

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I use my droid all day and for the most part i have to be plugged in because by the second my battery is at one bar. I just bought this phone. It is fast, even on the battery.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't figure out which app is the culprit. It's not Facebook, turning off all gps doesn't do it, it's not twitter, and no gps tagging on the camera. I give up. Thanks guys.

It's not listed in the manual as one of the stock indicator icons, so perhaps it's from an app you installed? Whatever it is, the fact that it's constantly sending or receiving a signal is a likely cause of your battery drain. I wouldn't give up. Somebody's bound to come along who knows what it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax